FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.2.7 for Xperia S (UnlockedBootLoader){JB}[20130824]

13,194 posts
Thanks Meter: 39,783

Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2013, 03:34 PM |#61  
Flag Lithuania
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to flash this via flashtool? Because my device isnt rooted i cant use CWM. And the .55 and .50 root methods doesnt work, just buggs out.

Anyway, can I get CWM without root or instal this without CWM?

5th June 2013, 08:42 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSidiO

Is there any way to flash this via flashtool? Because my device isnt rooted i cant use CWM. And the .55 and .50 root methods doesnt work, just buggs out.

Anyway, can I get CWM without root or instal this without CWM?

That is the same problem I am facing. I lost my root when I update to the official JB. Now it seems that I need CWM to root but I can't install CWM without Root. .

But I guess there must be way out, just we have not found it yet. Some help would be great to have.
5th June 2013, 10:43 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasseY

That is the same problem I am facing. I lost my root when I update to the official JB. Now it seems that I need CWM to root but I can't install CWM without Root. .

But I guess there must be way out, just we have not found it yet. Some help would be great to have.

I fixed it!

As I wrote I lost Root on my XS after JB update and was desperate to get it back. Since I did not get any answer I was forced to read again and again this thread and several other thread. I have already unlocked the Bootloader so I have a working fastboot. So I decide to test it anyway.

So I followed the instruction to download the kernel file and copied it to the same directory as the Fastboot (in my case under \sdk\platform tools). Then start CMD and go to the same directory. Turn off the phone and connect it into fastboot mode. The first code (fastboot reboot...) was not needed. It did not work and said "device not found". I guess that's because the phone is already in the fastboot mode.
Just type the second code (fastboot flash...) and it is finished within 3 seconds

Wow, now I have Root back and the Recovery. Finally!

Thanks so much again for your great work, DoomLorD!
6th June 2013, 12:09 PM |#64  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Hi, thanks for the great Kernel in a timely fashsion!

I am using it with Trinity 2.0 Rom currently and so far it has been great and stable! I wonder if it supports undervolting, Thanks a lot
6th June 2013, 12:14 PM |#65  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 3,330

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdax1

Hi, thanks for the great Kernel in a timely fashsion!

I am using it with Trinity 2.0 Rom currently and so far it has been great and stable! I wonder if it supports undervolting, Thanks a lot

Use DooMKernel by @DooMLoRD if you want undervolting amd other features.

Wow, an angry person rate this thread as 1 star!
7th June 2013, 02:16 PM |#66  
Flag Lithuania
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasseY

I fixed it!

As I wrote I lost Root on my XS after JB update and was desperate to get it back. Since I did not get any answer I was forced to read again and again this thread and several other thread. I have already unlocked the Bootloader so I have a working fastboot. So I decide to test it anyway.

So I followed the instruction to download the kernel file and copied it to the same directory as the Fastboot (in my case under \sdk\platform tools). Then start CMD and go to the same directory. Turn off the phone and connect it into fastboot mode. The first code (fastboot reboot...) was not needed. It did not work and said "device not found". I guess that's because the phone is already in the fastboot mode.
Just type the second code (fastboot flash...) and it is finished within 3 seconds

Wow, now I have Root back and the Recovery. Finally!

Thanks so much again for your great work, DoomLorD!

Too bad my bootloader is unlockable.
7th June 2013, 07:05 PM |#67  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cities516

Use DooMKernel by @DooMLoRD if you want undervolting amd other features.

Wow, an angry person rate this thread as 1 star!

damn one star rating? thats disappointing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
11th June 2013, 10:43 PM |#68  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
updated Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 (FW: 6.2.B.0.211) (CWM 6.0.2.7)!!!

download links in first post!

damn! why is this thread rated 1 STAR?

if you guys dont want me to publish these files then do let me know... it will save me a lot of trouble and time...
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DooMLoRD Ad-Free
12th June 2013, 11:51 AM |#69  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Will flashing this file on xperia sl reduce its clockspeed to 1.5ghz?
12th June 2013, 04:22 PM |#70  
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhavs800

Will flashing this file on xperia sl reduce its clockspeed to 1.5ghz?

no.. u can check it in setcpu or any other app...
12th June 2013, 05:39 PM |#71  
Flag Keerbergen
Thanks Meter: 407

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD

updated Advance Stock Kernel with Recovery v01 (FW: 6.2.B.0.211) (CWM 6.0.2.7)!!!

download links in first post!

damn! why is this thread rated 1 STAR?

if you guys dont want me to publish these files then do let me know... it will save me a lot of trouble and time...

I don't know why your rating is so low, but I can't seem to be able to rate, else I would give you 5 stars. I've been trying to but it just doesn't work, both on Firefox and Chrome, or am I pressing the wrong button? I think a lot of users are having problems with that rating system, so maybe XDA should fix that. You also can't rate from the app afaik.. In the mean time I usually press the thanks button.

Anyway, I think most people prefer using DooMKernel or one of the other more advanced kernels (this here is pretty much stock with a custom recovery).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Redstarr1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)