[YP-G70][Kernel][3.0.8][LiveOC] KKernel R2.1 by KOala888

Search This thread

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
Ok, please respect my time spend on that kernel and read at least those few opening posts and last pages of topic.

Many users reported that overclocking doesn't work for them, they got SODs etc. most probably because of gpu overclocking. So I present you a kernel with LiveOC feature that should be good for every user.

1. Main features
2. Tunables
3. Source
4. FAQ
5. Credits
6. Download

1. Main features (more in changelogs and on mine git)

* LiveOC
* Fastcharge
* CustomVoltage
* 441mb of RAM
* 400,800,1000,1100,1200,1300,1400 frequency steps with stock gpu&bus speed
* BFS
* Lowmemorykiller from 3.4
* Frandom
* Fsync disabled
* Lowered screen minimum brightness (I hope so that this is our hardware limit)
* default SIO and conservative
* opitmal readahead
* mine touchscreen values
* wifi works at normal speed when device is locked
* battery is charged to its 100%
* Touchscreen undervolted 20%
* Maaany other fixes and small features

2. Tunables

For managing those features you are supposed to use apk like NSTools or any other, but that one is highly recomennded

LiveOC

I implemented it so everybody can overclock as he wants to, total personalization and freedom of choice. And possibility to squeeze maximum performance.

LiveOC simply overclocks CHOOSED cpu frequencies by a % choosed by YOU, user.
As the gpu&bus frequency is simply cpu frequency divided by a number, it also is overclocked by choosed %.
Unfotunatelly cpu frequency and gpu&bus frequency are linked so choosed % affect both of them.
As I said, you can also choose which frequencies to overclock which is great facility.]
You won't probably be able to overclock more than 127% because of our BUS which can't achieve such a frequency (most devices)

For example, you choosed minimum frequency affected by LiveOC as 1300mHz and maximum as 1400mHz.
You set LiveOC % to 110., then:
1,1*1300 ==> 1430mHz
1,1*1400 ==> 1540mHz
1,1*200 ==> 220mHz - gpu&bus frequency for both of the frequencies

Now you probably think: Ok, I can overclock even to 1,7gHz but my device will reboot for sure because of too low voltages! That is why I also implemented CustomVoltage. Although when you overclock it slightly then you possibly won't have to adjust voltages.

*WARNING*
Some frequencies seem to not like liveoc, for me it is 1300mhz. Also some liveoc values can be laggy, use different then.

CustomVoltage

CustomVoltage allows to set you custom voltage for both cpu and gpu&bus.
Perfect solution for undervolting and overvolting when using liveOC ;)
ARM voltage - voltage given to CPU
INT voltage - voltage given to GPU&BUS

Fastcharge

Fastcharge make charging via USB as fast as via normal A/C charger ;)
You can simply turn it on and off whenever you like.

Minimum Brightness

Now your device can be even dimmer when using it at night.

*WARNING*
You have to use RootDim apk for this thing. Lowering brightness via setting or on statusbar would require rom modification :)

I highly recommend seting up a custom tile, you choose Rootdim night1 and for example system icon "cloud".
Then you open RootDim, set your brightness to 1 and longpress Night1 button.
Voilla! You have a custom tile that sets your brightness to 1 :D
I hope that it set brightness to our hardware minimum.
I also recommend switching off keys backlight by a script or manual permissions change ;)

3. Source

https://github.com/KOala888/blahblah

anyway some changes are still only on my HDD

4. FAQ

This will be created in future ;)

Some terms:
BFS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_****_Scheduler
Frandom - http://billauer.co.il/frandom.html
Fsync - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33381928
Readahead - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Readahead

5. Credits

JackpotClavin - for his 3.0 kernel for our lovely venturi and other contributions and helping me to build
Mevordel - For verything he has contributed us and explaining me many kernel things
android1234567 - For his source, advices, discoussions with him, helping me to build and solve errors, answering in my threads
Ezekeel - for creating LiveOC and many useful features
ts1506 - for his repo and advices
Fishears - For his awesome repo and advices
DerTeufel - For CustomVoltage and modification to liveOC and his ideas
Stratosk - For his epic work for aries and his repo
morific - For his EPIC work to many devices, inspiration and origial idea

The order doesn't matter. If I forgot someone then I am sorry and please point me that :)

5. Downloads

Downloads:
usa:
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/27472720/file.html
intl:
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/42191562/file.html

Last edited:

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
CHANGELOG

7th July 2013 - Release 2.1
*Updated GPU drivers
*less debugging and ram dedicated to it
*new wifi drivers? not sure if we use same as aries
*some fixes to SLUB
*KSM and VM tuned
*async I/O improved

18th June 2013 - Release 2
*Build with A8 cortex optimized toolchain
*Some optimization for flags - feels smoother
*Finally found my dream governor - intellidemand, seems to be perfect for my idea of the kernel
*Update zip contains script turning off our keys backlight! From now with the minimum brightness mod you can enjoy using player at night

31th May 2013 - Release 1
*unnecessary governors removed & conservative - default - can cause laggy UI - still have to find proper governor
*even dimmer screen

26th May 2013 - Beta 2
*linux 3.0.8
*removed 100&200mhz frequencies to eliminate SODs
*Battery is charged to its 100%

19th May 2013 - Beta 1
*initial release

Last edited:

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
The only one supported. Old are totally aborted. I just had to start from a scratch again.

I hope that youtube and kerys will work for usa, not sure :)

Reactions: Laogai

peztoa

Nov 30, 2012
Callao
ok so far i been testing international kernel on latest iurnait's cm10.1 , tried vice city on medium graphics and it works pretty smooth, the touchscreen tweaks makes it really easy to control, cpu freq 100mhz-1400mhz, performance as governor and SIO as scheduler are just working great for heavy usage, best performance on my galaxy player so far, good job :good:

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
ok so far i been testing international kernel on latest iurnait's cm10.1 , tried vice city on medium graphics and it works pretty smooth, the touchscreen tweaks makes it really easy to control, cpu freq 100mhz-1400mhz, performance as governor and SIO as scheduler are just working great for heavy usage, best performance on my galaxy player so far, good job :good:

Thank you, you should try liveoc for sure ;) Maybe later when I will add more detailed instructions.

@KOala888 you should add instructions on how to configure liveOC :p so far Ezekeel's liveOC is pretty interesting but it doesn't scale up voltage and it doesn't OC the GPU well :(

BTW you should add credit for Ezekeel in the OP because he made the liveOC :)

1 last thing: there's no UKSM in the kernel

There are some accualy ;)
Also, I did everything in hurry, and as you can see I have written that I have to make better opening post in future, so don;t worry everything will be added, like credits ;) But thank you.

Also it isn't exacly ezekeel's liveoc I think. Why it doesn't OC gpu well? Stratosk has voltages scallable, but it is very individual feature. Most often you overclock 1-2 frequencies, not all of them, so not too much to adjust ;)

I will add suggested configurations and voltages in future. I like liveoc because you can get literally maximum performance from overclocking here.

About UKSM, not sure, git doesn't match my HDD repo to well ;c

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Thank you, you should try liveoc for sure ;) Maybe later when I will add more detailed instructions.

There are some accualy ;)
Also, I did everything in hurry, and as you can see I have written that I have to make better opening post in future, so don;t worry everything will be added, like credits ;) But thank you.

Also it isn't exacly ezekeel's liveoc I think. Why it doesn't OC gpu well? Stratosk has voltages scallable, but it is very individual feature. Most often you overclock 1-2 frequencies, not all of them, so not too much to adjust ;)

I will add suggested configurations and voltages in future. I like liveoc because you can get literally maximum performance from overclocking here.

About UKSM, not sure, git doesn't match my HDD repo to well ;c

It is Ezekeel's, he originally made it for the Nexus S and I believe his name is in the copyright for the liveOC file. By bad GPU overclocking I mean that the GPU is barely being overclocked at all (unless it doesn't have GPU overclocking). For example, in my kernel the GPU runs at 229MHz when the CPU is at 1600MHz. In Nenamark2 with my kernel and CPU at 1600MHz I get 33fps. In this kernel I set the liveOC to 115% and set the CPU to 1680MHz and I only scored 30fps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
Well I wouldn't say it is anything related to liveoc overclocking gpu in a bad way. It can be voltage, other kernel changes, toolchain (which I will change too), anything :)

I prefer hardcoded overclocking, but liveoc gives same performance and you can push it to the limits

And I don't need it to be the best in benchs, I want it to be universal. For me it is the best anyway :)

In epic citadel I got 41 fps

Wysłane z mojego Nexus S za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Laogai

augiem94

Aug 7, 2012
Deering
I hope im not the only one who wants this or i most surely will look like a boob...but is there any chance you could make a kernel like this for gingerbread? :) Entropy512's is just seeming so outdated after seeing the amazing features in the jellybean kernels :). I and i hope some others would greatly appreciate if you just considered creating a gingerbread kernel. Thank you :)

Sent From My USA Galaxy Player 5.0

An1mus

Oct 21, 2012
Nassau
Okay so with live oc my over clock will increase when needed and remain low when not...

