[Guide] Revert back to Original Stock Rom With Kies

Search This thread

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
Done it. Phone booted..
BUT.. still Kies is saying that my device is not supporting upgrades through Kies.

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
Did it.It gave the same as i flashed and what Kies is saying.
And what Kies is selecting when i do a software upgrade and preparation with Kies.
:S :S :S
Product code looks goed. What do i need to see about it?

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
Here they are..

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 307
  • Screenshot_2013-06-11-21-58-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-11-21-58-48.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 317

Sh0rty007

Nov 14, 2010
I9300XXEME2 Download (Thanks To SamMobile!)
Base Firmware: I9300XXEME2 (4.1.2)
Region: Europe
Carrier: Unbranded
Build Date: 16 May 2013
Modem: CEELL1
CSC: PHNEME2

I think this is the one. Flashed it through Kies this evening again.

Noo$H

Oct 4, 2008
Has anyone got this working on an N7105? i am trying to go back to stock but cant find my ROM (Australian Unbranded 4.1.2) even to flash using odin. When i try using this kies method it says 'GT-N7105T' does not support initializing' :/

also btw, is there a way of looking up what rom came originally on the phone just by searching the serial number or something?

thanks

EDIT: disregard this post. updating kies seemed to solve the issue

Last edited:

ahmadkamalrmc

May 22, 2012
Gujrat

Dude u're a life saver. I got my Note II a week ago, brand new and it was on 4.1.1 and did not show any updates and I followed u're procedure and I'm on 4.1.2 now. Thanks a million.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

fussygoat

Sep 18, 2013
Will this work on a bricked phone?

Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.

Does this work on a bricked Galaxy Y GT-S5360? I tried this on my phone. However, on the 5th step I connected the phone (in download mode) first before pressing volume up. My computer did not recognize my phone. It said "device driver installation failed" - similar to what happens when you plug in a usb device and is not recognized. The 'Start Update' did not light up and could not be clicked.

Hope to hear from you guys and to get help reviving my phone.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry. I noticed I posted this on the wrong forum / room. But if it's alright with you guys, can you just disregard that I mentioned a different phone model? I'm really interested to know if this process would work on a bricked phone. Thanks again!

Last edited:

thedadio

May 21, 2009
Thank you so much. This guide helped my flash my phobe back to stock after it crashed and wouldnt boot anymore ( I was using lion rom 4.3 ) so I got the phone running again. Then flashed latest uk h3g rom via odin to get my hd voice back. Now im just waiting for a decent 4.3 rom to appear.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Would a kies restore fix imei and efs problems?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Philly3

Dec 20, 2013
Hi I have successfully upgraded my N7100 from 4.1.1 to 4.3 but now gone GSM connection. What is the problem?

Skywalker.00

Sep 14, 2013
Monroe, NC
Hi I have successfully upgraded my N7100 from 4.1.1 to 4.3 but now gone GSM connection. What is the problem?

Check and make sure your imei is still intact. If it is not you may have somehow corrupted your efs partition. This can only be fixed by flashing back to stock.

Also check your APN's and access points just in case ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Philly3

Dec 20, 2013
Check and make sure your imei is still intact. If it is not you may have somehow corrupted your efs partition. This can only be fixed by flashing back to stock.

Also check your APN's and access points just in case ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

IMEI code good. The funny thing is that I bought a new phone which has been rooted :confused: How can this be?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all. This is a very simple guide to revert back to the Stock rom that came with your phone.
    Odin is not needed, also no special skills needed. All you need is a PC with Samsung Kies installed.
    Kies is best to be updated to latest version. latest one is 08-01-2013

So, let's start. If you were rooted and the custom binary counter has increased, please use TriangleAway prior to this guide.

1-) Open up Kies with phone disconnected, but keep it powered up cause you will need it for the serial number.

2-)Navigate here (tools) (picture 1) and select the 3d option (software upgarade and preparation). you will get this Enter GT-N7100 press confirm.

3-) enter your phones serial number(picture 3) wich you can find either under the battery or by navigating to yout phone Settings- About device- Status- Serial
    Number. Press confirm. after pressing confirm you will be presented with a dialog which lets you know that the device will be wiped. Press Confirm again.
    4-) you will now be presented with the version (picture4, it is for my phone. you will have maybe other) that is the latest for your phone and your serial number. press confirm and wait for the first download (picture5). wait till it finishes.

5-)in the next screen (picture 6) read and select Agree. put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down+ home button+ power on. do not release the buttons till the phone is in the screen that tells about warning. press volume up.
    connect phone to PC and press down at Start Update button.
    this will take a while to download cause the update is about 1GB.
    wait till it finishes and phone boot up.
    Set up as usual.

Hope it helps.
    I m on stock 4.3 With KnoX tripped...
    With this kies method can i downgrade to 4.1.2?

no, this will install latest firmware available, wich is android 4.3

im on a phone without knox. if i update through KIES will i get KNOX installed?

yes

Can this method work with custom recovery too? Im rooted, 4.3 ml3, philz recovery and stock rom

can work, but will install 4.3 with knox

I'm now on android 4.3 ( custom rooted rom ) ... and even after using triangle away .. it gives binary counter 1
    do you think after following your steps I will go to stock official rom 4.3 and with counter 0 ??
    Thanks in advance

no
    try use triangle away, after that reboot directly in download mode and flash firmware with odin.
    note more than 5min once it finish downloading and start flashing, otherwise
    you may got bootloop. In that case
    Reboot to recovery (vol up+home +power)
    and wipe cache and data (factory reset)
    PS:This will erase all your data.
    It will work coming from any rom. Just backup, backup, backup your personal data. It will wipe internal sd.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    Wow, thanks!
    I hust have a question about this, for example, if i ever want to rollback to carrier stock ROM, i should follow the steps above? If we do this, are we going to enable OTA carrier updates as long as we don't root the phone, right?

Thanks!

you are correct. in both questions:laugh: