FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Flashing KDZ Files

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 49

By expressions104, Member on 15th February 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
(THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR FLASHING KDZ FILES, I WON’T PROVIDE ANY KDZ FILES HERE, BEFORE YOU FLASH ANY KDZ FILES MAKE SURE IT IS INTEDED FOR YOUR DEVICE, FLASHING THE WRONG KDZ FILE WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE, USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU’RE DEVICE GETS BRICK)

(Update) sorry guys, dont have time to update the tutorial. You can used abuulala's method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53776835
Or this method http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44983841

This tool is tested and working using XP, 7, and 8.
Use this tool if you experience errors on other KDZ Flasher

Tools:
LG Updater
Flashtool
LG Driver
Windows Enabler
MSXML Parser
(All the files above is in the archive)
Click here for link

Steps to do before flashing:
1. Backup your data, I am not responsible if you lose your important data.
2. Makes sure your device have 50% remaining battery or more. Full charge is recommended as putting your phone into “Download Mode” doesn’t charge the device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing the KDZ:
1. Unzip the files in your preffered location.
2. Install B2CAppSetUp,wait for the installation to finish then quit the application after the installation.
3. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser
4. Open the properties of the UpTestEX.exe and Windows Enabler.exe then enable compatibility mode and admin rights (Right click> Properties> Compatibility tab> Check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP3”> also check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator.” Don’t forget to hit “OK.” (Don't forget to do Windows Enabler.exe too.

5. Double click Windows Enabler, it will go on your taskbar, left-click to enable. If it is enabled, it should look like this:

6. Open UpTestEX
7. Select “3GQCT” and “CS_EMERGENCY

8. Locate your .KDZ file.
9. Now put your phone in “Download Mode” (To do this: Turn your phone off completely, press and hold Vol Up button together with power button, don’t release until you see “Download Mode” on-screen.
10. Connect phone to the computer and wait for the drivers to install.
11. If you’re ready, click the “Normal web upgrade test.” Note: Don’t click the “Start Upgrade” option.
12. A popup window will show, just click “Upgrade Start.”

13. Choose “Different Country” and “(Your preffered language, mine is ENGLISH)” After you click OK, LG Updater will now open.

14. The update will now start.

15. Your phone will reboot after some time, don’t unplug the cable yet, the upgrade is not yet done.
16. When the upgrade is finished, just close the updater. Your phone is now Upgraded/Downgraded or Unbricked!

-----------------------------------------------------
If you encounter bootloop after the process:
Turn the phone off completely, press and hold Vol Down and Power Button at the same time, don't release until you see "Factory Reset," Press Power button twice to confirm.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to expressions104 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift expressions104 Ad-Free

20th April 2013, 10:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by expressions104

(THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR FLASHING KDZ FILES, I WON’T PROVIDE ANY KDZ FILES HERE, BEFORE YOU FLASH ANY KDZ FILES MAKE SURE IT IS INTEDED FOR YOUR DEVICE, FLASHING THE WRONG KDZ FILE WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE, USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU’RE DEVICE GETS BRICK)

This tool is tested and working using XP, 7, and 8.
Use this tool if you experience errors on other KDZ Flasher

Tools:
LG Updater
Flashtool
LG Driver
Windows Enabler
MSXML Parser
(I created an archive with all the tools required for flashing)
link for tools

Steps to do before flashing:
1. Backup your data, I am not responsible if you lose your important data.
2. Makes sure your device have 50% remaining battery or more. Full charge is recommended as putting your phone into “Download Mode” doesn’t charge the device.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashing the KDZ:
1. Unzip the files in your preffered location.
2. Install B2CAppSetUp, quit the application after the installation.
3. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (Skip if you already installed this)
4. Open the properties of the UpTestEX.exe and Windows Enabler.exe to enable compatibility mode and admin rights (Right click> Properties> Compatibility tab> Check the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP3”> also check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator.” Don’t forget to hit “OK.”

5. Double click Windows Enabler, it will go on your taskbar, left-click to enable. If it is enabled, it should look like this:

6. Open UpTestEX
7. Select “3GQCT” and “CS_EMERGENCY

8. Locate your .KDZ file.
9. Now putyou phone in “Download Mode” (To do this: Turn your phone off completely, press and hold Vol Up button together with power button, don’t release until you see “Download Mode” on-screen.
10. Connect phone to the computer and wait for the drivers to install.
11. If you’re ready, click the “Normal web upgrade test.” Note: Don’t click the “Start Upgrade” option.
12. A popup window will show, just click “Upgrade Start.” After you click it the LG Updater will open.

13. Choose “Different Country” and “(Your preffered language, mine is ENGLISH)”

14. The update will now start.

15. Your phone will reboot after some time, don’t unplug the cable yet, the upgrade is not yet done.
16. When the upgrade is finished, just close the updater. Your phone is now Upgraded/Upgraded or Unbricked!

-----------------------------------------------------
If you encounter bootloop after the process:
Turn the phone off completely, press and hold Vol Down and Power Button at the same time, don't release until you see "Factory Reset," Press Power button twice to confirm.

This is the error I get after clicking on upgrade start button. Pls help on what I can do. I used windows 7 pro 32 bit system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error screen.jpg
Views:	3345
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1898573  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trojan ledge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trojan ledge Ad-Free
22nd April 2013, 12:08 AM |#3  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Im getting that error too!!!

Somebody help!!!
22nd April 2013, 04:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge

This is the error I get after clicking on upgrade start button. Pls help on what I can do. I used windows 7 pro 32 bit system.

You are using an installer from another guide make sure you download the software at the link in the first post.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda app-developers app
22nd April 2013, 11:55 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetnes

You are using an installer from another guide make sure you download the software at the link in the first post.

It's the tool from this post. If I'm not getting this error, it'll be "Windows Explorer not working" error, there by crashing the tool itself. May be I try another system.
23rd April 2013, 04:22 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan ledge

It's the tool from this post. If I'm not getting this error, it'll be "Windows Explorer not working" error, there by crashing the tool itself. May be I try another system.

Make sure the LG updater is running and all drivers installed and try again.

26th April 2013, 09:38 PM |#7  

More
Now this is the error i am getting. I'm not progressing in this stuff. Pls help, this is my first android and i'm new to flashing and stuffs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1367013492
6th May 2013, 04:50 PM |#8  
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 90

More
I was getting that same error too!
But then I tried the whole procedure again on Windows 7 32BIT, and it worked!!!
So try on a 32bit OS.

Hope that helped.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Try this method. Its really easy. This is how I got it done. (BTW, not my guide).

http://wiredsoup.blogspot.com/2013/0...d-working.html

31st May 2013, 01:21 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried it with win8pro and xpPro(both x86) and got the same behaviour at every try:
After the update starts it took some havy load on CPU and HDD transfer for a few seconds while a cab file appears in the working directory. After that the CPU/HDD load reduces to 0 and the cab file disappears again. About half a minute later the "application not responding" error pops out.

I'm pretty frustrated right now. Can anyony help?
Thor368
31st May 2013, 07:42 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Bulacan
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Make sure you followed step 4. Its very important. Set the uptestex and windowsenabler properties to "windows xp compatibility" and "run as administrator". Install lg drivers and msxml parser. I think reboot would be nice.

I didnt get any errors trying this guide on windows xp home, 7, and windows 8 pro (all 32bit). Try disabling your antivirus for a while.
31st May 2013, 05:24 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by expressions104

Make sure you followed step 4. Its very important. Set the uptestex and windowsenabler properties to "windows xp compatibility" and "run as administrator". Install lg drivers and msxml parser. I think reboot would be nice.

I didnt get any errors trying this guide on windows xp home, 7, and windows 8 pro (all 32bit). Try disabling your antivirus for a while.

Also works with 64 bit

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)