FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[JMLToday, JMLLibrary 09/08/04]Wishlist for next versions

2,222 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By MichelDiamond, Retired Recognized Developer on 29th July 2009, 09:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to @all (also to people who wants to learn MortScript)

we want to enlarge the library of MortScripts for the JMLLibrary and JMLToday, which gives the Skins of JMLToday much more possibilities.

For JMLToday: That's not a job for a mortscript - but which wishes are better direct in JMLToday - and which are better in JMLLibrary - we will see.

Fo JMLLibrary: I hope there are some people who can help - I give it a try.But I can't do it alone - and I think everybody has other wishes, which his personal Skin should provide to him. The last 4 days it was almost 800 times downloaded here and in France,Germany - and the feedback was great! And also the new wishes. Some of them will come with the next versions, some will be soluted by the JMLLibrary with MortScripts - so that every skinner has a bundle of nice toys for his skin.

In this Thread I want to collect the wishes - and the MortScript-Solutions.

At first (if you still don't have it ) you need JMLToday - WM6.5-Titanium-Plugin: *View and Download JMLToday*

And then you need the Library and an example how it works.
The Skins and some needful descriptions you can find by using the link in my signature and also the description of the Standard-JMLToday-Settings in Registry (Post #3 in JMLToday-Download-Thread)

To make a Script easy - you only need this example - and for the Library we only need Post#1 and #2 - and there's also the default JMLLibrary as .cab-Download in #2:

Example for developing an easy mortscript for JMLLibrary & Download

And now only the collection of some wishes, I've read so far, which could be made (but too much for one person alone) . Of course every developer will all-times mentioned in the library

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's the wishlist & Hall of Fame :

1. Change Titanium-Background by weather
Name: WeatherBeackgroundChanger
Description: Should Change the Titanium-Wallpaper according to the current weather.
Development-Post/Thread: *here*
In JMLLibrary added since Version: 0.1

+++++++++++++

2. Add new Weather-Values for a second Town
Name: SecondWeatherTown
Description: Should read the weather for another town again and sets new Registry-Strings in Page1 and Page2, that the Skinners can access it.
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy-middle)
Development-Post/Thread: -
In JMLLibrary or JMLToday added since Version: -

+++++++++++++

3. isNight?
Name: isNight
Description: Should only have a look at the current time, and if it's between 8 pm and 6am - it should set a registry-Key in JMLToday on "1", otherwise on "0" So the skinner can make differences with his JMLSpecial in Enlightment or Clock-/Icon-/Whatever-Color between Day and Night.
Development-Post/Thread: *here*
In JMLLibrary added since Version: 0.2

+++++++++++++

4. Get more Information in weatherforecast
Name: getMoreWeatherInfo
Description: The Feed which is used for weather doesn't provide too much information, but some people wants to know something about morning,noon,afternoon,evening. In msn-weather there is - by using the same weather-code - a longer Feed, where this informations can be found.
Therefore the "jmlmeteo" must be taken and renamed to getMoreWeatherInfo - and read the multilanguage-feed. Perhaps some new Lang.Ini-Entries are necessary-perhaps not. Then this additional informations should be set in new registry-entries in Page2 of JMLToday
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: middle-hard)

+++++++++++++

5. Set Main Stock Value
Name: setMainStockValue
Description: Therefore you need the installation of JMLStocks, too ( *here in xda-devs* ) There's a registry-Key for the top-most-stock, which a User choose (in CondensedPage of JMLStocks - the Values: PluginLabel,Pou,Vaj)
These 3 Values should be written in one String and added to a new registry-key in JMLToday.Page1 - so that the user could see the current Value.
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy-for beginners good start)

+++++++++++++

6. Update JMLStocks
Name: updateJMLStocks
Description: Therefore you need the installation of JMLStocks, too ( *here in xda-devs* ) Sometimes it's boring to update everything - why not by one click, if you update your weather? Only should look for the current installation and start the update.
If a Skinner uses this - on each update of the weather - the stock vlues will be also updated (in combination with "isNight" only over the day )
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: very easy-for beginners good start)

+++++++++++++

7. Update TitaniumWeather
Name: updateTitaniumWeather
Description: Therefore you need the installation of TitaniumWeather. Sometimes it's boring to update everything - why not by one click, if you update your weather? Only should look for the current installation and start the update.
If a Skinner uses this - on each update of the weather - TitaniumWeather should be updated as the same time (in combination with "isNight" only over the day )
Status: in work by aaronpoweruser (Complexity factor: very easy-for beginners good start)

+++++++++++++

8. Update QuickGPS
Name: updateQuickGPS
Description: Therefore QuickGPS must be installed. And QuickGPS needs update - but in Titanium you forget it - and then your device needs long time to find the satellites - why not by one click, if you update your weather? Only should look for the current installation and start the update.
If a Skinner uses this - on each update of the weather - perhaps it should be an additional registrykey, that QucikGPS will only Run once a day - otherwise, no call
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy-for beginners good start)

+++++++++++++

9. isBatteryCritical20
Name: isBatteryCritical20
Description: Should have a look if the Load of Battery is lower than 20% - then set an Registry-Key in JMLToday on 1 - otherwise 0.
Looks senseless, ey? Isn't it - the skinner could stop execution of JMLSpecial because of this - and doesn't allow further updates, which cause Battery Drain. And especially if we have an automatic update-feature with 5.3...
Development-Post/Thread: *click*
In JMLLibrary or JMLToday added since Version: JMLLibrary0.3

+++++++++++++

10. isBatteryVeryCritical10SwitchOff
Name: isBatteryVeryCritical10switchoff
Description: Should have a look if the Load of Battery is lower than 10% - then set an Registry-Key in JMLToday on 1 - otherwise 0. And: Switch off WLAN!
Looks also senseless, ey? Isn't it - the skinner could stop execution of JMLSpecial because of this and WLAN is turned off - and doesn't allow further updates, which cause Battery Drain. And especially if we have an automatic update-feature with 5.3...

+++++++++++++

11. setSportsScore
Name: setSportsScore (Parameter: Internet-RSS-Feed-URL)
Description: It's a bit crazy and I have no idea which RSS-Feed could be take - perhaps we need some more Names. It should only read the feed of a sports-event and read the current result during a game (Superbowl, FinalGame in Soccer, whatever? )
Then it should set one text-Registry key with the Names of the oppenents and the current stand - and also 4 Image-Registry-Keys HomeStand1,HomeStand2 and VisitorStand1,VistorStand2 - where is the result as c1.png.. (using the graphics of digital clock )
The skinner can perhaps switch during a game the clock as result table or whatever he has ideas.
I think it's not hard to develop, but it's hard to find good feeds and a concept, when what should be transfered

+++++++++++++

Further ideas welcome!

But especially welcome: Developers for the stuff Makes fun - please support your skin

30th July 2009, 11:50 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Ok - one new little thing - with screenshot to explain:

12. Next Alarm within the next 24 hours?
Name: nextAlarmWithin24hours
Description: If you use some Alarm-Programs - the next alarm is always setted as enabled - and so the Icon "AlarmPng" makes no difference (look at ScreenShot - red arrow points to AlarmPng). So this Script should only count, if the next Alarm is within the next 24 hours. If yes - set a new registry key in JMLToday to 1 otherwise 0. So the skinner can use another (e.g. with more opacity) Image to make a difference
In JMLLibrary added since Version: -

+++++++++++

13. Auto-Update more than 1 time a day for5.3
Name: autoupdateschedule
Description: The Skript should only change the next update time during an update according an registry key or another text-file. So you can have updates as often you like.
Or Scheduler direct in JMLToday - e.g. like UNIX crontab
Status: perhaps in already JMLToday 5.4 (Complexity factor: quite easy)

14. supply Panel with Informations of RAM and so on
Name: SupplySystemPanel
Description: Compare: *click* - the Script should only write the informations to Registry. Perhaps on Page3 or on Page2, too. In Combination with a Skin/JMLSpecial, there could be provide additional Graphics.
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy or middle - how you like)

15. Master Date Format for all Languages - configuration direct in Registry
Name: MasterDateFormat
Description: Compare: *click* - there should be in Registry a "MasterDateFormat" - available for Page1 and 2. Which is to set in Registry how it looks (standard Windows API) - so every Skin can independent of Country be assure, that it has the correct size.
Development-Post/Thread: *click*
In JMLToday added since Version: Will come with 5.4

16. Slideshow in Page1
Name: Slideshow
Description: Compare: *click* - only define a new registry-key - which points to a directory with graphics - another Registry key - which makes the update-intervall - controlled by JMLToday (Refresh-Rate? Perhaps extension for JMLToday and the rest in Library?)
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy - middle - how you like)

17. Check a Skin for it's resolution
Name: checkSkinsResolution
Description: Before installing a skin, it should be checked, which Resolutions are possible, otherwise it won't be installaed. Perhaps above this: Only show this skins, which have the correct resolutions. (Little hint to .plg Resizer included - each Skin CAN EASY work with each Resolution - depenends on the skinner, if he has used this needful tool before sharing)
In JMLToday added since Version: -

18. Get Appointments
Name: getAppointments
Description: Should get the Appointments of the next 7 days from Calendar into Registry-Keys. Perhaps no to do with MortScript (Win-API?)
Registry-Keys are free - mustn't be in JMLToday - perhaps "/HKCU/Software/JMLLibrary/Appointments"
Date Time Subject in one key and in 3 different keys.
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: middle)

19. Small Apps for some purposes
Name: <different names>
Description: Apps to make an interface to notifications and buttons - to toggle special calls
Status: in work by MichelDiamond (Complexity factor: middle)

20. Possibility to change volume by JMLToday
Name: VolumeControl (VolumeControlMute, VolumeControlNormal, VolumeControlLoud)
Description: See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=1152216
I think 3 scripts, which all change the Volume according to their name, would do the job.
Will be called by Buttons, if the Skinner adds them to his skin.
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: quite easy)

21a. Add new Key for Birthday Reminder
Name: showNextBirthday
Description: JMLToday already has a special File for Birthday - and would show it in "Saint". But if somebody doesn't use "Saint" in Skin - then he wouldn't see it - and so a new Key would be good, to show it. And should be configurable perhaps like one week before"
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: quite easy)

21b. Add Configuration Surface for Birthday Reminder
Name: configureBirthday
Description: JMLToday already has a special File for Birthday -but instead of editing the text file, it would be better a user could call a surface to add/delete/edit the Birthdays (showing by 21a) - Developing Language indifferent - but nothing which needs .net
Can be also made in VB, C++ or even Mortscript
Status: Searching for Developer (Complexity factor: easy-middle)

Further Wishes:
*different wishes from Jumba - not to forget!*

Please! We need for this mostly really easy MortScripts some people, who can help! Would be really nice

2nd August 2009, 11:41 AM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelDiamond

3. isNight?
Name: isNight
Description: Should only have a look at the current time, and if it's between 8 pm and 6am - it should set a registry-Key in JMLToday on "1", otherwise on "0" So the skinner can make differences with his JMLSpecial in Enlightment or Clock-/Icon-/Whatever-Color between Day and Night.
In JMLLibrary added since Version: -

Boah, this was hard - I know now, why nobody could make it ... ok - I did it on my own:

Code:
# Made by MichelDiamond, 02.08.09
# Version 1.0
# Description:
# Set RegistryPath "HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday","isNight" between 8:00pm and 6:00am (5:59am) on 1 otherwise 0
# e.g.to make a "day clock" & "night clock"

############################## start code

# Read in 24h-Format to make it easier to check

curHour = FormatTime( "H" )*1
if ((curHour > 19) OR (curHour < 6))
	RegWriteString ("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday","isNight",1)
else
	RegWriteString ("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday","isNight",0)
endif

exit
Will test it and could be added then to next JMLLibrary
4th August 2009, 06:40 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
<for later use> Perhaps: Notes for wishes in future JMLToday / JMLLibrary - Versions
4th August 2009, 06:47 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
My wish for a next version is, a third panel like the system panel from Twolf.
4th August 2009, 10:06 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
What's the content of the system panel?
5th August 2009, 09:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
You see the free ressources from system or the free space of memory and so on. You know what I mean. The second picture.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=523015
6th August 2009, 10:11 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
added wish 13 and 14

edit of edit : 15, 16 and 17, too
13th August 2009, 09:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I would like to help out writing some scripts & themes for JMLToday but am having problems finding a list of system variables etc or a concise description of how JMLToday works.

I understand MortScripts do the work but what variables can be refered to in skins? (where is the counter for unread VoiceMail for example)

How does the plugin know when to update its display?
13th August 2009, 10:19 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Hi - and thanx in advance

On Post #2 and #3 of JMLToday-Thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=540413) you will find the information how it is organized.

In http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...90&postcount=6 you will see that the Registry entries correspond with the displayed items. (CHome-Editor)

And in the example for JMLLibrary ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=541434 ) you will see, how this can be modified.

But: You mustn't know that all at first to help - you can tell me, which mortscripts you would like to develop - and then I will gie you the informations, you need to know, to get it. With the time you will understand the system more and more - and that's not very complicated, how Titanium / JMLToday/JMLSpecial/JMLLibrary works.

Only tell me, which "wish(es)" of the list (or you have another "wish" ) would be interesting for you - then we get in contact by Private Message or Messenger - and you will see,that it's easy. OK?

One recommendation: Have a look with CHome Editor to JMLToday (Manual Edit Item Values) - you will see all Registry Keys,which are available - and beause of their values, you will see, what they are doing.
For all things: I will help you.

Thank you very much for the offer!

Micha

EDIT: I've oerseen a question:A change in Registry of Page1 and Page2 will be recognized by Titanium in short time (Titanium is Windows-Driven - internal notifiations) - and to force it - there's a key "updated" in each Plugin. So: This direction (display update) is full-automatic made by Windows
The other direction... to catch notifications (SMS,...) - that's be done by JMLToday-Internal (a lightweight C++-Exe)
14th August 2009, 08:50 AM |#11  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 709

Donate to Me
More
Here are my suggestions for JMLToday/JMLLibrary

1. Support for animated .pngs (for the weather etc.)
2. Some sort of option to rotate the screen then refresh titanium 3 seconds later. This will be very helpful for those who always have to refresh it manually because of screen corruption (i.e. Omnia).
3. A third/fourth panel. I'm sure this already planned.
4. A script that will let users easily switch between different clocks/weather icons/system/battery icons via a menu - i.e. without having to reinstall the cabs.
5. The ability to Update JMLToday without updating the weather.
6. Install to Storage Card
7. I'm sure I'll think of a few more...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jmllibrary, jmlpanex, jmltoday, skins, titanium

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)