FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.2.2][YP-G70][OTA]Remics-JB Fire Eel Mk 2 (v5.0.2) [24.06.13]

796 posts
Thanks Meter: 619

Post Reply Email Thread
31st May 2013, 02:43 AM |#21  
Works perfectly for me. How were you going about changing it?

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

31st May 2013, 04:07 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Wow. Really glad to see you guys get this. My friend is using it and its as smooth as my S3!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Verizon Galaxy SIII - Bonestock 1.5
31st May 2013, 06:52 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixxxmasterMac

Changing the DPI prevents the device from booting. I get stuck before the bootscreen.

What did you set it to? I've managed to set the DPI as low as 120 and it boots fine. Anything below 120 caused a bootloop on ICS, so I assume the minimum DPI the device supports is 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by FweaKiid305

I Can Confirm Zip For Back Camera Recording Fix Works But Camera Is Not Themed

The camera recording fix will be built into the next version so the camera remains themed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Supermaster34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Supermaster34 Ad-Free
31st May 2013, 06:55 PM |#24  
Flag Everett, WA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaster34

What did you set it to? I've managed to set the DPI as low as 120 and it boots fine. Anything below 120 caused a bootloop on ICS, so I assume the minimum DPI the device supports is 120.

I set it to 200 once, then 128. Had to reflash both times. I did discover that the issue was that I was using an app to switch it. I did it manually, and I'm fine now.
31st May 2013, 08:51 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
FAQ
Before posting about any issues you have, please read this FAQ as it might save you some time. I'll be adding to this as I go once more common issues are discovered

FAQ

1. I have an INTL device and the home, menu and back buttons do not work anymore
A: Flash an INTL kernel.

2. I can't find developer options
A: Settings > about device > tap Build Number 7 times. Press back. Scroll to bottom. Voila; developer options

3. ADB doesn't work
A: Turn on USB debugging from developer options. Update ADB using SDK manager (or however you prefer do it). Connect to computer. Accept whitelist request. Bingo

4. Trying to get a logcat but "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"
A: Logging is probably disabled in the kernel. Flash a different kernel

5. I want to try out the phablet and tablet UI's. How do I do that? How can I go back to the phone UI?
A: When the dpi > 128, phone UI is used. When 106 < dpi < 129, phablet UI is used. When dpi = 106, Tablet UI is used. Phablet UI and Tablet UI are not fully themed yet and the S4 launcher doesn't respond well do changes in dpi so you're forced to use Trebuchet. As you'd imagine, setting the dpi so low makes everything really small so its not the most comfortable UI to use, but some apps make better use of the large screen in lower dpi settings

6. Where can I find wipe /system, /dbdata in CWM?
A: Go to mounts and storage

7. I get an assert failed error. HALP!
A: If you're still on GB, flash in ICS rom. Also try updating your CWM recovery to v6.x by installing a new kernel like Sultan

8. USB debugging and mounting USB storage doesn't work
A: Disable fastcharge

9. How can I swap my external and internal sd cards around?
A: Using a file manager (with root access) go to /system/build.prop and modify
Code:
persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0
to
Code:
persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
Save the file and reboot

10. How can I stop OTA updater and Play store force closing after updating the rom?
A:Settings > Apps > OTA Updater/Play Store > Clear Data

11. I like this rom but I have a 4.0. What can I do?
A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2320198. The 4.0 rom is currently on 4.1.2, but it should be updated to 4.2.2 soon

12. I flashed this rom and now zombies are after me
A: Don't panic. Flash this. It turns your device into a sonar which will allow you to see any moving objects near you so you can make a quick escape
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Supermaster34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Supermaster34 Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 08:29 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FweaKiid305

I Can Confirm Zip For Back Camera Recording Fix Works But Camera Is Not Themed

Recording meaning take a picture or video?

1st June 2013, 02:32 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbxd2010

Recording meaning take a picture or video?

Video

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Supermaster34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Supermaster34 Ad-Free
1st June 2013, 06:17 PM |#28  
Duns, Borders
Thanks Meter: 19

More
This ROM is silky smooth. Really really like it, looks great too.
1st June 2013, 06:36 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but my 3 part earphones don't work, only 4 part ones work

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium
1st June 2013, 07:24 PM |#31  
Recognized Developer
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 30,418

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaster34

What did you set it to? I've managed to set the DPI as low as 120 and it boots fine. Anything below 120 caused a bootloop on ICS, so I assume the minimum DPI the device supports is 120

The camera recording fix will be built into the next version so the camera remains themed.

I got a theory on the camera but I don't know much about ROMs so I don't think I can fix it. I believe the reason why the rear camera won't take any pictures is because all the rear camera resolutions available are for the Galaxy S' camera, which makes sense because CM10.1 was ported from the Galaxy S. The resolutions for the rear camera now go up to 5MP and the Galaxy Player 5 has a 3.2MP camera, so it makes sense that the rear camera can't take any photos. If the proper camera resolutions were defined in the ROM then I think the rear camera will work. I would try doing this myself but I have no idea where to find the file to modify (maybe media profiles?)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
remics-jb, team remics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)