Votes: 24 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ben74

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2006
Yeah, it's coming along. The new UI is pretty much done, and the original functionality is close to being done. I'm mostly writing unit tests now. Can't promise anything but hopefully I'll have a beta ready in about a week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kentk

Jan 7, 2009
Cupertino
Juce defender can be compatible.

There is an option to keep a wifi network connection on based on location and network.

The option is under the customize profile, settings. First turn on location and then set the options for each network to keep enabled.

Great work on the app. I am a paid user on an i777 running SHOstock 3.02. Looking forward to your 4+ version.

Now for a stupid question, how do I change the lock screen background?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369697867889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369697867889.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 588
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369697899465.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369697899465.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 590
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369697930483.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369697930483.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 584

kentk

Jan 7, 2009
Cupertino
Told you it was a stupid question ;)
At least asked in a stupid way. I am coming from go locker which can use the launcher background which, in this case, is live wallpaper.

The usual way I know only works for pictures and static wallpaper.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
so i'm trying to think of a new name for the app. once i add bluetooth, and maybe some other ways of unlocking the phone, the name Unlock With Wifi won't make as much sense anymore. i'd like a name that's more general, but still gives people some idea of what the app does. anybody have any brilliant ideas? please search google play to make sure the name isn't taken before you post it. thanks.

Vaetheran2107

Jan 9, 2011
How about Unlock Any Way?
You could also name it just simple like Unlock or Just Unlock.

Gesendet von meinem Transformer TF101 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
Just Unlock sounds good. Unlocker unfortunately exists.
Unlock my Phone (UMP)?
Open Sesame unfortunately already exists THREE times in the market.

Unlock My Phone is pretty good, but i think i want to get away from the word unlock. it's not very clear what unlock means. some people think it means carrier unlocking. there are a lot of carrier unlocking apps out there. i'd like a name that has more to do with the fact that you don't have to enter your password.

Auto Password was one idea i had. it doesn't have a great ring to it though. then again, neither did Unlock With WiFi :)

Thumb Saver? saves your thumbs from typing in your password all the time.

SuperConvenient? bit of a mouthful, but might make people curious enough to check it out.

Skip Password? awkward, but descriptive.

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
progress update: i'm very close to being ready to release a beta. good news, i got bluetooth working faster than expected, so the first beta will have unlock with bluetooth! should be another couple of days...

Reactions: latino147

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
ok guys, i'm ready to start beta testing the new app! the beta will initially only be available to current users of the paid version of UWW. if you own UWW and want to help beta test the app, PM me with the same email address you used to buy UWW with. however, before you do, read everything below carefully.

i'm going to try out google's brand new beta testing functionality on google play. you will get the beta directly from google play. the beta will only be visible to members of my google+ community, which i will invite you to when you give me your email address. if you don't use google+, you'll have to sign up. sorry, but that's how google set this beta testing service up.

one interesting thing about google's beta program is that i can't make it free. since the app will be a paid app, and you can't ever switch an app from free to paid in google play, the beta has to be paid. i'll make it as cheap as google allows me to: $0.99. this actually solves the problem i discussed earlier of how to give existing users of UWW a discount on the new app. if you're a paid user of Unlock With WiFi, you can join the beta and get it for $0.99. when beta testing is over, the beta will convert into the full version, and you will not have to buy it again. so by joining the beta, you're essentially pre-purchasing the new app. i like this because it will help ensure that i only get beta testers who already know the app, and are serious about wanting to help find bugs in the beta.

just to be clear, this is a BETA, and it is unfinished. there will be bugs, and some menu options currently do nothing. it's a work in progress, and i need beta testers to report bugs. you can report bugs in this thread, via PM, or via email. when you report a bug, please attach the log file, named Unlocker.log, which you can find on your sdcard.

unlock with bluetooth is working! the UI part of it is not finished though. you must have bluetooth already enabled (on) in order to add a bluetooth device. in the future, the app will turn BT on for you.

because of the weird way android handles BT, the app cannot check if you are currently connected to a bluetooth device. crazy, right? the app can only get messages that a BT device connected or disconnected. it can't check if any are currently connected. that means that after you add a BT device, you have to turn BT off and on in order for the app to see that it's connected. after that, unlocking with BT should work just like unlocking with wifi does.

there's another new feature: when unlocked, you can tap on the unlocked notification, and it will immediately lock the device. this feature was suggested by a clever user a while ago. i forget who, but thanks to whoever it was.

mahercs

Sep 21, 2010
SF Bay Area
Ben,

I disabled UWW and went to run Unlocker. It force closed immediately and flashed the setup/welcome screen in the background. Oddly, I turned on wifi (not realizing it was off) and the app opened just fine. Is that required to open Unlocker? If so, maybe state that somewhere so you aren't blasted with negative comments. ;)

Attached is the log, as requested, in case it contains useful info.

http://db.tt/8sEs0EX4

Sent from my RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

Ben74

Oct 18, 2006
Ben,

I disabled UWW and went to run Unlocker. It force closed immediately and flashed the setup/welcome screen in the background. Oddly, I turned on wifi (not realizing it was off) and the app opened just fine. Is that required to open Unlocker? If so, maybe state that somewhere so you aren't blasted with negative comments. ;)

Attached is the log, as requested, in case it contains useful info.

http://db.tt/8sEs0EX4

Sent from my RAZR MAXX via Tapatalk 2

you'll have to completely uninstall UWW, not just disable it. that's strange that it crashed though. thanks for the log. i'll see if i can figure out why it crashed.

jeugreg

Apr 13, 2008
Unlock doesn't work : Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2

Hi,
this app doesn't work for me !
The unlock in ont possible.
I warn you that a use encryption of my external SD card with alphanumeric password on my Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.1.2.

