1,780 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,759

Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2013, 04:22 AM |#641  
Santa Ana
Thanks Meter: 55

More
HWA?
Does this rom have HWA? That would be pretty sweet.

16th February 2013, 06:53 AM |#642  
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Re: [ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~
Yes
18th February 2013, 02:24 AM |#643  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena

Donate to Me
More
As it may be obvious I haven't touched the EVO in some time, I'm getting into developing apps right now and I haven't touched source in a bit. I haven't forgot about you, so don't forget about Strike, I haven't updated it to 4.2+ and I may not. I can't imagine holding the title of a fast ROM running on a phone that just simply cannot power up to what 4.2+ delivers.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to savoca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift savoca Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 12:39 PM |#644  
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Re: [ROM][8/11/2012] Strike! - AOSP Speed FTW ~
Back on this again.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361795926756.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1759554   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361795941452.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1759556  
25th February 2013, 08:51 PM |#645  
Flag Everett
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheeejd

Did you guys see that article about seeder doing absolutely nothing to your phone. Just an FYI, placebo effect is a powerful thing, but I was using it with every install until ropodope told me it was nothing. But it doesn't hurt anything, yet.......

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

So.. Someone creates a mod that fixes a flaw in android devices. The method is then used in many different roms/mods/etc.. All of the sudden some guy with a keyboard writes an article claiming "This is obviously placebo effect!"

This sounds familiar *Cough* Cough*

Anyways, I believe that seeder improves performance, as I have benchmarked all over the place with and without it's effects, only to find that seeder greatly improves every benchmark score. Coincidence? I think not.

But don't take my word for it, follow these steps to prove it for yourself:

-Flash this rom.
-Benchmark
-Install Seeder
-Benchmark
-Laugh at everybody.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mephistonian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mephistonian Ad-Free
25th February 2013, 11:32 PM |#646  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Nice from works well thanks
20th March 2013, 02:56 PM |#647  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by css911

To be honest, I didn't believe you when you said this ROM is fast. I would consider this ROM to be the fastest of all ICS. Thanks bud. New daily driver.

This is no doubt a good looking rom ! but as far as speed goes, my experince is that it is very lagging running everything stock and after downloading the quadrant app and running ...the score ends up being 983 no matter what I do .. I have already cleared cache and Dalvick cache, really didn't make any difference. when clicking any icon there is hesitation before it starts up sometimes more than 3 or 4 seconds This is actualy one of the slower roms that I have flashed on this evo....but it is a slick looking rom.
20th March 2013, 04:18 PM |#648  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
I have run this and no problems on my end . Once in awhile a little lag pulling up an app. Otherwise fast.Try looking for a diffrent kernel or try the new cm 7.2. If you want to stay with asop ics.Some phones work better than others on diffrent roms. If your not stuck on asop try Vins elousion rom. Very fast and awsome metal theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rammv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rammv Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 04:45 PM |#649  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
This ROM was my daily driver for months, then last week I decided to experiment with ap2sd and broke my ROM.

Instead of loading a backup, I flashed a JB ROM, and I have not looked back since.

Savoca did a great job with Strike!.

If you value stability and battery consumption, his Strike! ROM is second to none. It's also a great performer.

I'm currently happy with JB, and if I have any issues, I'll probably revert back to Strike!.

It's a pity Savoca won't be updating it to 4.2, and I wish he changes his mind eventually. Others, like MazWoz, have shown our Evos have no problems running it. If anything, we need 4.2 now more than ever because of the increased performance it brings to the hardware.
8th June 2013, 05:33 AM |#650  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy4evo

This ROM was my daily driver for months, then last week I decided to experiment with ap2sd and broke my ROM.

Instead of loading a backup, I flashed a JB ROM, and I have not looked back since.

Savoca did a great job with Strike!.

If you value stability and battery consumption, his Strike! ROM is second to none. It's also a great performer.

I'm currently happy with JB, and if I have any issues, I'll probably revert back to Strike!.

It's a pity Savoca won't be updating it to 4.2, and I wish he changes his mind eventually. Others, like MazWoz, have shown our Evos have no problems running it. If anything, we need 4.2 now more than ever because of the increased performance it brings to the hardware.

And on that glorious note. 4.2.2 Strike is in the works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to savoca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift savoca Ad-Free
8th June 2013, 08:33 AM |#651  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Holy blast from the past! This was, and still is, an excellent ROM. Looking forward to the update!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, ics, stable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)