[BETA][RECOVERY][TF101] TWRP 2.6.0.0 with on-screen keyboard! [SUPERCEEDED]

Search This thread

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Sorry to keep you waiting. As promised: Here's my custom build of TWRP 2.6.0.0 for the TF101.

I repeat: This is a custom build. This is not an official release from Team Win.

This thread has been superceeded by another thread by sidneyk.

For that thead, go here!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.5, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:
1.png
2.png

Tablet look:
3.png

4.png

DOWNLOAD:
An unofficial BETA 2.5.0.0 can be downloaded here:
http://nexfiles.kjonigsen.net/tf101/twrp/

Files available:
- blob file for flashing via terminal
- SOS partition file for flashing with wheelie+nvflash
- ZIP for flashing with existing recovery

Until this build gets approved by Team Win and made official, you can NOT get or install this via Goomanager. Sorry.

Until then, you can install using a terminal as outlined for the official 2.3.2.3 release.

KNOWN ISSUES:
No aroma support?

BUGS:
This build is based on VidivBoarder's code for TWRP 2.3.2.3. If you encounter any bugs which you did not have in that version in this beta, do let me know.

Also: If you have found a bug, please acquire a recovery.log - you can do this in two ways - the fastest is "adb pull /tmp/recovery.log" right after you have the issue. Alternatively in the advanced menu there's an option to copy the log to the sdcard. Also consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
This release is not yet officially supported by Team Win, but if you still want to chat with them on IRC, you can visit #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

THANKS TO:
A few thanks for this specific build:

• VividBoarder for preparing the base with the TWRP 2.3.2.3 release. And saving me the work of working out all the TF101 kinks myself. (although I was halfway there by the time I saw that repo had incorrectly checked out the regular CM9 branch and not the TWRP branch)
  • Roach2010 and RaymanFX for the work already invested in TWRP 2.3.2.3
  • And... Dees_Troy for nagging me into completing this :)

Last edited:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Updated exFAT to latest commits
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Update SuperSU binary
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Various other bug fixes and tweaks
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]
Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.[/FONT]

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache[/FONT]
  • Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed handling of subpartitions[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Improvements to recovery.fstab flags[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations[/FONT]
What's new in 2.4.4.0:

• Added another libtar hardlink workaround to fix restore of some backups (usually related to Ubuntu Touch)
  • More fixes for the file selector
  • Switched from using busybox md5sum to a direct C function call
  • Fixed capturing the exit status of tar based backups/restore - TWRP will display that there was an error if there was one again
  • Update exFAT to latest commits
  • Added a build flag to disable using the ioctl for screen blanking
What's new in 2.4.3.0:

• Fixed 2 bugs related to restore, one dealing with mknod failures (by bigbiff) and one dealing with restoring hardlinks (by Dees_Troy)
    NOTE: If your backups weren't restoring correctly in earlier 2.4.x versions they should restore correctly now. Hopefully you didn't delete those backups. If you're still having problems, run the restore, go to advanced and copy log, then give us the log. Complaints without logs will be rightfully ignored.
  • Added a scroll bar to file selectors and listboxes courtesy of Tassadar
  • Added libblkid for more accurate detection of file systems and can now detect exFAT properly thanks to bigbiff
  • Added a screen dim effect 2 seconds before screen off on some devices
  • Finally fixed file selector crash (one of the joys of working with multi-threaded software)
  • Fixed loading of screen timeout setting during startup
  • Improvements and bugfixes to screen timeout code
  • Fixed persistence of the 24 hour / military time setting
What's new in 2.4.2.0:

• Add screen timeout - screen will turn off automatically after 60 seconds, saves battery and prevents screen burn-in especially on AMOLED devices
  • Add a brightness setting (requires device specific setup and only some devices have been added)
  • Add a root checker and offer to install SuperSU if the device isn't already rooted
  • Add a write buffer to libtar backups, significant improvements to speeds when backing up to exFAT target, minor improvements for other file systems
  • Check and offer to fix root permissions if broken
  • Add an option for a 24 hour clock display instead of AM/PM (aka military time)
  • Move stock recovery reflash check to occur during the reboot cycle
  • Add support for some MTK6xxx devices
  • Change libtar to vfork to help prevent memory problems
  • Add a "clicked" effect to most buttons, file selector, and listbox
  • Improve timezone listbox to be more like file selector (per pixel kinetic scrolling, etc)
  • Remove some no longer used settings (Forced MD5 sum on zips, size checking on image backups)
  • Other minor bugfixes and improvements
What's new in 2.4.1.0:

• Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
  • Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
  • Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
  • Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)
What's new in 2.4.0.0:

• Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
  • Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
  • Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
  • Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
  • Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
  • Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
  • Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
  • Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
  • Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1

Last edited:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
BUILD INSTRUCTIONS:

Better build instructions might be added later. For now, this should be sufficient :)

Base: Build against a CM9 ICS base. Building against JB4.1/CM10 or JB4.2/CM10.1 wont work.
Device-tree: https://github.com/josteink/twrp_device_asus_tf101
Kernel: https://github.com/josteink/twrp_kernel_asus_tf101

Patch $ROOT/build/core/config. Replace

Code:
MINIGZIP := $(HOST_OUT_EXECUTABLES)/minigzip$(HOST_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX)

with

Code:
#MINIGZIP := $(HOST_OUT_EXECUTABLES)/minigzip$(HOST_EXECUTABLE_SUFFIX)
MINIGZIP := /usr/bin/lzma

Attempt a "brunch tf101" to ensure your build-setup is fine. Then proceed to make the recovery image:

Code:
make clean && make -j8 recoveryimage

This will take a few minutes on good hardware, but no need to go walking the dog. It's nowhere as slow as a full android-build.

Last edited:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Thread changelog:

• 2013-06-03: Initial posting.
  • 2013-06-04: Prettyfied posts, added changelog, clarifications and preliminary build-instructions.

Feedback & requests:
So far I've had the following requests/feedback:

• MicroSD is labeled "SDC". This is ugly.
  • Being able to mount USB devices would be nice.
  • Aroma installers doesn't work. Can you make it work?

I may look into them, depending on if I feel like it and if I have time or not. This is all open-source though. Patches & pull requests are welcome.

Last edited:

DatDude123

Aug 15, 2011
VA
Thanks for this. Being that the tf101 and sl101 are so similar.....do you think this would work on the sl101?

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Thanks for this. Being that the tf101 and sl101 are so similar.....do you think this would work on the sl101?

Honestly I have no idea. You'll have to test and see. If that is even safe?

I don't even know if nvflash works with the sl101 :)

From what I've heard the keyboard support may be sketchy though. It might work. It might not :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: DatDude123

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Just to be clear: I've tested the following things, and as far as I can tell, it all works as it should:

• Flash ROM-files and ZIPs from both internal and microSD card
  • Flash from both internal and microSD at the same time
  • Wiping cache/dalvik
  • Backup partitions (tested all but /data)
  • Restore partitions (tested all but /data)
  • Using keyboard dock (has to be connected when booting to recovery)
  • Soft keyboard
  • Using terminal
  • Using adb while in recovery

If you find something you think I've missed, I really want to know. If you find anything which worked in 2.3.2.3 but doesn't work in this build, I want to know.

If everything works just fine, do let me know as well.

Dees_Troy from Team Win has more than hinted that if this build works well, it can be made into an official release. So feedback is very much welcome at this stage.

harwood0808

Sep 3, 2010
portland
zip not working

Also: Added flashable ZIP for people who want to flash this from their existing recovery.

It's untested, so if you want to use it, make sure you know how to revert back to a working recovery in case things go wrong ;)

just wanted u to know. it could be me but not going thru. it says it installs and to cmplete reboot to finish. after it finishes loading i go back to recovery and still on 2.3. whatever. thx for ur work any ways.. been using ur rom for a while now. really appreciate everything. looking forward trying again

Reactions: josteink

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
just wanted u to know. it could be me but not going thru. it says it installs and to cmplete reboot to finish. after it finishes loading i go back to recovery and still on 2.3. whatever. thx for ur work any ways.. been using ur rom for a while now. really appreciate everything. looking forward trying again

You need to reboot normally, as in reboot back to the ROM. After the ROM has booted, the new recovery has been installed from /staging. Then you should be able to reboot into a new 2.5.0.0 recovery.

To verify that this is happening, you should see a blue progress bar under the Asus logo when you boot into the ROM. If no such bar is there, something is indeed not working.

That said: I havent tested it myself yet, so there might be bugs in my updater-script.

Last edited:

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
Hi. Do y ou if working with tf101 g model b70+ ? Does it work with Aroma ?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925

I see no reason it shouldnt work with TF101G models, but it has "TF101" written in its build.prop, so it might not be able to install TF101G roms.

No idea about Aroma, but I guess it might work. Someone feel free to test and report back.

harwood0808

Sep 3, 2010
portland
You need to reboot normally, as in reboot back to the ROM. After the ROM has booted, the new recovery has been installed from /staging. Then you should be able to reboot into a new 2.5.0.0 recovery.

To verify that this is happening, you should see a blue progress bar under the Asus logo when you boot into the ROM. If no such bar is there, something is indeed not working.

That said: I havent tested it myself yet, so there might be bugs in my updater-script.

yeah. i did that didnt see progress bar and have tried from cwm recovery and tw 2.3 as well

Reactions: josteink

Chinaboy5216

Aug 27, 2008
Foshan, China
Zip version not working also. Using twrp 2221

How to flash the blob version? Could someone drop a note on the procedure?
Installed 2221 version through goo so no idea on how to do this.

Thx guys

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to keep you waiting. As promised: Here's my custom build of TWRP 2.6.0.0 for the TF101.

I repeat: This is a custom build. This is not an official release from Team Win.

This thread has been superceeded by another thread by sidneyk.

For that thead, go here!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.5, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:
    1.png
    2.png

Tablet look:
    3.png

4.png

DOWNLOAD:
    An unofficial BETA 2.5.0.0 can be downloaded here:
    http://nexfiles.kjonigsen.net/tf101/twrp/

Files available:
    - blob file for flashing via terminal
    - SOS partition file for flashing with wheelie+nvflash
    - ZIP for flashing with existing recovery

Until this build gets approved by Team Win and made official, you can NOT get or install this via Goomanager. Sorry.

Until then, you can install using a terminal as outlined for the official 2.3.2.3 release.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    No aroma support?

BUGS:
    This build is based on VidivBoarder's code for TWRP 2.3.2.3. If you encounter any bugs which you did not have in that version in this beta, do let me know.

Also: If you have found a bug, please acquire a recovery.log - you can do this in two ways - the fastest is "adb pull /tmp/recovery.log" right after you have the issue. Alternatively in the advanced menu there's an option to copy the log to the sdcard. Also consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    This release is not yet officially supported by Team Win, but if you still want to chat with them on IRC, you can visit #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

THANKS TO:
    A few thanks for this specific build:

• VividBoarder for preparing the base with the TWRP 2.3.2.3 release. And saving me the work of working out all the TF101 kinks myself. (although I was halfway there by the time I saw that repo had incorrectly checked out the regular CM9 branch and not the TWRP branch)
    • Roach2010 and RaymanFX for the work already invested in TWRP 2.3.2.3
    • And... Dees_Troy for nagging me into completing this :)
    I guess you can tell from my sig now: Finally got the Nexus 7.

I'll be leaving and wont be maintaining this TWRP anymore.That said: if anybody wants to give it a try, feel free to PM and I can attempt to assist as much as I can.

Thanks for the good run. Cheers!
    What's new in 2.6.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, some of the changes in 2.6.0.0 will likely not be visible with your custom theme.

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Updated exFAT to latest commits
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Update SuperSU binary
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed saving of backup partitions list
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Various other bug fixes and tweaks
      [/FONT]
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]
    Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.[/FONT]

What's new in 2.5.0.0:

Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, the changes in 2.5.0.0 will likely not be compatible with your theme.

