[Q] Restoring to Stock ROM on GT- P3100

Search This thread

sandy0594

May 21, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi All,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100,recently I rooted it and flashed Ubuntu,it was successful but I was unhappy with what Ubuntu offers me right now.

Now,I want to switch back to the backup which I created when I was on stock.

Will this work

Factory reset --> Wipe Dalvik Cache --> Wipe Everything --> Restore to Stock ROM (Backup)

Everywhere I see here,they mention downloading the stock rom and then installing it with odin. Is it needed?Can't we just restore to a backup with wiping everything?

Please advise!!

Thanks in advance!!

qazmed

Feb 26, 2013
Hi All,

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100,recently I rooted it and flashed Ubuntu,it was successful but I was unhappy with what Ubuntu offers me right now.

Now,I want to switch back to the backup which I created when I was on stock.

Will this work

Factory reset --> Wipe Dalvik Cache --> Wipe Everything --> Restore to Stock ROM (Backup)

Everywhere I see here,they mention downloading the stock rom and then installing it with odin. Is it needed?Can't we just restore to a backup with wiping everything?

Please advise!!

Thanks in advance!!
ofcourse will work and I add after u do what u mentioned if doesnt boot format system but it usually works without formatting system

sandy0594

May 21, 2012
Hyderabad
ofcourse will work and I add after u do what u mentioned if doesnt boot format system but it usually works without formatting system

Cool,Thanks for the reply.Today I couldn't wait for too long and I installed it through Odin.Next time When I install a custom ROM I would restore with a previous backup rather than downloading a ROM and installing it with Odin.

:)

Siddharth121

Mar 10, 2013
dont say thanks just press

what does "format system" do?
will i have to re flash the rom again after doing format system?
actually my device internal memory canot be deleted! after a factory reset it is showing 10gb/12 gb. only 2 gb is free.
someone suggested me doing a system format.
plz help!:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cool,Thanks for the reply.Today I couldn't wait for too long and I installed it through Odin.Next time When I install a custom ROM I would restore with a previous backup rather than downloading a ROM and installing it with Odin.

:)
    dont say thanks just press