(Shutdown Animation) QMG file creation

Search This thread

johan81

Apr 18, 2011
if you guys like the android figur that much, i could make a little something for you? in return of this guide... ;)
any suggestions/ideas? :)

Extra options are always welcome!

I would love another green android animation where the droid boots up, the problem is (as I mentioned earlier ;) ) I am not that creative :laugh:.
The thing I like this much about the V2 animations is the way the droid boots up and shuts down, I love to think of my SGS3 as some sort of futuristic life companion (anyone seen the movie Robot and Frank?). The way I modified the V2 boot animation is like this:
View attachment bootanimation.zip

Though any more inspiration doesn't come to my mind at the moment.

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Android raping Apple while Blackberry watches.

Extra options are always welcome!

I would love another green android animation where the droid boots up, the problem is (as I mentioned earlier ;) ) I am not that creative :laugh:.
The thing I like this much about the V2 animations is the way the droid boots up and shuts down, I love to think of my SGS3 as some sort of futuristic life companion (anyone seen the movie Robot and Frank?). The way I modified the V2 boot animation is like this:
View attachment 1911928

Though any more inspiration doesn't come to my mind at the moment.

sooo, some futuristic android raping an apple, while mr. blackberry is wathcing? seems legit enough... :p well, first of, i dont think its tolerated to make such thing.. some people might get offended by it.. but i like the idea though ;)

hmm.. how about android eating a blackberry, then take a bite of an apple, and then throws the apple to the ground and steps on it, so that it get squashed..? and from the squashing, it splashes to fill the screen and "Galaxy S Advance"-logo fades in?

Reactions: virajmalia

xessus

Feb 23, 2013
Guadalajara

http://d-h.st/HMd
here it is, V2 no logos, only android

tested, at first time it did not run, so i delete my no frills cpu "system" app and then it works

Android raping Apple while Blackberry watches.

LOL!!!! XD

I tried both of the qmg files for the boot animations and neither of them work. I just get a black screen and then the lock screen shows. I tried this on my GT-i9300 to see if it'd work before I used the animation on my SHV-E210S.

Any handy tips would be much appreciated ^-^

sorry SeraphSephiroth i could not update my SGSA firmware to the indian firm today, gave me 1 or 2 more days and i will test it with the stock the bootanimation.
i have to finish the queue animations for friends 2 roms first

ok. thats what i stick with then.. will work on it as much as i possibly can.. and keep you guys updated throughout the progress :)
take care

thank you anbech

Last edited:
Reactions: johan81

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
SeraphSephiroth i could not update my SGSA firmware to the indian firm today, gave me 1 or 2 more days and i will test it with the stock the bootanimation.
i have to finish the queue animations for friends 2 roms first

Thanks but I just installed a custom ROM so it doesn't really matter anymore ^-^

johan81

Apr 18, 2011
http://d-h.st/HMd
here it is, V2 no logos, only android

tested, at first time it did not run, so i delete my no frills cpu "system" app and then it works

Great, thanks! Now it is like I wanted it to be, you have helped me out a lot.

sooo, some futuristic android raping an apple, while mr. blackberry is wathcing? seems legit enough... :p well, first of, i dont think its tolerated to make such thing.. some people might get offended by it.. but i like the idea though ;)

hmm.. how about android eating a blackberry, then take a bite of an apple, and then throws the apple to the ground and steps on it, so that it get squashed..? and from the squashing, it splashes to fill the screen and "Galaxy S Advance"-logo fades in?

Sounds nice, I will see how it will end up ;)
Though I myself wouldn't opt for something attacking the other systems, but focus on its own power ;) that is the power of android! :victory:

I use these on my SGS3 though, so, a 1280*720 version would be nice as well.

Last edited:

xessus

Feb 23, 2013
Guadalajara
Updated :)

Edited: Updated again!

Edited 2: added Flash Zips

Enviado desde mi GT-I9070 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
This is a great tutorial. I create shutdown.qmg for Samsung I997 with success. Thank you!

Do you know how to create two boot animations (bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg)?
I tried to create bootsamsungloop.qmg in the same way as shutdown.qmg with no success.
Dimension is not correct (no 480x800). The animation shows two frames side by side with 24xx400 (I used Spring Model).
Any idea?

xessus

Feb 23, 2013
Guadalajara
This is a great tutorial. I create shutdown.qmg for Samsung I997 with success. Thank you!

