[ROM] AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! - SONY | JellyBean | BlackDome | Beats Audio

Search This thread

jimd144

Nov 5, 2008
Carmichael
Originally Posted by edawg86 View Post
Which recovery are people using for this? I'm using TWRP and got caught in infinite loop.

I bet you didn't wipe all the caches.
I used Clockwork and worked fine.

Last edited:

tC_Driver

Jun 23, 2009
I am rooted through revolutionary and I initially tried clockworkmod recovery. I thought my first attempt that resulted in an infinite boot loop ( 1 hour continuous ) was caused by a bad download so I verified the md5 again and retried, only to get the same result. I switched to TWRP thinking it was related to the recovery, but I was still unable to boot after the usually wiping. Even after trying the flash/power off/ flash again/ power off then reboot suggestion given earlier in the thread, it still failed to boot. I tried to partition my SD card and upgrade to ext 4 with TWRP and I flashed it again with the same result. It wasn't until I saw another suggestion to try Smelkus recover that I was able to successfully flash this ROM. I did use smelkus to upgrade to ext 4 before flashing as well. I've never had an issue using either clockwork or twrp until now but I can honestly say that I am glad that I did. This ROM is fast and fluid and most importantly, it solved the compatibility issues with all of my games on the market. So far this ROM is worth every second of any trouble I encountered while trying to use the other recoveries. I did see that others were able to install without issue on clockworkmod, but I tried flashing for days before finding the setup that works for my EVO. I hope this helps you in some way find yours. Thanks again RGS for the ROM. I found my new Daily Driver.

Sent from my X10 using xda premium

Orestees

Jan 31, 2013
Live Oak
Love this mod. It's definitely the smoothest and fastest rom I've tried. One huge problem for me though, I cannot get on any wifi networks. I've tried at home and at work but when I select a network, I immediately get a cannot connect message. This happened on a prior mod too, so I'm not convinced it's this mod's issue but does anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this? Flashing another radio? I'm a noob, so I've got no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

justgonecrazy

Aug 1, 2012
Love this ROM. Very cool playing the xperia games. Only issue is a bit of video playback flicker. Any known fix for this. A couple of the other jb ROMs seem to have it fixed.

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
Got it running

Well, I just flashed this last night, worked fine. Takes a long time to boot, but it booted up fine. I would re download part 1 & 2, wipe everything but sd card a few times. After you're done wiping, power phone off. Yes, that's right, power off. Wait 2 or 3 minutes & power back up by holding power button & volume down simultaneously, when it boots up youll be in bootloader, press volume down for recovery & hit power button. Once in recovery flash part 1 then part 2 & power off when done. Wait 2 or 3 minutes & power on the same way as above to get to recovery. In recovery, click reboot phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ok So I got i running. Thanks for the guidance.It's a nice rom.I'm not sure why i thought this was a sense rom. But nice rom.

jonahly

Oct 27, 2012
Ashland
Thanks Man!! My EVO 4G Has not been able to install roms I sometimes get a Status 7 ( CWM ) or ( bad ). But it has been taking awhile so I'm getting hopeful.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Love this ROM. Very cool playing the xperia games. Only issue is a bit of video playback flicker. Any known fix for this. A couple of the other jb ROMs seem to have it fixed.

Do you mean the " Slight Skips " in recording and playback?
I've been trying to find a fix for it..

justgonecrazy

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks Man!! My EVO 4G Has not been able to install roms I sometimes get a Status 7 ( CWM ) or ( bad ). But it has been taking awhile so I'm getting hopeful.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Do you mean the " Slight Skips " in recording and playback?
I've been trying to find a fix for it..

I was talking about the flickering when watching YouTube but that seems to be fixed now. I think the only thing I did was flash a lag reducer. I absolutely love this rom. It's just amazing. I'm using Next Launcher with it and wow. Speed is awesome.

