Phone frozen in aroma installer for trickdroid, won't reboot.

Search This thread

cdillio

Aug 30, 2010
Any thing I can do besides wait for it to die? Icons flash but phone won't reboot no matter how long I hold power.

Funkquito

Jun 6, 2010
New Jersey
just happened to me and adb does not work either.

Edit - Phew just fixed it. Had to install the driver again and got it to reboot with adb.

Last edited:

jeb101

Jul 19, 2012
To reboot the phone without ADB, just hold down the Vol Up and power button for 9 seconds, the phone should shut down. If it doesn't try again. Might take a try or two but I've always been able to reboot that way after Aroma hard freezes.

Reactions: nyarlathotep

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
To reboot the phone without ADB, just hold down the Vol Up and power button for 9 seconds, the phone should shut down. If it doesn't try again. Might take a try or two but I've always been able to reboot that way after Aroma hard freezes.

Actually to force reboot into recovery it's power+ vol down.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

jeb101

Jul 19, 2012

I didn't mean reboot into recovery, this is just to shut the phone down after it froze and you can't do anything else. Like when Aroma crashes. I don't know if it's a real button combo, but I found that it worked, it just happened that last night that I reinstalled my rom and tweaks for trickdroid, and it would freeze. I found holding down power and immediately pushing the Vol Up button, after 9 seconds it will shut down. If it doesn't, try again. It'll work, frustrating, but it works.

On a side note, is there a manual out there somewhere that has all the button combos?

Force shutdown, recovery, bootloader, Safemode, stuff like that.

No issues force shutting down the phone using what I did, or getting into fastboot & recovery and stuff, but would be nice if there would be a writeup or a guide on this.

Cheers

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC
Sometimes the forced shutdown doesn't work. You can sometimes use adb to reboot but that doesn't always work either. You just have to let the battery die.

skedi

Apr 15, 2010
Ottawa
Yep, experiencing this right now! the button combo doesn't work, adb wont recognize the phone, waiting for it to die

trdsnow

Jan 11, 2011
hahaha... omg... that light thing worked! Can someone explain why that works???? lol.

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
The leading hypothesis is that HTC built in a safe guard against you accidently managing to push PWR + VOL DWN when your phone is in your pocket.

I really wish I could remember who I got that fix from--that guy deserves a medal!

Yea I know I deserve it

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

I have learnt my lesson the last time when I flashed in aroma when I figure out the bright light thing and promised never to take that chance again if i do use aroma to flash anything I dont even touch the screen I use the power button to select and vol up and dwn keys to navigate and make sure I'm at 10% battery in case I get stuck

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
The leading hypothesis is that HTC built in a safe guard against you accidently managing to push PWR + VOL DWN when your phone is in your pocket.

I really wish I could remember who I got that fix from--that guy deserves a medal!

Hey what's sup

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Sometimes the forced shutdown doesn't work. You can sometimes use adb to reboot but that doesn't always work either. You just have to let the battery die.

Usually when the phone is stuck like that it is registered in ur pc as the phone being off so nothing works when the phone is frozen in aroma lol the only thing that works on the phone is the sensor in that case. I am not too sure but I know for sure the sensor have something to do with the light adjustment of ur screen light when ur in the sun it gets brighter when ur in the dark it gets dimmer even putting the phone to ur ear the sensor tells the screen to turn off and on. Even with the soft keys they don't light up until night time. So when ur phone freezes like that the only thing that knows the screen is actually on is the sensor and if ur in the dark the sensor would not detect it as being on until u put it in some light which makes the power button shut the phone off. This works on HTC Butterfly and the htc one series plenty ppl asked me about it lately on the one x and so on

Reactions: SuperFan86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep, experiencing this right now! the button combo doesn't work, adb wont recognize the phone, waiting for it to die

put your phone under a bright light then hold power+volume down.

I didn't mean reboot into recovery, this is just to shut the phone down after it froze and you can't do anything else. Like when Aroma crashes. I don't know if it's a real button combo, but I found that it worked, it just happened that last night that I reinstalled my rom and tweaks for trickdroid, and it would freeze. I found holding down power and immediately pushing the Vol Up button, after 9 seconds it will shut down. If it doesn't, try again. It'll work, frustrating, but it works.

On a side note, is there a manual out there somewhere that has all the button combos?

Force shutdown, recovery, bootloader, Safemode, stuff like that.

No issues force shutting down the phone using what I did, or getting into fastboot & recovery and stuff, but would be nice if there would be a writeup or a guide on this.

Cheers

Any thing I can do besides wait for it to die? Icons flash but phone won't reboot no matter how long I hold power.

Okay I got it to show up in adb and rebooted it. Now I am stuck at the boot screen and I can't get to recovery, and it won't show up in adb.