So it's like on demand?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
Nope. If you overclock it to 120% then every affected frequency will stay at 120% unless you change it to 100% :)
Feel free to ask

And about gingerbread, I don't use it. It literally sucks comparing to 4.2.x
So sorry but I can't. Hardware acceleration and many useful features do the thing.

But maybe in future, as an experiment, to see whether it isn't faster while gaming. I already had gb kernel some time ago but discraded.

Last edited:
Reactions: augiem94

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Okay so with live oc my over clock will increase when needed and remain low when not...

So it's like on demand?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

LiveOC is not automatic, you have to configure it and use it manually. Basically, it allows you to increase the frequencies by a percent between 100 and 150 that you put in. Let's say you put in 110%, then the speed of all the frequencies will go up by 10%, so 1400MHz will become 1540MHz, 1300MHz will become 1430MHz, and so on.

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
But I included tunable selective liveoc too. So you can choose frequencies to overclock :)
Than you for help android1234567, btw do you use it? how is it?

Goodnight guys

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
But I included tunable selective liveoc too. So you can choose frequencies to overclock :)
Than you for help android1234567, btw do you use it? how is it?

Goodnight guys

I tested the kernel and it works well :)

How do I use the selective overclock?

WHib96

Feb 8, 2013
Man, these 5.0 kernels are just amazing. The ram, OC, and everything. I'm really hoping that we'll see kernels with these features on the 4.0 sometime soon!

I'm curious, how much of a battery improvement does the LCD UV make? On the 4.0, the display eats tons of battery, tons and tons more than anything else. Wondering if we brought that to the 4.0 that it might fix that issue.

An1mus

Oct 21, 2012
Nassau
With this kernel every time I turn my screen on it doesn't come back on

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

peztoa

Nov 30, 2012
Callao
Is just me or the compass is fixed now? Its working perfect on Google maps

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

KOala888

Nov 21, 2010
Gdańsk
I tested the kernel and it works well :)

How do I use the selective overclock?

In NSTools in cpu card you have values like OC target low and OC taget high. If you choose for example 800 and 1200 then every frequency from 800 to 1200 will be overclocked :)

Man, these 5.0 kernels are just amazing. The ram, OC, and everything. I'm really hoping that we'll see kernels with these features on the 4.0 sometime soon!

I'm curious, how much of a battery improvement does the LCD UV make? On the 4.0, the display eats tons of battery, tons and tons more than anything else. Wondering if we brought that to the 4.0 that it might fix that issue.

Hm, just take from batterystats the % of battery that your LCD takes and multiply it by 0,8 :) Also, you have other display

With this kernel every time I turn my screen on it doesn't come back on

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

See first post, set minimum frequency to 400mhz until I won't fix it :)

Is just me or the compass is fixed now? Its working perfect on Google maps

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

I never used it. If I foxed it then by accident

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, please respect my time spend on that kernel and read at least those few opening posts and last pages of topic.

Many users reported that overclocking doesn't work for them, they got SODs etc. most probably because of gpu overclocking. So I present you a kernel with LiveOC feature that should be good for every user.

1. Main features
    2. Tunables
    3. Source
    4. FAQ
    5. Credits
    6. Download

1. Main features (more in changelogs and on mine git)

* LiveOC
    * Fastcharge
    * CustomVoltage
    * 441mb of RAM
    * 400,800,1000,1100,1200,1300,1400 frequency steps with stock gpu&bus speed
    * BFS
    * Lowmemorykiller from 3.4
    * Frandom
    * Fsync disabled
    * Lowered screen minimum brightness (I hope so that this is our hardware limit)
    * default SIO and conservative
    * opitmal readahead
    * mine touchscreen values
    * wifi works at normal speed when device is locked
    * battery is charged to its 100%
    * Touchscreen undervolted 20%
    * Maaany other fixes and small features

2. Tunables

For managing those features you are supposed to use apk like NSTools or any other, but that one is highly recomennded

LiveOC

I implemented it so everybody can overclock as he wants to, total personalization and freedom of choice. And possibility to squeeze maximum performance.

LiveOC simply overclocks CHOOSED cpu frequencies by a % choosed by YOU, user.
    As the gpu&bus frequency is simply cpu frequency divided by a number, it also is overclocked by choosed %.
    Unfotunatelly cpu frequency and gpu&bus frequency are linked so choosed % affect both of them.
    As I said, you can also choose which frequencies to overclock which is great facility.]
    You won't probably be able to overclock more than 127% because of our BUS which can't achieve such a frequency (most devices)

For example, you choosed minimum frequency affected by LiveOC as 1300mHz and maximum as 1400mHz.
    You set LiveOC % to 110., then:
    1,1*1300 ==> 1430mHz
    1,1*1400 ==> 1540mHz
    1,1*200 ==> 220mHz - gpu&bus frequency for both of the frequencies

Now you probably think: Ok, I can overclock even to 1,7gHz but my device will reboot for sure because of too low voltages! That is why I also implemented CustomVoltage. Although when you overclock it slightly then you possibly won't have to adjust voltages.

*WARNING*
    Some frequencies seem to not like liveoc, for me it is 1300mhz. Also some liveoc values can be laggy, use different then.

CustomVoltage

CustomVoltage allows to set you custom voltage for both cpu and gpu&bus.
    Perfect solution for undervolting and overvolting when using liveOC ;)
    ARM voltage - voltage given to CPU
    INT voltage - voltage given to GPU&BUS

Fastcharge

Fastcharge make charging via USB as fast as via normal A/C charger ;)
    You can simply turn it on and off whenever you like.

Minimum Brightness

Now your device can be even dimmer when using it at night.

*WARNING*
    You have to use RootDim apk for this thing. Lowering brightness via setting or on statusbar would require rom modification :)

I highly recommend seting up a custom tile, you choose Rootdim night1 and for example system icon "cloud".
    Then you open RootDim, set your brightness to 1 and longpress Night1 button.
    Voilla! You have a custom tile that sets your brightness to 1 :D
    I hope that it set brightness to our hardware minimum.
    I also recommend switching off keys backlight by a script or manual permissions change ;)

3. Source

https://github.com/KOala888/blahblah

anyway some changes are still only on my HDD

4. FAQ

This will be created in future ;)

Some terms:
    BFS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_****_Scheduler
    Frandom - http://billauer.co.il/frandom.html
    Fsync - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33381928
    Readahead - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Readahead

5. Credits

JackpotClavin - for his 3.0 kernel for our lovely venturi and other contributions and helping me to build
    Mevordel - For verything he has contributed us and explaining me many kernel things
    android1234567 - For his source, advices, discoussions with him, helping me to build and solve errors, answering in my threads
    Ezekeel - for creating LiveOC and many useful features
    ts1506 - for his repo and advices
    Fishears - For his awesome repo and advices
    DerTeufel - For CustomVoltage and modification to liveOC and his ideas
    Stratosk - For his epic work for aries and his repo
    morific - For his EPIC work to many devices, inspiration and origial idea

The order doesn't matter. If I forgot someone then I am sorry and please point me that :)

5. Downloads

Downloads:
    usa:
    http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/27472720/file.html
    intl:
    http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/42191562/file.html
    Okay, still messy op. Here I post new version for usa and intl.

Quick changelog:
    *linux 3.0.8

intl
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/91681/file.html
    usa
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/82842734/file.html

Download is up so please enjoy ;)

LiveOC helps to squeeze 100% from EVERY device
    CHANGELOG

7th July 2013 - Release 2.1
    *Updated GPU drivers
    *less debugging and ram dedicated to it
    *new wifi drivers? not sure if we use same as aries
    *some fixes to SLUB
    *KSM and VM tuned
    *async I/O improved

18th June 2013 - Release 2
    *Build with A8 cortex optimized toolchain
    *Some optimization for flags - feels smoother
    *Finally found my dream governor - intellidemand, seems to be perfect for my idea of the kernel
    *Update zip contains script turning off our keys backlight! From now with the minimum brightness mod you can enjoy using player at night

31th May 2013 - Release 1
    *unnecessary governors removed & conservative - default - can cause laggy UI - still have to find proper governor
    *even dimmer screen

26th May 2013 - Beta 2
    *linux 3.0.8

19th May 2013 - Beta 1
    *initial release
    For 4.2.2 it is second, but yes it is final thread :)
    But not kernel, I still plan to do some things

Wysyłane z mojego YP-G70 za pomocą Tapatalk 2