[S-OFF] revone - DEVELOPER EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW EDITION

Search This thread

ieftm

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 17, 2008
What is "EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW"?

We want to give you S-OFF as soon as practically possible so an early access preview release is not a polished product but it does work (mostly). It will:-

* require knowledge of common android tools like adb and/or fastboot
* be a command line tool
* be rough around the edges
* probably crash sometimes
* fail to work everytime or in all cases or on different carrier ROMs - LET US KNOW if you get repeated failure on carrier variants.
* certainly not look pretty.
* despite being "early access" be very unlikely to brick your device (but naturally, this is possible, it's still a hack).
* give you a very good chance of getting S-OFF. Today. Right now.

Status

This version of revone has been successfully tested on Droid DNA 2.04 / 2.06 and Butterfly J 1.29.

Download

* Get the Android SDK for ADB. You may need to update to the latest version of the SDK for jellybean devices.

* Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone.dna

Instructions

Use any operating system you like, you only need adb.

1. Download revone (above) and push it to your device: adb push revone.dna /data/local/tmp/
2. Open an adb shell and:
* cd /data/local/tmp
* chmod 755 revone
3. (optional) If your device is unlocked and rooted please switch to root using su.
4. Prepare to gain S-OFF by running the command: ./revone.dna -P
4a. If revone reports success reboot the device and proceed to step 5)
4b. If revone reboots the device (we'll pretend this isn't an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2.
4c. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2.
5. Now that revone has successfully prepared your device for S-OFF please open another adb shell (as per step 2) and change to
the /data/local/tmp directory.
6. Instruct revone to grant you S-OFF and unlock status by running the command: ./revone.dna -s 0 -u
6a. Other optional command arguments:-
* -u - Unlock the device
* -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
* -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
* -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.
7. Presuming revone reported success please reboot the device again, this time to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
8. You should now observe your device is S-OFF (and the lock status changed if you invoked that option).
9. (optional) Re-run revone to remove TAMPERED from your HBOOT screen: ./revone.dna -t

Credits

revone is brought to you by the Revolutionary dev team.

We've been silent, we're back.

Disclaimer

Revolutionary dev team disclaims all responsibility for your use of revone (and any of our tools): If the world ends, it's not our fault. If your device spontaneously ignites, well, that's not our fault either. You make the choice to use our tool, we don't force it upon you.

Support

Please visit #revolutionary on the Freenode IRC network. We will try to support you in the best way possible, but remember, this is early access, and operators might be asleep or not available at the time you join. Just hang around and wait for someone to answer.

Last edited:

kmdm

Jun 1, 2011
UPDATED revone binary (v0.2.1)

* Safety update: No longer allows -s 3 since this can lead to bricks with custom HBOOTs, use: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 (which is safer - and checks such things)
* Fix: delusions of grandeur - revone now no longer reports success when it fails.
* Outside chance some previous failures will now be successful but most likely they will just correctly report failure.
* Remove the random reboot feature.
* Vastly reduce the error -6 probability.

Please note that due to the safety update ALL previous versions have been replaced with v0.2.1 and are hence no longer supported.

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SUPPORT FOR A VERSION LESS THAN v0.2.1

Download: revone.dna-0.2.1

Use as per OP instructions renaming or name substituting as appropriate.

Reverting to S-ON (updated)

* ./revone -l
* fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Stuck with error: -1?

When initiating a reboot after "./revone -P" please press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

To start the entire process from scratch please power off the device and wait 30 seconds, turn it on and continue to ."/revone -P".

Redistribution/Bundling revone

Permission is not given to redistribute and/or bundle revone into "one click" utilities (or similar). Please only obtain revone directly from us, this allows us to ensure the most up to date version is available in case of any critical issues.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I'm just going to wait for a video tutorial before I attempt this. Don't want a brick. Thanks

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

fnoji111

Feb 4, 2008
Miyagi Prefecture,Sendai City,JP
thx~!! revteam!!!

HTC J butterfly 1.29.970.1 S-OFF succsess!!

BML5YnjCMAA488H.jpg

Reactions: bluheart

itsmikeyj

Feb 25, 2007
Springville
www.inevat.com
Great work! I am running into the following.

shell@android:/ $ cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ chmod 755 revone
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ ./revone -P
Gaining root access (thanks to Dan's motochopper)...[-] Failed to map memory.
[-] Failed to map memory.
Success.
revone failed (error code = 2

As I proceed from here, everything shows success, but I am not unlocked. I am running a Droid DNA with
Software Number: 2.06.605.1.710RD
HBOOT-1.33.0001

Let me know if you want anything from my phone.

awaitforitb

Dec 10, 2011
Works great. Thank you. You have increased the value of DNA to me.

Last edited:

itsmikeyj

Feb 25, 2007
Springville
www.inevat.com
Great work! I am running into the following.

shell@android:/ $ cd /data/local/tmp
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ chmod 755 revone
shell@android:/data/local/tmp $ ./revone -P
Gaining root access (thanks to Dan's motochopper)...[-] Failed to map memory.
Success.
revone failed (error code = 2

As I proceed from here, everything shows success, but I am not unlocked. I am running a Droid DNA with
Software Number: 2.06.605.1.710RD
HBOOT-1.33.0001

Let me know if you want anything from my phone.

Looks like removing the existing script and waiting 2 minutes then repeating worked just fine. Thanks guys!

coachcrey

Mar 19, 2011
I'm already s-off but whoooohooooo boy hell yeah good stuff guys very good to see a new method in case I have to replace my phone lol!!!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

wormyMNT

Jul 11, 2010
Awesome work.. after s-off. What's needed for root?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Stickboy46

Aug 31, 2007
Didn't work for me. I didn't get any errors, everything says success but I'm still S-On at the end ....

kmdm

Jun 1, 2011
The Device auto rebooted

That is not a "success" state for "-P". Sadly. (It is very much an error/hard-crash though.)

Can you try

adb reboot
wait approx 2-3mins (2 mins seemed best for me once the adb wait-for-device returned)
then do ./revone -P ?

auto-reboot = bad.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is "EARLY ACCESS PREVIEW"?

We want to give you S-OFF as soon as practically possible so an early access preview release is not a polished product but it does work (mostly). It will:-

* require knowledge of common android tools like adb and/or fastboot
    * be a command line tool
    * be rough around the edges
    * probably crash sometimes
    * fail to work everytime or in all cases or on different carrier ROMs - LET US KNOW if you get repeated failure on carrier variants.
    * certainly not look pretty.
    * despite being "early access" be very unlikely to brick your device (but naturally, this is possible, it's still a hack).
    * give you a very good chance of getting S-OFF. Today. Right now.

Status

This version of revone has been successfully tested on Droid DNA 2.04 / 2.06 and Butterfly J 1.29.

Download

* Get the Android SDK for ADB. You may need to update to the latest version of the SDK for jellybean devices.

* Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone.dna

Instructions

Use any operating system you like, you only need adb.

1. Download revone (above) and push it to your device: adb push revone.dna /data/local/tmp/
    2. Open an adb shell and:
    * cd /data/local/tmp
    * chmod 755 revone
    3. (optional) If your device is unlocked and rooted please switch to root using su.
    4. Prepare to gain S-OFF by running the command: ./revone.dna -P
    4a. If revone reports success reboot the device and proceed to step 5)
    4b. If revone reboots the device (we'll pretend this isn't an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2.
    4c. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2.
    5. Now that revone has successfully prepared your device for S-OFF please open another adb shell (as per step 2) and change to
    the /data/local/tmp directory.
    6. Instruct revone to grant you S-OFF and unlock status by running the command: ./revone.dna -s 0 -u
    6a. Other optional command arguments:-
    * -u - Unlock the device
    * -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
    * -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
    * -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.
    7. Presuming revone reported success please reboot the device again, this time to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
    8. You should now observe your device is S-OFF (and the lock status changed if you invoked that option).
    9. (optional) Re-run revone to remove TAMPERED from your HBOOT screen: ./revone.dna -t

Credits

revone is brought to you by the Revolutionary dev team.

We've been silent, we're back.

Disclaimer

Revolutionary dev team disclaims all responsibility for your use of revone (and any of our tools): If the world ends, it's not our fault. If your device spontaneously ignites, well, that's not our fault either. You make the choice to use our tool, we don't force it upon you.

Support

Please visit #revolutionary on the Freenode IRC network. We will try to support you in the best way possible, but remember, this is early access, and operators might be asleep or not available at the time you join. Just hang around and wait for someone to answer.
    So what would be the proper steps to have a success??

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using xda premium

Proper step is use moonshine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    UPDATED revone binary (v0.2.1)

* Safety update: No longer allows -s 3 since this can lead to bricks with custom HBOOTs, use: fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 (which is safer - and checks such things)
    * Fix: delusions of grandeur - revone now no longer reports success when it fails.
    * Outside chance some previous failures will now be successful but most likely they will just correctly report failure.
    * Remove the random reboot feature.
    * Vastly reduce the error -6 probability.

Please note that due to the safety update ALL previous versions have been replaced with v0.2.1 and are hence no longer supported.

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE SUPPORT FOR A VERSION LESS THAN v0.2.1

Download: revone.dna-0.2.1

Use as per OP instructions renaming or name substituting as appropriate.

Reverting to S-ON (updated)

* ./revone -l
    * fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Stuck with error: -1?

When initiating a reboot after "./revone -P" please press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.

To start the entire process from scratch please power off the device and wait 30 seconds, turn it on and continue to ."/revone -P".

Redistribution/Bundling revone

Permission is not given to redistribute and/or bundle revone into "one click" utilities (or similar). Please only obtain revone directly from us, this allows us to ensure the most up to date version is available in case of any critical issues.

Many thanks for your understanding.
    :laugh:

I spit up my beer when I read that.

I went and got a beer just to spit it up reading that.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon
    Well i think i figured out how to make sure this works on 2.04 (at least what i did)

After attempting to do this several times with no success i went over to the moonshine thread took the 2.06 (i had 2.04 on) fw and flashed it. Make sure you don't have a security screen lock on the phone.

then did exactly what the op instructed (i renamed my revone.dna to revone to make it easier to type)

adb push revone /data/local/tmp
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    chmod 755 revone
    ./revone -P
    (phone auto-reboots) wait for it to turn on and swipe the ring up to unlock it
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp
    chmod 755 revone
    ./revone -s 0 -u
    ./revone -t
    exit
    adb reboot bootloader

and voila... hopefully this helps someone out there.
    PS: i did this on three DNA's purchased from VZW online store at the same time. worked the same on all of them on first try...