[RECOVERY][HeroC]TWRP 2.2.2.0 touch recovery [2012-08-24]

Search This thread

Hippie459MN

Well, Yesterday I had my first issue and dont know if its recovery related but I booted into recovery to look at something and as soon as I rebooted the phone I started getting all kinds of system FC's and and stuff and had to pull the battery and reboot. Same thing. So I then pulled the battery again, booted into the bootloader so I could get into the recovery and it sat at the "TeamWin" splash screen for a lot longer then normal but I then tried to wipe cache, and dalvik then restore permissions and reboot only to completely get stuck at my splashscreen so I pulled the battery again and booted into the boot loader and then into the recovery and now all it does is sits at the "TeamWin" splashscreen and never enters recovery.

Now that I think about it, I dont know that I have really went into the recovery since flashing the 2.2.2.0 (Touch scree) to my hero. Going to try and flash a new recovery via fastboot and see if I can get this thing to boot again.

Hippie459MN

Well, some reason, even though I am S-OFF I could not flash anything via fastboot. I just kept getting access denied responses so I ended up making a HERCIMG.zip and flashing Darchstars RA recovery only to remember that the rom I was on was not RA friendly. Kept failing when I would attempt to flash it. So I ended up grabbing the 2.2.2.0 recovery image and placing it in the zip and flashing from the bootloader and then was able to once again get in the recovery and reflash the rom that was on my phone and all seems to be good again. I didnt do any wipes or anything. Just a dirty flash. Guessing maybe the bootimage got all messed up or something. It all started when I wiper the cache and dalvik inside TWRP. Hope the recovery wasnt wiping more then it should have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.2, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG (for 2.2.2.0 compared to 2.2.0.0):
    Mostly bugfixes:
    Significantly improved sd-ext handling (ext partitions on sdcards)
    Changes to kinetic scrolling in file selectors
    Fixed a problem with using periods in backup names
    Fixed problems in XML layouts with mounting system and USB storage
    Fixed a problem with unmounting a partition before formatting during restore
    Add Jelly Bean decrypt support
    Updated 320x480 theme to match others (thanks to Llewelyn)
    Improve "symlinking" of /data/media to either /sdcard or /emmc
    Added sanitizing of device IDs for invalid characters (thanks to bigbiff)
    Fixed free space calculation when switching backup devices on /data/media devices
    Fixed a problem with using OpenRecoveryScript to create a backup without providing a backup name

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    NOTE: If you're coming from another build of TWRP, you may need to go into settings and tap reset defaults to reset the storage paths so that you can see your zip files.

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    Going to flash this now and give it a try. Hopefully it works out good. :)