What is the problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock With WiFi has been reborn as SkipLock!

Unlock With WiFi is now available on the Android Market! Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Get it on the Android Market

What does the app do?

Unlock with WiFi unlocks your device when you're connected to your home WiFi network. What does "unlock" mean? It means you don't have to enter your password/pattern/PIN when you turn on your phone. When you're at home, or work, you don't need to worry about losing your phone, so why should you have to enter your password?

How does it work?

When you get home (or to work, whatever), and connect to your WiFi network, your device will unlock. Then when you leave, and the WiFi disconnects, the device will lock again.

You have to enter your password the first time after you connect to your WiFi network. This is so that if someone steals or finds your phone, they can't just bring it to your house to unlock it. After you enter your password once while connected to your WiFi network, you won't have to enter it again until you leave/disconnect.

What else does it do?

You can also set a lock delay, for when you're not at home. The default delay is set to 5 seconds, so when you turn the screen off, the device won't lock until 5 seconds have passed. That way, if you remember something you forgot to do, you can turn it back on without entering your password.

There are also options to:
    • Turn off WiFi when you leave home
    • Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home
    • Turn off Bluetooth when you get home
    • Turn on Sync when you get home
    • Turn off Sync when you leave home

If you have any problems with the app, please post on this thread, or PM me. Also, the app has a built in feature for reporting bugs. It will send me the system log file via email. You need to install SendLog in order for this to work, but please do so because the log file is extremely helpful to me for troubleshooting.

Please read the FAQ before posting a question or reporting a problem.

I hope you like the app, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

Known limitations:

See the FAQ for known limitations.

Versions:

There are two versions: free and full. The free version only allows you to configure one wifi network as a home network, and the extra options are disabled. Note that the free version no longer shows ads! If you like it, please buy the full version. The full version allows an unlimited number of home networks, and all the options are enabled. You can get the full version on the Android Market.

Changelog

I will no longer be maintaining the changelog here. See my website for release notes.

Cheers,
    Ben
    Yeah, it's coming along. The new UI is pretty much done, and the original functionality is close to being done. I'm mostly writing unit tests now. Can't promise anything but hopefully I'll have a beta ready in about a week.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    ok, i have finally have a new version for you all! this is version 2.4, and it includes ICS compatibility, but not unlock with bluetooth yet. bluetooth still needs some testing, but it's coming soon.

if you're on ICS, you'll find that the setup wizard prompts you to enter your phone's password, in order to enable device admin mode, which is the only mode that works properly in ICS.

note that after you have setup UWW, and you have connected to a home wifi network, you can go into the security settings and choose whether you want to have to slide to unlock. you can ONLY choose this while connected to a home wifi and the phone is unlocked. if you want no slide, choose None under Screen Lock. however, using slide to unlock will prevent the volume buttons from turning the screen on (a known problem).

there were a lot of changes in ICS that i had to account for, so if you find bugs, please post them here. i'm sure there will be a few. i'll fix them as soon as possible. thanks.

you can get the new, fully featured, paid version for free from getjar:
    http://www.getjar.com/unlockwithwifi.

i'll release 2.4 on the android market once i feel most of the bugs are worked out.
    I’m proud to announce the release of Unlock With WiFi 2.0! This is a major update that adds some often requested features. The biggest new feature is Device Admin mode. DA mode uses a different method of unlocking the phone. Why use a different method? Well, here are some of DA mode’s advantages:

• Preserves the slide-to-unlock screen – If the power button gets pressed when it’s in your pocket, the slide-to-unlock screen prevents random screen presses from launching apps or calling someone.
    • Blocks the volume and other buttons from turning on the screen – With the original unlocking method, the volume buttons could turn on the screen, which could waste battery if you’re accidentally hitting them in your pocket.
    • Solves a problem some devices have with the screen turning itself on when lock delay is enabled – Hopefully more people will be able to use lock delay without problems.

DA mode does have one disadvantage: It only works if you use a password or PIN to unlock your phone. Pattern locks are not compatible with DA mode. This is a limitation of Android itself, not UWW. Sorry, there’s nothing I can do about this.

In addition to DA mode, version 2.0 includes these new features:

• Turn on Bluetooth when you leave home – Maybe you use a headset in the car, or you car has a bluetooth hands-free unit.
    • Turn off Bluetooth when you get home – Saves battery power
    • Turn off Auto Sync when you leave home – Saves battery and reduces your cellular data usage. This is especially useful if you’re on a limited data plan.
    • Turn on Auto Sync when you get home – Once you’re on WiFi, you don’t have to worry about data usage.

I hope you enjoy the new version. If you find a bug, please be patient and email me about it. I will fix it right away. Don’t go leaving negative comments just because of one little bug. If you work with me, it will be solved!

Edit: See the OP for the free version APK

This text is from my blog post:
    http://benhirashima.com/posts/unlock-with-wifi-2-0-is-out/
    this is PERFECT.
    thank you so much.
    i'll report any bugs in a sec.