Thanks Meter: 301

Post Reply Email Thread
27th April 2013, 08:50 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matgras

About choosing the right versions, dont just take eeepc but the one with the most simmilarities, i have a tablet/pc with an atom n550 and 2gb ram, there was a version for an n450 pc, which worked better then the universal one

sony xperia ray
ics 4.0.4 rooted
stock rom

you are totally Right, choose one with the most HW Similarities

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdizzy

Hey ExtremeGTX, donate, beer, coffee, anything/way to give back to you? Or just PM me

Thank you Very much, I appreciate this,
your post encourage me

Quote:
Originally Posted by joarrafe

Okay thanks. Will do. I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks again

I waiting for your Results to update First Post

Thank you

28th April 2013, 03:50 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bluetooth
why bluetooth is not working?
28th April 2013, 04:09 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member

More
Check post #1 for Updated Version

Version 1.2:
- Support Windows 2000/XP [waiting for Users Reports]
- Logging Installation Process
28th April 2013, 04:13 PM |#34  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satifhasan

why bluetooth is not working?

Check this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=28
1st May 2013, 04:54 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGTX

@joarrafe

Please test this version, it supports NTLDR
http://www.mediafire.com/?cpmvo7iohry8c0j

Okay cool. This version has a looger so I know what's happening. I tried it and it wnet as far as installing Grub4Dos, and editing my boot.ini. (I checked) Now, when the logger says "ISO: Extract ISO". It stops and a dialogue window comes up saying: " Error Occured: The System cannot find the file specified". I tried this with various iso that I have and the same thing happens. These iso's all work well with virtualbox so I figured theres no problem with the iso images. What could be missing this time? Thanks for the reply
3rd May 2013, 08:41 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joarrafe

Okay cool. This version has a looger so I know what's happening. I tried it and it wnet as far as installing Grub4Dos, and editing my boot.ini. (I checked) Now, when the logger says "ISO: Extract ISO". It stops and a dialogue window comes up saying: " Error Occured: The System cannot find the file specified". I tried this with various iso that I have and the same thing happens. These iso's all work well with virtualbox so I figured theres no problem with the iso images. What could be missing this time? Thanks for the reply

did you test on another XP Machine ? and if you don't mind please post the log.
Thanks
12th May 2013, 10:28 PM |#37  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 365

Donate to Me
More
I have the version you suggested on my older labtop I dont really use, only thing is the internet wont work (turn on) which seems like the only thing I can tell which is a bummer. My developer for the rom I have did a 4.2.2 x86 which I tried after the fact and no go. Said it was missing something. Which I was hoping to get at least a 4.0-4.2 version going well. Maybe its just not an option at this point in time. with my new labtop being windows 8 and x64 is it able to take android x86 since it runs x86 programs aswell and has both x64 & x86 program files?
One last thing when I uninstalled android it still shows android a few times under the windows 7 boot options upon restart. How can I clear/reset that? Great work & Thanks!
15th May 2013, 05:45 PM |#38  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasRomeo

I have the version you suggested on my older labtop I dont really use, only thing is the internet wont work (turn on) which seems like the only thing I can tell which is a bummer. My developer for the rom I have did a 4.2.2 x86 which I tried after the fact and no go. Said it was missing something. Which I was hoping to get at least a 4.0-4.2 version going well. Maybe its just not an option at this point in time. with my new labtop being windows 8 and x64 is it able to take android x86 since it runs x86 programs aswell and has both x64 & x86 program files?
One last thing when I uninstalled android it still shows android a few times under the windows 7 boot options upon restart. How can I clear/reset that? Great work & Thanks!

Sorry for late replay

1. Internet problem: you can ask Android x86 DevTeam, I'm developer of installer only
BTW Try the version with the most HW similarities to your machines

2. I didn't test 4.2.2 before, i will give it a shot
3. Android is fully independent OS, only use Windows Boot Manager to boot. (Doesn't care about Windows if x86 or x64)
4. I think there is a Bug with Uninstaller on x64 systems, i will test it again

Now to delete unused boot entries:
open cmd as Admin and type bcdedit.exe
this will give you list of Boot Selections each one has a unique GUID
to delete an option type: bcdedit.exe /delete {GUID}

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExtremeGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGTX Ad-Free
15th May 2013, 11:11 PM |#39  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 365

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGTX

Sorry for late replay

1. Internet problem: you can ask Android x86 DevTeam, I'm developer of installer only
BTW Try the version with the most HW similarities to your machines

2. I didn't test 4.2.2 before, i will give it a shot
3. Android is fully independent OS, only use Windows Boot Manager to boot. (Doesn't care about Windows if x86 or x64)
4. I think there is a Bug with Uninstaller on x64 systems, i will test it again

Now to delete unused boot entries:
open cmd as Admin and type bcdedit.exe
this will give you list of Boot Selections each one has a unique GUID
to delete an option type: bcdedit.exe /delete {GUID}

Thank you very much sir, worked as expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cmd.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1965306  
The Following User Says Thank You to LasVegasRomeo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LasVegasRomeo Ad-Free
17th May 2013, 11:02 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 1,585

Donate to Me
More
Known Issues:
  • Does not work if GRUB is the default bootloader

Doh! I'm dual booting Kubuntu 13.04 x86 & Windows 7 x86 on my ASUS EEE PC 1005HAB. Of couse GRUB is the default bootloader. Not sure if it's possible at all to add Android to GRUB, but I'll keep an eye on this project. I'm not dual booting on my desktop which is running Windows 7 x64, but I could run an Android emulator on it I suppose if I really wanted to. I just thought it would be neat to try this on my netbook.
17th May 2013, 12:27 PM |#41  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yochananmarqos

Known Issues:

• Does not work if GRUB is the default bootloader

Doh! I'm dual booting Kubuntu 13.04 x86 & Windows 7 x86 on my ASUS EEE PC 1005HAB. Of couse GRUB is the default bootloader. Not sure if it's possible at all to add Android to GRUB, but I'll keep an eye on this project. I'm not dual booting on my desktop which is running Windows 7 x64, but I could run an Android emulator on it I suppose if I really wanted to. I just thought it would be neat to try this on my netbook.

can you tell me FileSystem type of Main OS Partition? (NTFS/FAT32/ext4 etc.)
do you have "menu.lst" at root of C: ?

I think if GRUB installed on Windows Partition, it will be an easy job to support grub

Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)