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013
Re: [ROM] AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! - SONY | JellyBean | BlackDome | Beats Audi

Fixed it haha.. All I did was clicked on the sound I wanted and hit the vol up and poof it worked.. I sent myself a text to test it and it worked...

The xperia games are kick a$$ also..

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app

I experienced the same issue with the alarm app, phone would vibrate but notification sound did not play. Selecting the notification sound and pressing volume up did the trick for me too. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: hondafreak513

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013
Re: [ROM] AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! - SONY | JellyBean | BlackDome | Beats Audi

Has anyone else had problems with the camera's color balance? My pictures all have a pronounced yellow-green tint.

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
installation aborted, smelkus status 7: going to try and re partition my sd card and try again

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

installation aborted, smelkus status 7: going to try and re partition my sd card and try again
still not working says missing some symlinks or something

RedheadTarn

Aug 24, 2011
Colorado Springs
Loaded this yesterday and I am loving it so far. One problem I am having, every time I try to open Google chrome, the phone reboots. I have tried installing it several times and when I try to open it, the phone locks up for about 10 sec and then reboots. Also while I can can get the built in hotspot to work, I can't get any version of "Wi-Fi tether for root users" to work... which I love because it gives you your throughput speeds, so I can tell if I'm connected to a good server. Any body have any ideas about either issue?

InSaNeO1488

Jul 17, 2012
ok got it working. i checked the md5 from the download and heres a screen shot in the attachments. checksum did not match so i redownloaded again from same source and did the checksum and it was good so i flashed and havent gotten any errors yet. im currently waiting for my device to boot up for the first time as i have just flashed

Attachments

• md5.jpg
    md5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: ohen2494

BobWalker

Mar 21, 2013
Re: Chrome

phone freezes and reboots itself when i click on google chrome

I was able to install and open Chrome successfully, but it uses over 50 MB of internal memory and is too sluggish unless I boost MaxCPU to 998. I am using the SavageZen governor and am testing Seeder (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987032) to reduce lag. Although I prefer to use Chrome on my computer, I think its resource requirements for internal memory and CPU cycles are a little heavy for the EVO 4g and I definitely prefer the longer battery life I get by throttling back the CPU.

Still I think Chrome will work reasonably well with this ROM as long as your internal memory does not drop well below 100MB and you allow a high enough Max CPU to handle the browser, but I intend to continue using Dolphin Mini Browser for the time being.

P.S. I did find that each time I tried launching Chrome from the dock, my phone rebooted; however, when I launched Chrome from the app drawer or from the home screen it started normally.

Last edited:

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
phone freezes and reboots itself when i click on google chrome

I noticed that in two other ROMS. Especially if you click on the chrome icon in the bookmarks widget. It reboots every time. I have no clue what it is. Must be a common problem with certain types of ROM. Who knows....

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

This was the first ROM I ever tried when I rooted my phone three weeks ago. I didn't know what I was doing then, and I can appreciate it now. I've learned to be patient and flash things one at a time. The performance is so much smoother. I even flash this one segment at a time. I keep running into issues with other ROM's that I've tried. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I put a heavy load on them with social media apps. The cache requirements and frequent updates keep it too busy for me. This one has everything I want in a ROM and without making my NOOB mistakes when flashing it works so much better now. I'm anxious to get my albums loaded up and listen to some music that sounds good.

Hey Bob Walker....I've got a question for you buddy. Do you think it would be any benefit to flash the crossbreeder with this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INTRODUCING THE ALL NEW
    AlienMOD_zpsa48b3f11.png

Solar Flare Series 5!​

Sony Walkman With Visualizers! / Google Maps World MOD / Awesome Beats / JB 4.1.2 / Black Dome v2.1 / Bravia / Nova / Video Playback / 8MP Working Cam

NOW FEATURING:
    Baked-in BlackDome V2.1 Kernel By TroNit found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2103416
    BlackDome_zpse492eba9.png

By: TroNit!​

PLAY GAMES YOU COULDN'T SEE BEFORE IN THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE WITH THE SONY XPERIA X10 SPOOF!

PIONEERED Android 4.1.2 Development Research

shot_000014_zpsd3a328e4.png
    shot_000001_zpsbaeab6a7.png

Screenshot_2013-02-10-01-54-43_zpsd419ec3e.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-01-55-23_zps78cf369f.png

YOU MUST INSTALL 2 PARTS FOR SOLAR FLARE SERIES 5!

AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5 PART 1: AlienMOD_Solar_Flare_Series_V_PART_1.zip - 205.64 MB
    AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5 PART 2: AlienMOD_PART_2.zip - 64.27 MB

Whats is inside AlienMOD Solar Flare Series V!

BlackDome Version 2.1 Kernel By Tronit

Unique New Theme with liquid battery look

Samsung Galaxy S3 Power Notification Toggle Theme

App2SD Options Baked In!
    -How to Enable:
    1) Open terminal (found in the app drawer)
    2) Type "su" (then press enter)
    3) Accept su
    4) Type "a2sd" install (then press enter)
    5) Go through prompts (Keep Tapping Enter Until Complete)
    6) Reboot

998 Mhz Default CPU Setting (instead of 640)

Bootanimation selector enabled

Mixed Mason sourced modules

SuperSU!

MX Player for Videos

Latest Android Play Store

Videocam Illusion

Vignette Camera (Awesome)

Xperia Wallpapers

Galaxy S3 & Droid sounds

Removed stock camera (it was terrible)

ICS Gallery

Awesome Beats

Google Maps v6.10.0 MOD- World Navigation

Blue Plazma v2 Bootanimation by JaeKar99

Sony Notes

Bravia Engine 3

Sony World Clock

Sony Timer Widget

Xperia Wallpapers

Nova Launcher in place of Trebuchet

Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers

Removed unnecessary videos clutter in media folder

Google Now!

INCREDIBLE Crystal Clear SOUND!!!

Fully working Sony Walkman music player
    with Visualizers! [PORT]

Fixed Symlink on install Errors

Super Stable / Smoother / Better / Just Sweet!

**You must install both 2 Parts**

EASY How to Install AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5:

1) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

2) Wipe Cache

3) Wipe Dalvik Cache

4) Install Part 1

5) Install Part 2

6) Reboot Enjoy!

**You may experience 3-4 bootloops after initial installation. Is normal on very first boot on some devices :)

Issues: Just no FFC (yet)

OLDER BUILDS

YOU MUST INSTALL 2 PARTS FOR SATURN SERIES IV!
    AlienMOD Saturn Series IV PART 1: AlienMOD_Saturn_Series_IV_Part_1.zip - 202.27 MB
    AlienMOD Saturn Series IV PART 2: AlienMOD_Part_2.zip - 79.73 MB

Changelog for SATURN SERIES IV:

MX Player for Videos

Latest Android Play Store

Videocam Illusion

Vignette Camera (Awesome)

Xperia Wallpapers

Galaxy S3 & Droid sounds

Removed stock camera (it was terrible)

ICS Gallery

Fully working Sony Walkman music player
    with Visualizers! [PORT]

Fixed Symlink on install Errors :)

Smoother / Better / Just Sweet!

**You must install both 2 Parts**

EASY How to Install Saturn Series IV:

1) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

2) Wipe Cache

3) Wipe Dalvik Cache

4) Install Part 1

5) Install Part 2

6) Reboot Enjoy!

Issues: Just no FFC (yet)

AlienMOD Saturn Series III: AlienMOD_Saturn_SeriesIII.zip - 220MB

Changelog AlienMOD Saturn Series III:

Google Maps v6.10.0 Mod – With World Navigation activated

Sony Walkman PORT

Blue Plazma v2 Bootanimation by JaeKar99

Slimmer

Sony Notes

Awesome Beats Fixed

Bravia Engine 3

XPERIA ARC S notifications & ringtones added

Sony World Clock

Sony Timer Widget

Xperia Wallpapers

Nova Launcher in place of Trebuchet

Removed Cyanogenmod wallpapers

Removed unnecessary videos clutter in media folder

Error Message pop-up FIXED

SUPER SMOOTH!

