650 posts
Thanks Meter: 517

By GabrialDestruir, Senior Member on 12th November 2011, 08:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2013, 01:29 AM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello
I have a problem with rooting, it's almost the same as described below (last post):
http://androidforums.com/simple-touc...no-guides.html
Difference is that my NST freezes at the "Your NOOK is starting up..." screen.
What to do now? What am I doing wrong?
Need help please.

28th May 2013, 05:05 PM |#412  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kold11

Hello
I have a problem with rooting, it's almost the same as described below (last post):
http://androidforums.com/simple-touc...no-guides.html
Difference is that my NST freezes at the "Your NOOK is starting up..." screen.
What to do now? What am I doing wrong?
Need help please.

I too had this problem when first rooted my Nook... Restore to stock and try the root again.

http://nookdevs.com/Nook_Simple_Touch_restore_to_stock
29th May 2013, 07:33 PM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Kuskro
I followed your instructions and the results have been great. Many thanks. The only thing I can't find is how to manually change norefresh settings. Where do I find them?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
30th May 2013, 11:04 AM |#414  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_f

I too had this problem when first rooted my Nook... Restore to stock and try the root again.

I've left this instructions for those who need help to downgrade from a 1.2.x to a 1.1.2 their NST and install TouchNooter 2.1.31. Also, I've included some good tweaks to optimize your NST.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

Kuskro
I followed your instructions and the results have been great. Many thanks. The only thing I can't find is how to manually change norefresh settings. Where do I find them?

Inside application drawer you find two shotcuts, choose the one named "NoRefresh Settings".

BTW Maxthon Browser v.2.7.3.1000 flies on this rom (NoRefresh does not work with it but we can use the maxthon zoom and scrolling tools instead). Find it enclosed.

Best.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maxthon v2.7.3.1000.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.60 MB, 27 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
30th May 2013, 12:24 PM |#415  

More
Thanks again. I can't find norefresh settings in app drawer ( just toggle). Do I need to install separately?

31st May 2013, 11:41 AM |#416  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apap

Thanks again. I can't find norefresh settings in app drawer ( just toggle). Do I need to install separately?

Reinstall the app: NoRefresh.apk

Or, modify the settings manually on /data/data/com.eink.norefresh/shared_prefs/com.eink.norefresh_preferences.xml
The Following User Says Thank You to kuskro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuskro Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 04:05 PM |#417  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro

Reinstall the app: NoRefresh.apk

Or, modify the settings manually on /data/data/com.eink.norefresh/shared_prefs/com.eink.norefresh_preferences.xml

Reinstall did the trick! Many thanks!
15th June 2013, 05:55 PM |#418  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_f

I too have this problem, tried it from stock str8 out of the box no good just stays at your nook us starting up! also followed ther downgrade which went perfect and tried again but same thing, in fact after I booted with the sd card and the nooter files the screen never seems to flash black full stop HOW LONG IS THIS SUPPOSED TO TAKE? But any help greatly appreciated
22nd June 2013, 11:42 AM |#419  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Just got my Nook, went through the whole process of dowgrading to 1.1 and installed NookTouch.
However when i load up market i get this error

a server has occured. please retry or cancel and return to the previous screen.

help!
22nd June 2013, 12:25 PM |#420  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Boyo

Just got my Nook, went through the whole process of dowgrading to 1.1 and installed NookTouch.
However when i load up market i get this error

a server has occured. please retry or cancel and return to the previous screen.

help!

Uninstall the updates for the Google Play Market, then, quickly, install a random free app from the downgraded version.
22nd June 2013, 01:58 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbutt

Uninstall the updates for the Google Play Market, then, quickly, install a random free app from the downgraded version.

how do i uninstall the updates from the google play market?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)