FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] AdFree by Bigtincan - adblock app

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 153

By no14me, Senior Member on 4th April 2013, 08:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
After flash ROM without backup, I searched on Google Play but I can't find any adblock app.
So i search and know that some days ago all "Ad Blocking" apps were removed from Play Store. It's too bad, because with small app, i always download the new one after flash.
AND WITH SOME APP, I DON'T WANT DOWNLOAD FROM ANOTHER SOURCE EXCEPT GOOGLE PLAY.
Luckily, i opened the sdcard and recognized that I backed up this app the day before flash. so I have backed up the best ad blocking app for me: AdFree from bigtincan.
I attached version 0.8.47-the last version in the Google Play before remotion. I exported it by AppInstaller, so you can install it normal
Also, you can get the last version here (found this in XDA ): http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
UPDATE: ADFREE 0.8.47 WAS OUT OF DATE. EVERYBODY CAN DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION VIA THIS DIRECT LINK: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/adfree.apk
Or you will get Out of date notification when open apps

*EDIT: 19-Jan-2015: attached newest version (dont know if anybody still using this like me. haha)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apps-december-28-adfree-android-121227.jpg
Views:	12669
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1857206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-19-22-34-20.jpg
Views:	8248
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	3123147  
Attached Files
File Type: apk AdFree-0.8.47-last-version-from-google-play.apk - [Click for QR Code] (631.4 KB, 25819 views)
File Type: apk AdFree-0.9.8-19Jan2015.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.84 MB, 53382 views)
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to no14me For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift no14me Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 07:14 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I would suggest downloading any adblockers from their developers site. The new versions include an updater that works outside of the play store.

http://adblockplus.org/en/android-about

Sent from my LG P970 using XDA-Premium
[Device]LG Optimus Black P970
[ROM]CM10.1
[Kernel]3.0.8-CM+
[MOD] 4cyl Turbo engine v0.3.2_r1 w/ 200 shot NOS(@Exit_only)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OptimusDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OptimusDan Ad-Free
19th May 2013, 09:20 PM |#3  
Flag atlanta, ga
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDan

I would suggest downloading any adblockers from their developers site. The new versions include an updater that works outside of the play store.

http://adblockplus.org/en/android-about

Sent from my LG P970 using XDA-Premium
[Device]LG Optimus Black P970
[ROM]CM10.1
[Kernel]3.0.8-CM+
[MOD] 4cyl Turbo engine v0.3.2_r1 w/ 200 shot NOS(@Exit_only)

I bump month old threads from trolls and I suggest you read the op.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atljatl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atljatl Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 05:22 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atljatl

I bump month old threads from trolls and I suggest you read the op.

I'm sorry it came off like that but iI was just trying to be helpful. As you can surely see I'm still a fairly fresh face around here. Feel free to call me a troll if you desire, I'm not here to start any forum battles.
The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OptimusDan Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 07:29 PM |#5  
Flag atlanta, ga
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDan

I'm sorry it came off like that but iI was just trying to be helpful. As you can surely see I'm still a fairly fresh face around here. Feel free to call me a troll if you desire, I'm not here to start any forum battles.

I hear you. It's just that you linked to a completely different app from a different developer. Forgive the troll comment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atljatl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atljatl Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 08:07 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atljatl

I hear you. It's just that you linked to a completely different app from a different developer. Forgive the troll comment.

Totally understood. I'll be sure to be more mindful about what I'm posting. Don't worry about the comment, we're good.
The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusDan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OptimusDan Ad-Free
16th June 2013, 02:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 416

Donate to Me
More
Here's an updated version for whomsoever is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.bigtincan.android.adfree-0.8.56.apk - [Click for QR Code] (633.7 KB, 3900 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prasad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prasad Ad-Free
17th June 2013, 03:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasad007

I installed AdFree about six months ago when still available on PlayStore. Is the updated version needed?
17th June 2013, 04:50 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTooPhone

I installed AdFree about six months ago when still available on PlayStore. Is the updated version needed?

An even newer version can be obtained directly from the site: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/
Certainly, there would be a need for the updation
The Following User Says Thank You to Prasad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prasad Ad-Free
21st August 2013, 12:15 AM |#10  
Flag Tulsa
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Thank You! I can't believe how hard it has been to find this update.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:

An even newer version can be obtained directly from the site: http://adfree.bigtincan.com/
Certainly, there would be a need for the updation

I don't know if this is even the same app. I question it due to it having a different Icon, new website, no info, and BigTinCan turning into a new company and dumping AdFree from what I saw.
21st August 2013, 12:40 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x9x9x9x9x9

I don't know if this is even the same app. I question it due to it having a different Icon, new website, no info, and BigTinCan turning into a new company and dumping AdFree from what I saw.

Works exactly the same... An icon being updated is hardly strange, especially considering how the app was removed from the market.

Sent from the inner sanctum of my mind.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adblock, adfree, bigtincan

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)