Google Now! Just hit update on google search :)

INCREDIBLE Crystal Clear SOUND!!!

AlienMOD Amp'd Series II: AlienMOD_AmpD_Series2.zip - 210.40 MB

Changelog AlienMOD Amp'd Series II:

MazWoz SBC JB Kernel

Mixed Mason sourced modules

Runs much smoother eliminating glitches

Labytinth AlienMOD: Labyrinth_AlienMOD.zip - 210.40 MB

Features:

Kernel by Evervolv

Thanks to Jmztaylor for CM10 brought to our Evo

KPTNK for Black Phone / Contacts / MMS

Awesome Beats Audio by Awesome

Smooth touch technology

Ultra sensitivity modification

Home locked to memory

App to SD capable

Better battery management

Sony xLoud

Sony Bravia

Faster boot

8MP Camera working

GAPPS Baked right in

Sony Xperia Spoofed! (Unlock Sony games and Apps) "It really thinks it is a Sony!" Look at game shown in picture and try to download
    it without this rom! Apps not seen before for the Evo is now revealed :)

How To Install:

Place rom into the Root of your SD Card

1) Go into your favorite recovery

2) Wipe Data / Factory Reset

3) Wipe Cache

4) Wipe Dalvik Cache

5) Install the Rom

6) Reboot / Enjoy!

This is a W.I.P Heavily Modified Jelly Bean Version 4.1.2 OS

Issues:
    Now 4G
    Video camera is not working properly (seems to act like recording but no playback)
    Slow Charge on this Kernel
    Sometimes slow screen wake
    No FFC

What's Next:
    New Kernel with SBC and total voltage control (Hope someone figures out FFC drivers or could use some help!)
    Videocam fix or replacement
    Upgraded Sony Spoof :) (right now the Sony Ericsson x10... maybe a newer model next)

I am currently accepting any help necessary to improve the functionality of this rom :) All inputs welcome!​
    New release is up!

New Release AlienMOD Solar Flare Series 5! Featuring the All New BlackDome Kernel By Tronit!
    Update!

I have a real nice surprise update TONIGHT! This new version is built with working Sony Visual Live Wallpaper on the music player! / working videocam / working video player / Perfect 8mp camera / updates / compatibility fixed on installs (no more symlink errors) / and much more!!! :) Stay Tuned.... CURRENTLY UPLOADING.

UPDATE SERIES IV Released! Enjoy :)
    New update coming up!

I have a real nice surprise update TONIGHT! This new version is built with working Sony Visual Live Wallpaper on the music player! / working videocam / working video player / Perfect 8mp camera / updates / compatibility fixed on installs (no more symlink errors) / and much more!!! :) Stay Tuned.... CURRENTLY UPLOADING.
    Just getting some confirmation here. A few posts back awesome beats was broke and DSP and other mods were thought about being added in. As of AlienMod Saturn have these issues been addressed? Also my YouTube app flickers quite often. Is this a known issue?

-------------EDIT-----------
    Awesome Beats finally started working after a reboot. Just wondering if it only works with certain music players? YouTube is still glitchy too.

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app

Yes. Awesome beats works fine on this series 3. As that is one issue I intended of getting fixed. This ROM is my personal daily driver and I am focusing on improving this rom. I am currently experimenting the video recorder and playback. I noticed if the picture camera at 8mp has any glitch, all you need to do is exit and re-enter the picture camera app as it is working great! Not wishful thinking :) I will find a way to fix this video camera and video stream issue on stock app.

Sent from my X10 using XDA Premium HD app