Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Hello dear XDA-Community,

The idea of this thread was to serve as an un bricking thread eventually,

I am looking into a riffbox for jtag service, I am approaching xda to see if any users would be interested in helping me cover the cost of said riffbox
if you were to donate towards the cause in return you would receive free unbrick service and jtag service for all your devices as long as the riffbox supports the CPU architecture
If this is of no interested not a big deal i just thought i would give the community a chance to get involved rather than keeping all the cool toys at my house and not sharing
:D

This thread will be the hub for service requests. If you happen to need unbrick service, you will find this thread and us to help you.
I will post a log of all payments made from that money plus all Items received (e.g. the RIFF Box, the cables, Jigs, etc.)
I will also keep an online "work and ticket tracker" so that you can see live reports /pictures of the status of your repairs

now your like ok i didnt donate to help you buy this thingamabobber now i bricked my phone and i dont wanna pay some dude on ebay 60$ to fix it
cool find me post in the thread if your device is supported we can get it unbricked :D

Please remember i am one man and do have a child so im not planning to support 43000000x users but i dont think it would be bad to offer service to RC's RD's and senior members of xda for no cost of labor just get the unit here and ill jtag it up

1. RIFF Box - $155 + shipping

Updates / Facts / News:

Some things you might see around the thread

Hope this is gonna be very very educational for people too. Unbricking always is some sort of a mystery for many and if you send off your phone to some stranger on ebay, you usually don't get an idea about the "Hands On" and gettin' dirty bit of tearing down a phone and actually make it look nice and work properly again afterwards.

So, maybe we will even have some photos or videos and stuff and just give you an idea of how that all works...
Please ask your questions :)

and if your located in the USA and close to me for XDA active members I will always do what I can to help out as XDA has always helped me out

I am not trying to sell jtag service at all guys im saying if we can get me a riffbox ill give xda senior members RD's RC's RT's mods and members with over a 300 post count free jtag service

Donators for riffbox
Epicroot - 40$ (Not paid)
lykarsis - 15$ (Not paid)
jcwxguy - 30$ (Not paid)
Enzyne - 20$ (Not paid)

bigdaddy619 - 10$ (paid)
Muncy_cool - 10 (paid)
oO diddy Oo - 20 (paid)
Robbert542 - 40(paid)
Krazya - 30 (not paid)
ScrapSilicon - 10 (paid)
motoelliot - 10 (paid)
ewalk4866 - 20 (paid)
YoungCorruptionV2.0 - 10$ (paid)
xhunter187 - 15$ (paid)
jocarog - 10 (paid)

Total paid - 165
total unpaid - 20$
Remaining to be paid - 0 $
I MIGHT NEED TO ORDER A SET OF JIGS UNLESS I CAN FIND A PLACE THAT DOES A COMBO DEAL

If the pledged users make the donations ill order the riffbox today

Last edited:

jocarog

Mar 14, 2012
I'm in too Confirmation # 9GV89008P9465864D...
Wish I could donate a little bit more,,, I hope this helps a lot of people in the future, good luck Zarbos and thanks for your hard work and for sharing your knowledge with us simple users and flashaholics.

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Glad to hear it. May have you help me out when I get my One in case I brick that sucker. Planning on working on S-off (funny, I understand ASM better than java....) so when monetary limitations allow for me to get it, expect an eventual PM from me :x

Definitely willing to lend a hand in that case

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
Thank you for offering up these services to xda members. The riffbox reminds me of a question I asked awhile back that went unanswered as far as I know. Is there virtualization software for android? It would be great for hacking as well as unbricking. If I was an awesome software engineer I would definitely look into making it.

Forgive me if there is something like this already, or the riffbox does just what I'm saying. Just an idea, sorry to semi-derail your thread.

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Thank you for offering up these services to xda members. The riffbox reminds me of a question I asked awhile back that went unanswered as far as I know. Is there virtualization software for android? It would be great for hacking as well as unbricking. If I was an awesome software engineer I would definitely look into making it.

Forgive me if there is something like this already, or the riffbox does just what I'm saying. Just an idea, sorry to semi-derail your thread.

The sdks emulator is as close as you'll get and imo it's only good for app development

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

Reactions: ssojyeti2

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Its actually pretty good for testing a root exploit. I did it for 2 different exploits on the nook tablet.

Sent from my hidden jewel

Reactions: Zarboz

scope213

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles
Hi there,

I'm new to xda, I didn't realize the amount of android support that's out there. I just recently "bricked" my daughter's HTC Amaze. I was trying to install an updated CM9 and it keeps hanging in the splash screen. I tried different versions of the rom with no luck. Also, I use Team Win v2.1.0 for recovery and the phone is unlocked with S-ON. How do I acquire your services? Thank you! :good:

Zarboz

Known Scammer
Mar 5, 2009
Denver
Hi there,

I'm new to xda, I didn't realize the amount of android support that's out there. I just recently "bricked" my daughter's HTC Amaze. I was trying to install an updated CM9 and it keeps hanging in the splash screen. I tried different versions of the rom with no luck. Also, I use Team Win v2.1.0 for recovery and the phone is unlocked with S-ON. How do I acquire your services? Thank you! :good:

Sounds like you have a soft brick

Remove the battery hold vol down and replace battery while still holding vol down
Press the power button while still holding volume down
You should be in the boatloader
Use the volume rocker to highlight recovery and hit power to select it

Then reflash Rom following the procedure outlined in the Roms op
If that doesn't suffice then 're lock the device and run an RUU unlock and try to reflash the ROM

If you can't get bootloader then you might have an issue and we can discuss servicing the device but right now it sounds like something you can fix without having to dis assemble the phone

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

scope213

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles

Remove the battery hold vol down and replace battery while still holding vol down

If that doesn't suffice then 're lock the device and run an RUU unlock and try to reflash the ROM

If you can't get bootloader then you might have an issue and we can discuss servicing the device but right now it sounds like something you can fix without having to dis assemble the phone

Hi Zarboz,

I appreciate your prompt reply. I am able to get into the bootloader (HBOOT 1.93 S-ON) and from there go to recovery (Team Win 2.1.0) and I have tried full wipes and reinstalled all types and versions of the CM9 rom and even tried CM10 for good measure; also, ViperA 1.6.9 rom. It stays in the splash screen and I've tried to leave it alone for several hours with no luck. I've rebooted it and reinstalled so many times I've lost count; stuck in the splash screen. Browsing through the web I heard the problem may be the S-On/S-Off, etc. However, the procedures for it either seems that I need to be booted into phone or using some kind of "wire trick" method (that is beyond my technical skills, lol). The phone is unlocked via the HTCDEV. I hope it is a "soft brick" but I just don't know what to do at this point. Please help!

I appreciate your time and I look forward to your additional guidance. Thanks again! :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA Disclaimer

Folks, you all need to understand, that XDA has no liability when you send your device off to an unknown person. You have absolutely no idea what will happen to it.

This is not to say any individual involved in such practices, is untruthful,or truthful. Just that XDA has no legal recourse of actions when things go wrong.

You do this at your own risk. XDA would hope that users offering such service, are honest in nature and wish to help others. But there is no way of knowing this.

This thread is closed, pending review of XDA policies concerning such practices.

MD
    Hmmm..lol that makes sense. However, I have a rookie question. How do I install the update with only recovery and bootloader? Do I just install the "update" or new version of TWRP in the SD card and install it via the "old" TWRP? Sorry, lol. :silly:
    Check PM :D
    I'm in :D
    Confirmation number: 26W17387L45251241
    Hi there,

Jtag ordered

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium