[APP/MOD][2.2+][1.8.1] SnapChat Holo Edition

Search This thread

Flozzo

Jul 13, 2010
Sick of the iOS like Snapchat app? So was I

Long story short: I got bored, I didn't like Snapchat's design, here is a new one:

Screen.png

This is just a redesign/modification of the original Snapchat app. I'll work on it until I'm satisfied (keeping in mind I have Schemes - my own app - to manage too, which generally is a higher priority).

Before installing, please uninstall any previous version of Snapchat first!

Changelog:
v1.8.1 Updated to 4.1.07

v1.7: Updated to 4.1.03

v1.6: Updated to Snapchat 4.1.01, now lets you view stories without anyone finding out. Plus an updated screenshot protection (all credit to TheRamis).

v1.5: Updated to Snapchat 4.0.20, added XHDPI and XXHDPI icons, Story and Snap screenshots are both undetectable now!

v1.1: (Lazily) updated to Snapchat v3.0.8.

v1.0: Updated to Snapchat v3.0.1, changed the look around a bit, but mostly similar.

v0.6: Better icon and made new snaps more easy to recognise.

v0.5 Camera and login changed. Camera looks like AOSP cam (sort of, WIP). Also, no one will be able to see if you screenshot snaps ;)

v0.1: Initial release (Snapchat version 2.1.0)

Download link in the attachment

Enjoy!

(I am in no way affiliated with Snapchat Inc. If they want this removed, I will happily comply.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-54-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-54-20.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 40,416
  • Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-54-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-54-56.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 33,467
  • Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-46-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-10-22-46-14.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 52,027
  • Screenshot_2013-06-11-23-35-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-11-23-35-54.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 33,772
Last edited:

Pekempy

Now up to 0.5 including a new camera design (well new to Snapchat, heh), a fixed login screen and sneaky lil feature that makes screenshots undetectable.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot! :)

I use KeepChat to automatically save the snaps, and it doesn't notify (if you edit code and compile yourself), so the screenshot thing isn't particularly useful for me, but thanks anyway! :D :thumbup:

*________Sent from my MB525._______*
*__________Bayer (Red Lens)__________*
*____Quarx CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2)___*

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Thanks a lot! :)

I use KeepChat to automatically save the snaps, and it doesn't notify (if you edit code and compile yourself), so the screenshot thing isn't particularly useful for me, but thanks anyway! :D :thumbup:

*________Sent from my MB525._______*
*__________Bayer (Red Lens)__________*
*____Quarx CM10.1 (Android 4.2.2)___*

Is this theme mod working with KeepChat for you?

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Works on my kindle fire hd 7

Sent from my psp 1000 and kindle fire hd

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370984036802.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370984036802.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,392

FirmShark

Sep 30, 2010
Livingston
There's a problem with the camera on 0.5 on my S3 running ParanoidAndroid. The camera screen is black with no preview and when you press to take a photo it crashes and needs to be reinstalled.

Edit: Was the phone at fault, fixed now and working perfectly!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:

Flozzo

Jul 13, 2010
There's a problem with the camera on 0.5 on my S3 running ParanoidAndroid. The camera screen is black with no preview and when you press to take a photo it crashes and needs to be reinstalled.

Edit: Was the phone at fault, fixed now and working perfectly!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Yeah it's working fine :) Just got a friend to snap me to make sure that it was saving.

Glad to hear it's all working guys :)

Flozzo

Jul 13, 2010
Only issue is a lot of message saying "failed to sent the snap" even if the snap was successfully sent

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk

I doubt that's a problem with my version, seeing how I have not modified anything that could cause that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sick of the iOS like Snapchat app? So was I

Long story short: I got bored, I didn't like Snapchat's design, here is a new one:

Screen.png

This is just a redesign/modification of the original Snapchat app. I'll work on it until I'm satisfied (keeping in mind I have Schemes - my own app - to manage too, which generally is a higher priority).

Before installing, please uninstall any previous version of Snapchat first!

Changelog:
    v1.8.1 Updated to 4.1.07

v1.7: Updated to 4.1.03

v1.6: Updated to Snapchat 4.1.01, now lets you view stories without anyone finding out. Plus an updated screenshot protection (all credit to TheRamis).

v1.5: Updated to Snapchat 4.0.20, added XHDPI and XXHDPI icons, Story and Snap screenshots are both undetectable now!

v1.1: (Lazily) updated to Snapchat v3.0.8.

v1.0: Updated to Snapchat v3.0.1, changed the look around a bit, but mostly similar.

v0.6: Better icon and made new snaps more easy to recognise.

v0.5 Camera and login changed. Camera looks like AOSP cam (sort of, WIP). Also, no one will be able to see if you screenshot snaps ;)

v0.1: Initial release (Snapchat version 2.1.0)

Download link in the attachment

Enjoy!

(I am in no way affiliated with Snapchat Inc. If they want this removed, I will happily comply.)
    Hopefully a quote will alert the OP to this thread. He's been MIA, let us know your here! ;)

I do check the thread almost daily, just don't have much to post while I'm busy :)
    Should be able to update the app this weekend though, my apologies!
    Hey guys, might be a few more days as my exams finish next week, but I've got a Material test build to keep you all busy for a while. Haven't found out how I can properly get it to set the status bar colour in Lollipop, but I'll get there! Enjoy :)
    It's fully functional, just a few minor things I'm not happy about yet.
    Should work with all Xposed mods, as I haven't changed anything about the code except removing screenshot detection.
    Any feedback is welcome guys.
    Dont worry guys, a Material version of Snapchat v5 is nearby!
    I just want to know if the app will ever get updated. I understand what you guys said about how the dev doesn't have to update and all that. I just wanna know if the modded version will ever come out...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm having to redo quite a bit of stuff due to a change in setup. I'm getting there though, don't worry :) I personally hate the new update so that explains the slightly slower update.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk