[Guide] Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root

Search This thread

PRINCELEMEN

May 24, 2013
Hi can i use this method to may Huawei Y300-0151 model? This model were released here in the Philippines. and also can i unlock my mobile carrier so that i can use any mobile simcard

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

0xmilan

Jan 7, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
now i'm just need to burn a normal recovery.
i cant use adb tools command because it isn't find my device connected.

The bootloader stays locked if you use this way, so I guess you can't flash a custom rercovery, but I'm not sure, I didn't try it yet.
If you installed the adb_drivers, then your PC should recognise it with "adb devices".

Last edited:

eran.langa

Jan 12, 2013
finally i have root my ****ing phone :laugh:
i have spend nearly 12 hour.
now i'm just need to burn a normal recovery.
i cant use adb tools command because it isn't find my device connected.

hooooiiiiii
i am so idiot:eek: all the times i pressed vol up&down and never get in to fastboot. becuase of that it was not work for me.:D

now i see my phone is unlocked. and i burn the twrp recovery.
but i have now new issue. the touch doesn't work in the recovery in twrp-2.5.0.0-u8833 and the 2.5.0.1.

PRINCELEMEN

May 24, 2013
Hi. I wan't to know if flashing a y300 general rom will make my device open for different network carrier? Because I have a y300-0151 version, and its lock to a single network carrier. Also could i still flash a rom without unlocking the bootloader? Thanks in advance :)

0xmilan

Jan 7, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Need camera app from Y300-0000!!

Hey!
So the camera in version Y300-0100 keeps messing with the fucusing, even if you set it manually.
I've heard that the Chinese versions (Y300-0000) have a better focus control in their camera app.

If you have a rooted Y300-0000, then please copy this file: /system/app/Gallery2.apk and send it to me or upload it to this thread.
I'm not sure if the Gallery containes the Camera too, but I didn't find a separate Camera.apk, so I guess it's merged with gallery into one file.

I know I could you a 3rd party app, but I rather use the stock one, also I'm curious if the two models really have different cameras.

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
Force Upgrade

Hey guys!

I need your help! I tried flashing a Y300-000 firmware to my Y300-0100 through OEMINFO Hack Tool and reverted back to my official firmware when suddenly my phone can't read my SIM Card anymore! I tried flashing the Y300-000 firmware again through Power + Up + Down Volume but it only gave me a pink/purple screen. Now I can't Force Upgrade. I also tried upgrading through System Update but still no luck...

Please help! :(

OmenHTX

Mar 13, 2012
POLAND
Hey guys!

I need your help! I tried flashing a Y300-000 firmware to my Y300-0100 through OEMINFO Hack Tool and reverted back to my official firmware when suddenly my phone can't read my SIM Card anymore! I tried flashing the Y300-000 firmware again through Power + Up + Down Volume but it only gave me a pink/purple screen. Now I can't Force Upgrade. I also tried upgrading through System Update but still no luck...

Please help! :(

You must "restore" IMEI, no IMEI = Simlock and purple "fastboot" mode.

First you must run any rom (im sure trwp buckup will work), then root it , and restore IMEI. Then Again make IMEI buckup > Hack IMEI > Flash Rom > root > restore IMEI

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
You must "restore" IMEI, no IMEI = Simlock and purple "fastboot" mode.

First you must run any rom (im sure trwp buckup will work), then root it , and restore IMEI. Then Again make IMEI buckup > Hack IMEI > Flash Rom > root > restore IMEI
What ROM am I going to flash after making an IMEI backup? Any or the official one?

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
Guys!

I have a bigger problem! I forgot to unlock my bootloader (because I relocked it) then flashed a TWRP recovery. Now I did an IMEI hack and now I can't access the TWRP recovery. And since I have a locked bootloader, I can't flash the stock recovery to return to my official firmware. And I tried to unlock the bootloader but the IMEI has changed and says Recovery Image Verify Failed...

Please help!! :crying:

Last edited:

OmenHTX

Mar 13, 2012
POLAND
Guys!

I have a bigger problem! I forgot to unlock my bootloader (because I relocked it) then flashed a TWRP recovery. Now I did an IMEI hack and now I can't access the TWRP recovery. And since I have a locked bootloader, I can't flash the stock recovery to return to my official firmware. And I tried to unlock the bootloader but the IMEI has changed and says Recovery Image Verify Failed...

Please help!! :crying:

Hold Vol down + power button > go to fastboot mode > flash TRWP > Flash this rom > Restore IMEI

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
Hold Vol down + power button > go to fastboot mode > flash TRWP > Flash this rom > Restore IMEI

I have already flashed the TWRP recovery when I discovered that the bootloader was locked. And that's when I can't acces the TWRP recovery and flash any recoveries/backups. And if I will unlock the bootloader, it won't accept the unlock code because of my changed IMEI. Is there an unlock code for the IMEI Hack Tool?

OmenHTX

Mar 13, 2012
POLAND
I have already flashed the TWRP recovery when I discovered that the bootloader was locked. And that's when I can't acces the TWRP recovery and flash any recoveries/backups. And if I will unlock the bootloader, it won't accept the unlock code because of my changed IMEI. Is there an unlock code for the IMEI Hack Tool?

So you have locked bootloader with trwp ? impossible! So fastboot doesnt work ? pink right ? Last hope, copy dload folder with stock rom B175 to sd card, turn off phone > next hold vol + and vol - and push power (force flash)

pink fastboot = no rom

Last edited:

elmkzgirxp

May 16, 2013
So you have locked bootloader with trwp ? impossible! So fastboot doesnt work ? pink right ? Last hope, copy dload folder with stock rom B175 to sd card, turn off phone > next hold vol + and vol - and push power (force flash)

pink fastboot = no rom

No, fast boot works. But Force Upgrade doesn't. I tried reformatting my SD Card and unticked the Quick Format and it worked! But when I forced upgrade, it only shows a pink bar, no text. And I think I'm stuck at unpacking.

PRINCELEMEN

May 24, 2013
Dagli Lysteyo

Hi! I just wan't to asked if theres a rom to our device that supports different network carrier? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend Y300 Unlock & Root [How To / Tutorial]

This great little Android 4.1 smartphone has been released to the German market a week ago. At a price tag of merely 150,00 Euro, it's a steal.

But no fun without root, right ?

Now, Huawei locks and secures the bootloader, which makes flashing a custom recovery impossible without messing with the bootloader code itself.

Luckily, i found out that you can request a bootloader unlock-token on the Chinese Huawei website. After unlocking with
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock XXX16-digits-codeXXX
    we can flash a china-made (aka chinese-language only) ClockworkMod v6.1, that has been compiled for the Y300. After installing SuperSU from CMW, you GOT ROOT.

I have written an extensive dummy-style tutorial on my tumblr blog. Unfortunately, the forum wont let me post outside links. Please go to this URL:

huawei-y300.tumblr.com

Have fun! :D
    You can't install a stock rom, because your IMEI did'nt allow it. The Y300 are saled under two different versions. The one from telefonica and the other for the open market. Open market phones can install the b176cz and the official b175 from huawei. The telefonica devices can only install the official update from huawei, but you got no triggers in the notificationbar. (But theres a fix for telefonica devices made by me, see attachment)
    The solution ist the OEM Info Hack Tool, wich craete a backup of your IMEI, write a custom IMEI, let you flash a rom (b176) and after that it restore your backuped IMEI. Now you are on b176 with telefonica devices. The readme is inside the package.

Btw, other backups and roms could be found here. But remember, it's for Huawei Y300-0100 (U8833-1)
    I'm going to buy this phone for my mother, it's good?
    Good signal? for US$ 130 is kinda'right?

For you it would be around 190$ in comparison to 150€. 1€ equals 1,31$ at the moment.

The signal is way better than my SGS+ I used before I got my Y300. And I can recommend it to everyone who is not searching for something too expensive. It runs at an average speed and the OS is nearly up-to-date with 4.1.1. The only thing which is disturbing for me is the EmotionUI 1.0 which Huawei uses. But besides that it's perfect for that price! :victory:
    still have one crazy idea what i havent tried...
    maybe shankars method can work for you.

only on your own risk!
    i would first put back the twrp and wipe out everything, i mean everything from the phone
    then reboot into bootloader mode and flash back the original recovery, which can be extracted from
    the new firmware build.
    relock the bootloader now and try the UPDATE.APP in the dload folder, booted up with both volume buttons pressed.

maybe it could work, but i can render your phone to a brick like mine, because if the update not going to finish you also not going to have other choice than sending back to service (takes around 4-6 weeks!)

i find backup of huawei y300!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1k3jyfhih9g2pg/Ug920rf4GO
    after restore the backup my phone was repaired:)
    It will not turn on anymore. Even after factory reset. It says "Turning Wi-Fi on..." but nothing happens.

Here's what you have to do:

1. Your bootloader must be unlocked, if it is locked, this won't help you.
    2. Download the B176 stock recovery from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvnwg21k9ib6don/Recovery Stock [B176].rar

3. Download Android SDK:

developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

4. Go to fastboot. Hold power + up and down volumes for 10 seconds.
    5. Connect your phone to your pc.
    5.a extract the stock recovery rar and copy the recovery-new.img to the address of the next step.
    6. Go to the folder adt-bundle-windows-x86\sdk\platform-tools then hold ctrl + shift then right click on an empty space and click open command window here.
    7. Type "fastboot flash recovery recovery-new.img"
    8. Turn off your phone and turn it on again.

Then you will be redirected to the stock recovery and do some wipes and boot you into your phone. Good luck!

Sent from my B1-A71 using Tapatalk HD