Do you know how to create two boot animations (bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg)?
I tried to create bootsamsungloop.qmg in the same way as shutdown.qmg with no success.
Dimension is not correct (no 480x800). The animation shows two frames side by side with 24xx400 (I used Spring Model).
Any idea?

i guess its the same function than bootanimation.ZIP where Part0 and Part1 folders play, "Part0 = bootsamsung.qmg = lineal animation" and the last one Part1 = bootsamsungloop.qmg = loop animation" about the image dimensions you need the use same device resolution (my device SGSA = 480 x 800)

well ill install right now the stock kernel and test :good:
ill edit and tell you what happen with the "custom stock format" animation

Edited: 1st attempt fail, copied custom QMG renamed to bootsamsungloop.qmg and replaced

Edited: 2nd attempt fail, copied custom QMG renamed to bootsamsung.qmg and replaced (same stock animation)

Edited: 3rd attepmt fail, replaced both custom QMG and still same stock animation showed, those files didnt contain the bootanimation (searchig for the animation)

this will take a long time to find the bootanimation file
sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: SunnyOK

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
Thank you for your quick reply though it is not successful.

I tried to create both bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. None of them is working.
Problem 1: No right "Model" to use
Problem 2: No 480x800 dimension
Problem 3: So created qmg will play with overlap with the home screen of launcher.

Reactions: xessus

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
i will help you guys out later today, by making a small youtube tutorial on how i do it..
think that you have misunderstood something, but not quite sure what it is.. because the qmg files is native bootanimation for stock sammy roms, then it should work..

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011
i will help you guys out later today, by making a small youtube tutorial on how i do it..
think that you have misunderstood something, but not quite sure what it is.. because the qmg files is native bootanimation for stock sammy roms, then it should work..

Are you saying that you will help to create bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ? If this is the case, it will be great.
Expect your YouTube tutorial.

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Are you saying that you will help to create bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ? If this is the case, it will be great.

exactly.. uploading as i type this :)

EDIT:
there you go..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_J-Sdchlg
its best viewed in fullscreen, as i was recording the whole desktop.. :)
cheers

EDIT2:
and dont forget to set it to 720p... ;)

EDIT3:
made some annotations to show on each step.. but they are not showing, guess it will take some time before it gets showed...

btw, this is actually my second youtube tutorial, so please bare over with me.. :p

offtopic:
and if you like to see how to make 1% battery mod theming with Knobman, then check out my other tutorial here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3ipYdVYk2Y

Last edited:

SunnyOK

Mar 25, 2011

EDIT:
there you go..
cheers

EDIT2:

EDIT3:
made some annotations to show on each step.. but they are not showing, guess it will take some time before it gets showed...

btw, this is actually my second youtube tutorial, so please bare over with me.. :p

offtopic:
and if you like to see how to make 1% battery mod theming with Knobman, then check out my other tutorial here:

Thank you for your YouTube tutorial.

Did you flash them to your phone and test them?
I used the same procedure and created bootsamsungloop.qmg. After installation, I got the results shown in attachment. Do you know what I am wrong?

I did another experiment:
I used the stock shutdown.qmg for bootsamsungloop.qmg (rename and flash in /system/media) in order to see the difference of properties between bootsamsungloop.qmg and shutdown.qmg. Eventually, I obtained the same results as I shown in attachment. Does this mean that Samsung Theme Designer can only create "shoutdown.qmg"? Your YouTube clearly demonstrated the work for bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. I think I have done something wrong.

Attachments

• S1.jpg
    S1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

anbech

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you for your YouTube tutorial.

Did you flash them to your phone and test them?
I used the same procedure and created bootsamsungloop.qmg. After installation, I got the results shown in attachment. Do you know what I am wrong?

I did another experiment:
I used the stock shutdown.qmg for bootsamsungloop.qmg (rename and flash in /system/media) in order to see the difference of properties between bootsamsungloop.qmg and shutdown.qmg. Eventually, I obtained the same results as I shown in attachment. Does this mean that Samsung Theme Designer can only create "shoutdown.qmg"? Your YouTube clearly demonstrated the work for bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. I think I have done something wrong.

what dimensions are your frames? look to me that they are only 240x400, and not 480x800 as they should be for your device..
when importing your frames into Theme Designer, you dont scale them down, right?

EDIT:
yeah, tried my ones from the tutorial, and they work fine on my device..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, this is my guide to create extension .QMG files used by Samsung to storage images & animations like bootanimation and shutdown animation.

ok lets kick it!

Edited: here is a video posted by anbech (TNX BRO!!!) to show us how to do it, anyway the tuto its down here but the video its simply awsome!
    (he told us how to create the "bootanimation" for shutdown anitmation just rename as shutdown.qmg and place it in system/media/video/shutdown

cheers

EDIT:
    just noticed that i made an error in the youtube video....
    forgot to convert from Frames per second to milliseconds..
    but check in the bottom of the video description
    Software required:
    Samsung theme Designer
    (7zip, winrar, winzip)

http://developer.samsung.com/themes/tools-sdks/Samsung-Theme-Designer-2-0-4

Note: you will need your full animation sequence frame by frame in 480 X 800 (Samsung Galaxy S Advance) resolution and named with numeric sequence example: Image_000.png, image_001.png, image_002.png, etc.

1.- Open Samsung Theme Designer and create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use any model and "select Showcase" use default, name your theme.

2.- Chose "Idle Component" then "Idle Background" and change "Background Type" to "animated", select "frame" the qty. of frames your animation have, example 62 "
    Edited: Tnx for the feedback anbech
    2 A.-
    ive found this at the Help Content in Theme Designer:
    "Duration indicates the time interval among Background Animation images. The range of value is between 0 and 5000, and the unit is millisecond."

you should correct that in your OP, as its milliseconds and not seconds.. :)

and for those of you who dont know, you can calculate the framerate into milliseconds like this:
    1000 / (framerate) = (time given in ms)
    for example:
    1000 / 20fps = 50ms
    or
    1000 / 25fps = 40ms
    simple ;)
    cheers
    2 B.-"Repeat" true/false chose true if you want to create a loop animation or false in case you only want to play a single cycle.

3.- Drag your image files sequence from your folder to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer (pay no attention to the canvas it is smaller than your images)

4.- Now export your theme and accept the Samsung terms & conditions and wait for your .STM file theme.

5.- Rename the .STM file to .ZIP file and open it.

6.- Copy the "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" (Idle Background Animation Objet) to your desktop.

7.- Rename it to: bootanimation.qmg or shutdown.qmg as you required

the route for your file in the stock rom is:

You need to be root to replace the system files (thx for the feedback omnikam)
    bootanimation: system/media
    shutdown: system/media/video/shutdown

And that's it, easy isn't? no scripts! :D

Note: for Bootanimation QMG files in all this thread @anbech & @SunnyOK discover some problematics with the custom rom QMG bootanimation loading and @sonnyOK fin the solution that change color or simple didnt run the animation this was tested on SGH-I897 & SGH-I997
    This problem has been perfectly solved.

1. The two qmg files (bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg) created by Samsung Theme Designer are correct. Your tutorials are all working.

2. When the so-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ... ...both dimension and color cannot be correctly dispalyed. The solution to this is eventually simple. It lies in the file "samsungani". My solution is:
    1) Get samsungani file from GT-I9070 (other ROM may work, I did not try out),
    2) Copy it and overwrite into /system/bin. Done!!!

Note: It would not work if you just use one of newly-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg while keeping the other original one. This means that the two QMG files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg should be either both new or both original.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Updated: This is my work for chucky´s roms (tnx for allow me to work with you dude) its a mix of zip (bootanimation) & qmg (shutdown) files plus audio (ogg files) in the new future room

You need to be root to replace the system files (thx for the feedback omnikam)
    the rute is:
    bootanimation: system/media
    shutdown animation: system/media/video/shutdown
    audio: system/media/audio/ui

then im out of ideas then... :eek:
    perhaps if another user with the device you got could verify the exact same, we could conlude that its not supported by that particular device.. can you find one or two users from the forum who got the device as well, and ask them to try out..?

This problem has been perfectly solved.

1. The two qmg files (bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg) created by Samsung Theme Designer are correct. Your tutorials are all working.

2. When the so-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg are used in Samsung SGH-I897 and SGH-I997, both dimension and color cannot be correctly dispalyed. The solution to this is eventually simple. It lies in the file "samsungani". My solution is: 1) Get samsungani file from GT-I9070 (other ROM may work, I did not try out), 2) Copy it and overwrite into /system/bin. Done!!!

Note: It would not work if you just use one of newly-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg while keeping the other original one. This means that the two QMG files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg should be either both new or both original.

Thank you all for your supports, ideas and motivations!
    that sounds a bit weird.. in my youtube tutorial im using jpg files.. and that worked flawlessly..

I used jpg frames for QMG animations. It works normally, like png frames.

EDIT:
    there you go..
    cheers

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

offtopic: