36 Vote(s)
63.16%
is it eye candy?

19 Vote(s)
33.33%
do u feel any difference??

24 Vote(s)
42.11%
do want to continue this project for mor updates??

39 Vote(s)
68.42%

[ROM][KERNEL][REMIX PLUS+][v2.8][WIFI FIXED][PROJECT CLOSED]

731 posts
Thanks Meter: 755

By sohan rawat, Senior Member on 28th February 2013, 02:49 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
28th May 2013, 11:40 AM |#1281  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,891

More
For those with wifi problems can you follow this and report

start on 2.5 - if you have already flashed update use your nandroid backup or see alternative steps
flash hells fusion #50
open remix 2.8 update zip
delete android.policy.jar
rezip everything
flash zip

alternative way
flash the attachment below in cwm with system mounted
test wifi
if not working flash hells fusion #50

I have no problems detecting wifi or enabling wifi hotspot
Attached Files
File Type: zip AndroidPolicy.zip - [Click for QR Code] (459.0 KB, 29 views)
28th May 2013, 11:58 AM |#1282  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 9,835

Donate to Me
More
Found no evidence of kanging - obviously some things are the same (as they are needed for ROM to function - libs and other misc files, but they are same in virtually every ROM) - the actual apk and framework are very different...

Though I question the usefulness of putting default.prop in the ROM as its part of the ramdisk so the file in the boot.img will overwrite the modded one (maybe something for the team to think about for the next update - just extract ramdisk from boot.img, make the edits then recompile into a boot.img should fix this)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
28th May 2013, 12:34 PM |#1283  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny

Found no evidence of kanging - obviously some things are the same (as they are needed for ROM to function - libs and other misc files, but they are same in virtually every ROM) - the actual apk and framework are very different...

Though I question the usefulness of putting default.prop in the ROM as its part of the ramdisk so the file in the boot.img will overwrite the modded one (maybe something for the team to think about for the next update - just extract ramdisk from boot.img, make the edits then recompile into a boot.img should fix this)

thanx alot @Jonny for reveling the truth

Thanx to all Supporters of remix rom
28th May 2013, 12:58 PM |#1284  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Angry
sohan/san is it ok if i upload here your update without policy.jar??
from devhost
28th May 2013, 01:22 PM |#1285  
Flag Unavailable.
Thanks Meter: 1,617

More
Added the screenshots of redefined upcoming crystal blue theme.chk 1st post in theming thread.
28th May 2013, 01:30 PM |#1286  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Angry
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/sti 2.8 without android policy.jar
28th May 2013, 01:30 PM |#1287  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Post Announcement
Hello to all

Thanx for ur love and support for Remix rom i realy very thankfull to u all for this bt i m sorry i cant continue this project more bcoz i m selling my GY5360 and buying Sony xperia tipo . so from today no new Updates or versions for this rom sorry again to all..!!

bt u will find themes in our official theming thread

i learnd many things from this forum which wll help me in future still love to my GY if somebdy need my help plz pm me i will help and i m happy to help

To My Team..

Thank U all @san122 , @sanny5 @ryanjms07 @Fang Leone and thanx to @marcussmith2626 for ur help and contribution . its realy wonderfull to hve team like U . God bless U all and Keep in touch

Thanx & Regards

Sohan Rawat
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sohan rawat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sohan rawat Ad-Free
28th May 2013, 01:33 PM |#1288  
Flag Unavailable.
Thanks Meter: 1,617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohan rawat

Hello to all

Thanx for ur love and support for Remix rom i realy very thankfull to u all for this bt i m sorry i cant continue this project more bcoz i m selling my GY5360 and buying Sony xperia tipo . so from today no new Updates or versions for this rom sorry again to all..!!

bt u will find themes in our official theming thread

i learnd many things from this forum which wll help me in future still love to my GY if somebdy need my help plz pm me i will help and i m happy to help

To My Team..

Thank U all @san122 , @sanny5 @ryanjms07 @Fang Leone and thanx to @marcussmith2626 for ur help and contribution . its realy wonderfull to hve team like U . God bless U all and Keep in touch

Thanx & Regards

Sohan Rawat

Thnkx for ur support and good luck for ur future.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to san122 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift san122 Ad-Free
28th May 2013, 01:45 PM |#1290  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 197

More
We lost another dev
Sir good luck on your xperia tipo
Dont forget to visit here once a week
Ten-hut
28th May 2013, 01:54 PM |#1291  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,891

More
If anyone wants to make their s3 toggles more 3d like flash the following file in cwm with system mounted
note only the toggles will change not the UI layout as I'm using my own UI

http://devhost.xda-developers.com/w8I

I will do the full transparent UI with the toggles on my thread later but remix people get it first
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheFixItMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheFixItMan Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread