By terinfire, Senior Member on 15th October 2012, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2012, 07:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 427

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar1744

Just a thought. Perhaps these values could be checked against a Bionic?

4869^"GSM Carrier Suppression"^"GSM*"
4870^"GSM 850 Carrier Suppression"^"GSM*"
4871^"GSM DCS Carrier Suppression"^"GSM*"
4872^"GSM 1900 Carrier Suppression"^"GSM*"

You would have better luck posting this question in that forum.
By the way, Bionic GSM is a go. They have it fully up and running in that thread. Confirmed working by quite a few users
29th October 2012, 03:59 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138

More
danifunker tried that already and folks have posted results in this topic (and it didn't work, apparently):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1916869

Apparently, it does not apply to GSM in the US:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=21

They, however, did not try to toggle 4869. They did 4870 - 4872. Apparently the Bionic ignores those keys and does not worry about it.

Has anyone actually tried, for sure, to toggle these settings and verify whether they work or not?
13th February 2013, 08:18 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
D4 for US GSM Bump
Hello out there?

Has anyone come up or been experimenting on how to get the domestic U.S. carriers unblocked on the Droid 4? I've been searching high and low and apparently the Bionic fixes do not work on the D4.
13th February 2013, 08:39 PM |#14  

Donate to Me
More
Re: Master Thread for Radio/GSM Unlocking Discussion in America
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqueenzkid

Hello out there?

Has anyone come up or been experimenting on how to get the domestic U.S. carriers unblocked on the Droid 4? I've been searching high and low and apparently the Bionic fixes do not work on the D4.

Quite a few poked around, but there hasn't been any progress in the past few months. If this phone had more support, I'm sure it could be figured out, but not like this. It does take brilliant minds at work to figure this stuff out.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 09:06 PM |#15  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303

Quite a few poked around, but there hasn't been any progress in the past few months. If this phone had more support, I'm sure it could be figured out, but not like this. It does take brilliant minds at work to figure this stuff out.

There are some people looking into it but it is absurdly complicated. Granted they keep moving closer to a solution, this is the most complicated phone workaround I've ever seen. Motorola/Verizon is straight evil.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144335

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackstar1744 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blackstar1744 Ad-Free
13th February 2013, 09:35 PM |#16  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar1744

There are some people looking into it but it is absurdly complicated. Granted they keep moving closer to a solution, this is the most complicated phone workaround I've ever seen. Motorola/Verizon is straight evil.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144335

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Yea that's definitely apparent. That's a brand new thread. Haven't seen it before. Those guys are doing alright

27th March 2013, 01:40 PM |#17  
Flag cyberspace
Thanks Meter: 378

Donate to Me
More
You can try my Rom.
I edited all settings about CDMA to GSM not only build.prop but I'm not in USA so I can not try.
13th May 2013, 02:50 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
droid bionic gsm unlock
Hey guys. Ive been on XDA for so long and never reslly mentioned that the gsm on my droid bionic on ICS is unlocked. Ive tried alot of methods but one method i used finally worked. i just pop a non verizon sim card in and it works 100%. txt etc.
13th May 2013, 02:55 PM |#19  
Flag cyberspace
Thanks Meter: 378

Donate to Me
More
What is this method?
13th May 2013, 04:14 PM |#20  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
It's been known and well established that the MDM6600 radio on Bionic, in particular the hardware revision A first production devices, do not have the block on US GSM carriers that the subsequent RAZR/D4 models have and can be made to work with a few simple modifications.

This does not apply to the RAZR/D4 and after a great deal of examination it has been determined that the block is in the signed BP radio image and cannot be disabled via NV editing nor any other means.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cellzealot Ad-Free
12th July 2013, 10:51 PM |#21  
Flag Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Dang, I just stumbled on this thread after playing with a co-worker's Droid4 and hoping it could be modified to work on T-mobile in the USA. Guess I'll keep an eye on this thread and pick one up if it's ever figured out. Stupid Moto/VZW. So glad I left VZW almost 2 years ago. Had a Droid1, which was an ok phone and service. On AT&T now with a Captivate Glide, but I'd like to get back to a nice sturdy Moto device with keyboard if possible. And would like to give T-mobile a try, so dang cheap for their no-contract or prepaid plans.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
radio gsm america 3g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)