[TEAM CANJICA][JB - ROM] MIUI v4 [BETA 5/5B - 19.08.2013]

Search This thread

fedevd

Jan 20, 2011
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
****ed up internal partitions working with MIUI.. Sooo, no news for now.. Sorry people

EDIT

Back in game people.. To understand whats happening here, this is the deal: almost every bug present in this rom are related to framework folder, so, to fit and fix MIUI I have to decompile and fix smalis, booleans, strings.. Looks easy but it's not 'cus I have many smali files and some of them are sooooo big, plus that MIUI has obfuscated code ("obfuscated" code means like a code assembled to the original code but in parts and mixed in a way that make harder to follow it 'cus has a little part here and continue over there and something like that, it's like a code hidden code inside) and that make harder follow the code or in some cases fix it (I don't have an example here to show you, but trust me, in some parts, the code is a big big "¿?").. So, port MIUI is easy, make it work, well, that's another history.. So, that's why I can't update the rom (plus that, I got a life, family, work, etc..), I'm noy an experienced user in code so make it more harder.. Anyway, I'm working on with Franco and Diego, the only ones who helps me, and gonna try to fix everything I can so tonigth will do some strings changes and upload a new beta with latest CM updates (now while I'm writing this the time is 8:06 am so will be up like in 12 or 14 hours 'cus I'm on my job, so be pattient and wait). Here you can see that I'm working on MIUI, just a video with a weird issue caussed by 2 smalis diff:

[YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpR5Y3jL6pQ&feature=youtu.b[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

fedevd

Jan 20, 2011
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
2 mins before finish the upload the electricity service was off and still off.. Im trying to upload to Dropbox, when fibish will share the link and please someone do a mirror on Dev Host 'cus my data service sucksssss!!

uploadfromtaptalk1369224691136.jpg

Enviado desde mi GT-I9070 usando Tapatalk 2

PravPhenomenon

Apr 11, 2013
Mumbai
thanks a lot fedved :D
Really appreciate ur work bro :)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

just quick questions that I have.. please do lemme know..
1) should this rom be installed only on xxlqb as base??? coz I am currently on ddulp8

2) can I use custom kernel like cocore 6.0 with this rom..?

3) can mods like 4cyl turbo run with this rom.. are they compatible!??

sorry for noob questions...

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Jeroenvk94

Mar 26, 2013
Spijkenisse
thanks a lot fedved :D
Really appreciate ur work bro :)

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

just quick questions that I have.. please do lemme know..
1) should this rom be installed only on xxlqb as base??? coz I am currently on ddulp8

2) can I use custom kernel like cocore 6.0 with this rom..?

3) can mods like 4cyl turbo run with this rom.. are they compatible!??

sorry for noob questions...

1. Try and report. FOR YOUR SAFETY: ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING A ROM!
2. No, cause I thought this was CM based. Flashing kernel will result in a FC of your sec.phone
3. Idk

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Reactions: PravPhenomenon

fedevd

Jan 20, 2011
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Anyone who tested last release faced a really poor data connection? 'cus I can't get more than 20 kbps here.. =/

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

2 mins before finish the upload the electricity service was off and still off.. Im trying to upload to Dropbox, when fibish will share the link and please someone do a mirror on Dev Host 'cus my data service sucksssss!!

View attachment 1982093

I'll upload it for you :D

fedevd

Jan 20, 2011
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Im close to home, finally will upload it now, first thing to do in home.. I ask again, anyone who know and understand about smali patching?

EDIT:

Finally in home:

EDIT 2:

Updated OP link with BETA 2. Test 3G please and tell me how it works.. Don't forget to read OP for some "partial" bug fixes (i'm totally advocated to solve SMS issue, that's why I didn't try to fix the others bugs)

Last edited:

Kulwinder Singh

Feb 1, 2012
Mohali
@fedevd a big thanks to u bro..despite my all non sense u did it man.. :) very happy today!! downloading now..will tell u about another bugs(if any) out there..again thnqu so much bro...

pplu18207332

Aug 11, 2012
Im close to home, finally will upload it now, first thing to do in home.. I ask again, anyone who know and understand about smali patching?
EDIT:
Finally in home:

EDIT 2:
Updated OP link with BETA 2. Test 3G please and tell me how it works.. Don't forget to read OP for some "partial" bug fixes (i'm totally advocated to solve SMS issue, that's why I didn't try to fix the others bugs)
3g works as well as the cm10,I can receive sms ,but cannot send sms...,also when i change english to other language,there still have a FC then no signal...

Kulwinder Singh

Feb 1, 2012
Mohali
google now not working for me even without voice search..getting force closed!!anyone else having this problem??everything else is working like butter :) didnt find any other problem !!

