[MOD] Enable HD Voice without root or custom software !!!

Search This thread

stefan063

May 26, 2009
Kragujevac
www.chemco.rs
I have found a way to enable HD Voice on My SGS4 without root or custom software on stock Samsung Galaxy S4. Follow these steps...

1. Dial *#0011#
2. Press Menu key,then Back
3. Press Menu again then Key input,Enter value 1,and wait for few seconds
4. Press Menu key,than Back
5. Press [7] DEBUG SCREEN
6. Press [7] WB-AMR SETTINGS
7. Press [1] WB-AMR ENABLE
8. Press Menu and then Back
And finaly 9. Press [6] WB-AMR Status, VIOLA, WB-AMR SETTINGS: ON and UMTS WB: ON

Try and let me know how it went...

This MOD work till ME2

If you find this [MOD] useful,you could by me a RED BULL :)

Last edited:

stefan063

May 26, 2009
Kragujevac
www.chemco.rs
Sorry for sounding stupid, but what exactly is "HD sound?"

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Short for high-definition voice, and also called wideband voice, in Internet telephony, it refers to the use of wideband technology to provide a deeper clarity and better audio experience in VoIP communications. Traditional telephony is based on sampling the sound stream 8,000 times a second, and constraining the reproduction of the sound spectrum to the range between 200Hz on the low end to 3.3KHz on the high end-and fitting it into a 64Kbps bandwidth. In HD voice, a wideband codec doubles the sampling rate and more than doubles the width of the sound spectrum reproduced, from 50Hz to 7KHz. This adds significant depth and nuance to the transmitted sound-and it reduces the bandwidth requirement to 32Kbps, half that of PSTN transmission.
HD voice technology uses Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to capture and transmit the higher quality sound. Several wideband codecs currently being used for HD voice include G.722 and G.722.1, and the MPEG-4 AAC Low Delay codec.

plasmastate

Sep 5, 2012
But it will only work if my carrier supports it right. Will there be any difference in skype calls etc ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Dan-SRi

Aug 16, 2010
Dorset
I have found a way to enable HD Voice on My SGS4 without root or custom software on stock Samsung Galaxy S4. Follow these steps...

1. Dial *#0011#
And finaly 9. Press [6] WB-AMR Status, VIOLA, WB-AMR SETTINGS: ON and UMTS WB: ON

I am using I9505XXUAMDM

Hi!

Worked on i9505 with Wanamlite rom... wasnt enabled and now is.

Will see if it makes a difference, im guessing calls should just be clearer?

vinandy

Dec 9, 2009
Muscat

1. Dial *#0011#

I am using I9505XXUAMDM

Doesn't work for me. After 4th Step>>> I get to the DEBUG SCREEN, but when I press [7] HANDOVER >> NO MENU EXIST

iamnotkurtcobain

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna

1. Dial *#0011#

I am using I9505XXUAMDM

Muss ich probieren ;)
Have to try!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk 2

s4lah

Sep 24, 2010
Thank you, ur a life saver, I debranded my phone from EE network to BTU and lost hd voice on firmware MDM however will ur help it back! Whoop wooop

Is there anyway to test it? And how come updating firmware turned it off

Thanks mate.

1. Dial *#0011#

I am using I9505XXUAMDM

Jul84

May 17, 2011
It may sound stupid but isn't this feature automatically activated, and if not, why ??
There should be some disadvantages to activate it if it's off by default.

damador

Jun 6, 2009
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Thank you, ur a life saver, I debranded my phone from EE network to BTU and lost hd voice on firmware MDM however will ur help it back! Whoop wooop

Is there anyway to test it? And how come updating firmware turned it off

Thanks mate.

Its a system switch setting which can be changed in flashing. To check it see the settings if it display enabled it works

Sent from stolen Iphone 27,3 using mind control boomstick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Dial *#0011#

This MOD work till ME2

If you find this [MOD] useful,you could by me a RED BULL :)
    Sorry for sounding stupid, but what exactly is "HD sound?"

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Short for high-definition voice, and also called wideband voice, in Internet telephony, it refers to the use of wideband technology to provide a deeper clarity and better audio experience in VoIP communications. Traditional telephony is based on sampling the sound stream 8,000 times a second, and constraining the reproduction of the sound spectrum to the range between 200Hz on the low end to 3.3KHz on the high end-and fitting it into a 64Kbps bandwidth. In HD voice, a wideband codec doubles the sampling rate and more than doubles the width of the sound spectrum reproduced, from 50Hz to 7KHz. This adds significant depth and nuance to the transmitted sound-and it reduces the bandwidth requirement to 32Kbps, half that of PSTN transmission.
    HD voice technology uses Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to capture and transmit the higher quality sound. Several wideband codecs currently being used for HD voice include G.722 and G.722.1, and the MPEG-4 AAC Low Delay codec.
    Thank you!
    That's ok now for UMTS WB.

@all, any possibilities to activate GSM WB to be ON?
    Thanks.

replace step 1-4 with:

dialer -> *#0011#
    menu -> Back (option)
    menu -> key input -> Q (uppercase q)
    menu -> key input -> 0000
    wait 10 seconds, then main menu will appear

;)
    Anybody knows how to get in to service mode on lollipop custom rom?

Use Phone info apk from market it's free.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
    Then from top right menu choose "secret codes" then from list chose 197328640 code and press Launch0 option and service mode appears:
    uploadfromtaptalk1423677764190.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423677780500.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423677811313.jpguploadfromtaptalk1423677865910.jpg

//->>
    this method doesnt work on the new MEA firmware.. only lets you enter service mode but thats it

:(

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

ok a update i tried changing the CSC but dat didnt work, however after flashing I9505XXUAME2_MODEM it work..

woopp woopp

now i can activate HD Voice and fully access Service mode.