• [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache[/FONT]
    • Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed handling of subpartitions[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Improvements to recovery.fstab flags[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode, arial]Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations[/FONT]
    What's new in 2.4.4.0:

• Added another libtar hardlink workaround to fix restore of some backups (usually related to Ubuntu Touch)
    • More fixes for the file selector
    • Switched from using busybox md5sum to a direct C function call
    • Fixed capturing the exit status of tar based backups/restore - TWRP will display that there was an error if there was one again
    • Update exFAT to latest commits
    • Added a build flag to disable using the ioctl for screen blanking
    What's new in 2.4.3.0:

• Fixed 2 bugs related to restore, one dealing with mknod failures (by bigbiff) and one dealing with restoring hardlinks (by Dees_Troy)
      NOTE: If your backups weren't restoring correctly in earlier 2.4.x versions they should restore correctly now. Hopefully you didn't delete those backups. If you're still having problems, run the restore, go to advanced and copy log, then give us the log. Complaints without logs will be rightfully ignored.
    • Added a scroll bar to file selectors and listboxes courtesy of Tassadar
    • Added libblkid for more accurate detection of file systems and can now detect exFAT properly thanks to bigbiff
    • Added a screen dim effect 2 seconds before screen off on some devices
    • Finally fixed file selector crash (one of the joys of working with multi-threaded software)
    • Fixed loading of screen timeout setting during startup
    • Improvements and bugfixes to screen timeout code
    • Fixed persistence of the 24 hour / military time setting
    What's new in 2.4.2.0:

• Add screen timeout - screen will turn off automatically after 60 seconds, saves battery and prevents screen burn-in especially on AMOLED devices
    • Add a brightness setting (requires device specific setup and only some devices have been added)
    • Add a root checker and offer to install SuperSU if the device isn't already rooted
    • Add a write buffer to libtar backups, significant improvements to speeds when backing up to exFAT target, minor improvements for other file systems
    • Check and offer to fix root permissions if broken
    • Add an option for a 24 hour clock display instead of AM/PM (aka military time)
    • Move stock recovery reflash check to occur during the reboot cycle
    • Add support for some MTK6xxx devices
    • Change libtar to vfork to help prevent memory problems
    • Add a "clicked" effect to most buttons, file selector, and listbox
    • Improve timezone listbox to be more like file selector (per pixel kinetic scrolling, etc)
    • Remove some no longer used settings (Forced MD5 sum on zips, size checking on image backups)
    What's new in 2.4.1.0:

• Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
    • Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
    • Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
    • Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)
    What's new in 2.4.0.0:

• Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
    • Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
    • Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
    • Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
    • Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
    • Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
    • Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
    • Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
    • Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
    Flashed the zip.
    Rebooted to ROM EOS4 117 kk 103.
    reboot to recovery and indeed I have 2.5.0.0
    reboot to ROM - it boots but in notification I get triangle with 'overclocking not applied'

I went to EOS Control Center and indeed my overclock on boot to 1400 was all set back to 1000
    I reset it and reboot, NG

cannot overclock until I restore my backup before installing TWRP 2.5.0.0
    so I'm back to 2.3.2.3 and overclocked 1400 with nightly 117 & kk103

Shouldn't be linked to the recovery.

The criteria for not applying the overclock is based onto the time between the reboots. (4 mins minimum)
    So if you reboot/flash too close from each other, it'll not apply the overclocking.
    Wait a few minutes (It's using thtt for the test which checks that the last reboot was done more than 240 seconds ago), and reboot and it'll be applied again.
    It's there to make sure you don't brick your tablet in case you overclock to a value too high and that it constantly crashes.
    If it crashes right after one other crash, the overclock is reset that way and you can boot.
    Is anyone still visiting or working in the 2.3.2.3 build thread?

Original creator of that build and thread no longer has a TF101, so he's a goner.

This is the "new thread" I guess. I'll consider adding a 2.6.0.0 build when I get back from my vacation.