Last edited:

fedevd

Jan 20, 2011
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Google Now probably don't work 'cus still faceing Voice sint. issues. I'm gonna leace SMS bug for later and start fixing another bugs like missing MIUI prop camera, lockscreen music, etc...

EDIT:

Try to install Google Search ftom Playstore and run Google now..

Last edited:

Abhinandh Ajay

Sep 24, 2012
Chennai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI v4
    LViE4.png

WE INTRODUCE TO YOU MIUI v4 PORT

Based on official MIUI v4 3.2.22 for Nexus S and "diego-ch" CM 10 for S Advance

TeamCanjica

We've been discussing to officialize the team a while ago and as Pablo (Paul-L) joined us we finally did it.
    Our build server was then set up using Jenkins (Pablo's idea) and now and we'll are able to push nightly builds of Cyanogemod to Goo.im easily.
    Also we are now joined by Pawel (DevSwift) which is now extending 4.2.2 development to Sony's Xperia P.
    Diego Porto aka diego-ch -- CyanogenMod
    Huang Ji aka cocafe -- CoCore Kernel
    Federico Melano aka fedevd -- Miui
    Franco Rapeti aka frapeti -- CyanogenMod
    Matthew aka CallMeVentus -- NFC Variant
    Pablo Lunarenko aka Paul-L -- P.A.C 4.2.2
    Shantanu Londhe aka Shaaan -- Paranoid Android 4.2.2
    Pawel aka DevSwift -- Xperia P

CHANGELOG

Code:
    [B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 1 - 06.07.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Initial release of new beta based on new official Galaxy nexus rom

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 1B - 09.07.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· RIL issues fixed

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 2 - 13.07.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Fixed Browser user agent (still needing some smali work)
    · Fixed Google Now (still having some issues related to voice search but works fine)

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 3 - 02.08.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Changed to Crespo as base
    · Updated with latest CM updates

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 3B - 03.08.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Fixed RIL issues (Can't hangup or recive calls? Now you can..)

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 4 - 11.08.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Fixed ID3 Tags issue on Music player
    · Fixed "user:agent" (Test Blogger.com and you will see xD)
    · Added Spirit FM Free

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 5 - 19.08.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Fixed Storage values
    · Added MIUI keyboard
    · Added SMS app rotation enabled (Thanks shut_down)
    · Partially fixed backlight LED buttons
    · Released Multi-Lang pack (download link below Gapps)

[B][U][COLOR="DarkOrange"]BETA 5B - 19.08.2013[/COLOR][/U][/B]

· Fixed Storage values
    · Added MIUI keyboard
    · Added SMS app rotation enabled (Thanks shut_down)
    · Partially fixed backlight LED buttons
    · Added multi-lang pack

WORKING:

Code:
    RIL
    AUDIO
    BT
    VIB
    GPS
    CAMERA (For pictures and videos in 720p!!)
    MTP/USB storage
    OMX
    HW decoders/encoders
    BACKLIGTH LED BUTTONS

NOT WORKING OR NOT WORKING PROPERLY:

Code:
    FILE EXPLORER APP DOESN'T SHOW THE CORRECT STORAGE VALUES
    WIFI TETHERING
    WIFI DIRECT

TO DO/FIX:

· Weird warnings on Browser like "Input methods" and "No free space".. RAM issue? o_O
    · Add and make native more languages (multi-lang pack is not doing a good work into the rom)
    · Storage issues

ADVICES:

Code:
    · Minnor minnor lags on launcher, but is fine for me..
    · Tell me what more

ENABLING FM RADIO:

First of all, this is a Free version authored to be in MIUI by @mikereidis (owner and creator of this amazing app) so give a big big thanks to him!!
    Here you have his own app thread: Spirit FM and here you will have it as full version on Play Store: Spirit FM Unlocked so buy it if you like it or at least donate him, he really really deserves it!!

Code:
    1) Enable ROOT on "LBE Guard" app located in "Security center" folder
    2) Plug handset
    3) Open "Spirit Free" and give ROOT perms
    4) Press "Digital" on screen warnings and then "Ok"
    5) Get into settings and select:
    BAND: World
    AUDIO>Method> Galaxy S3/Note/S2_ICS
    VOLUME SCALE> 30 is ok, bigger values can damage device speaker

FIX GPS:

Code:
    1) Download [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fastergps"]FasterGPS[/URL]
    2) Open it and give propper root permms
    3) Set "Continent" with your proper location
    4) Set "Current server" with your location
    5) Calibrate "Compass", reset "AGPS Config" and calibrate "Rotation"
    6) Go to "Advanced settings" and set "INTERMEDIATE_POS" 1, "ACCURACY_THRES" 0, "REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_RE..." 1 and "NTP_SERVER" with your location
    7) Test outside the GPS, disabling first WiFi and 3G, with [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2"]GPS Status & Toolbox[/URL]
    7B) If the GPS still not working fine, just open FasterGPS app and press "Revert to old gps.conf" and test again

INSTALLATION:

Code:
    For "MIUI":

· Get into "recovery mode"
    · Do a backup
    · Go to "mounts and storage"
    · Format "/system", "/cache", "/data" and "/preload"
    · Install MIUI
    · Install GAPPS

For "multi-lang pack":

· Boot into MIUI (initial boot at least)
    · Reboot in recovery mode
    · Install lang pack

[COLOR="Red"][B][U]DO NOT WIPE ANYTHING!![/U][/B][/COLOR]

MIUI:

Code:
    [URL="http://d-h.st/R77"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 1.zip (209.4 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/bwX"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 1B.zip (209.29 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/D2Q"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 2.zip (209.29 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/TTn"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 3.zip (143.15 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/8Kl"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 3B.zip (143.15 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/XqV"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 4.zip (145.93 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/Kjp"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 5.zip (153.27 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/EkR"]MIUI v4 Advance GT-I9070 - Beta 5B.zip (171.09 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]

GAPPS:

Code:
    [URL="https://mega.co.nz/#!Xc9V1STL!BOqVCFFmY3bX_5dOehC3SCkqigF-fshY8D7KviCwQ7Q"]miuiandroid_gapps-4.1.2-small_signed.zip (10.0 MB) (MEGA)[/URL]
    [URL="http://d-h.st/FXI"]miuiandroid_gapps-4.1.2-small_signed.zip (10.0 MB) (Dev Host)[/URL]

MULTI-LANG PACK

Code:
    [URL="http://d-h.st/wHC"]MIUI v4 Multi-Lang Pack - GT-I9070 (67.99 MB) (Dev Host) [COLOR="Red"][B]uploading[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

CREDITS:

Xiaomi for his releases
    Team Canjica for helping, supporting and testing
    Diego Porto and Franco Rapetti for kernel mods, deep debugging and fixes
    Lens_flare for his excellent guide (you should read it and thanks him) and support
    Robert Rozic for some advices
    Mike Reid for Spirit FM (you should thanks and buy him a beer)
    shut_down for Mms.apk rotation enabled and testing
    Patryk Ryd original author of OMX patches

sigpic854598_1.gif
    Finally!! OP updated people, let's test MIUI and don't forgett to give a feedback and a proper THANKS to the users on "CREDITS"!!
    CM is more prioritary now.. Anyway, im working on this and MIUI is stable but SMS bug is back again so im debugging some apps and jar looking for the reason of this bug. Now MIUI has a couple bugs but not too much work to do, so will be able for all in less time that I think (if everything still going fine)

Oh, rigt.. I forggot to told you people, don't expect anything for now, i'm busy with v4 but I made a bootable MIUI v5 based on CM10 (yes, I know that v5 is JB 4.2.1, but works in Diego CM10) so after finish v4, will work in v5..

I made some progress, now SMS service dont take down the service. I used another MIUI as base and now works fine but some important apps are freezeing and FC's so make the rom unstable.. Gonna debugg tonight and try to fix and set up some framework values and paths of Torch, USB, apps..

Beside that I have a great news about MIUI. Will work on it after MIUI v4 turns stable for use, so expect great things about MIUI stuffs!! Don't promise anything but hope work on it soon so please, do some feedback to make this work more faster!! 20k visites and 0 feedback? C'mon, this is not for me, it's for all us..
    ****ed up internal partitions working with MIUI.. Sooo, no news for now.. Sorry people

EDIT

Back in game people.. To understand whats happening here, this is the deal: almost every bug present in this rom are related to framework folder, so, to fit and fix MIUI I have to decompile and fix smalis, booleans, strings.. Looks easy but it's not 'cus I have many smali files and some of them are sooooo big, plus that MIUI has obfuscated code ("obfuscated" code means like a code assembled to the original code but in parts and mixed in a way that make harder to follow it 'cus has a little part here and continue over there and something like that, it's like a code hidden code inside) and that make harder follow the code or in some cases fix it (I don't have an example here to show you, but trust me, in some parts, the code is a big big "¿?").. So, port MIUI is easy, make it work, well, that's another history.. So, that's why I can't update the rom (plus that, I got a life, family, work, etc..), I'm noy an experienced user in code so make it more harder.. Anyway, I'm working on with Franco and Diego, the only ones who helps me, and gonna try to fix everything I can so tonigth will do some strings changes and upload a new beta with latest CM updates (now while I'm writing this the time is 8:06 am so will be up like in 12 or 14 hours 'cus I'm on my job, so be pattient and wait). Here you can see that I'm working on MIUI, just a video with a weird issue caussed by 2 smalis diff:

[YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpR5Y3jL6pQ&feature=youtu.b[/YOUTUBE]