FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLS][ZIPS][SCRIPTS] osm0sis' Odds and Ends [Multiple Devices/Platforms]

13,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,105

By osm0sis, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 18th April 2013, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2013, 12:59 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Thanks for putting these together and sharing them osmosis! Nice clean and simple. Great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to bjcrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bjcrj Ad-Free

13th June 2013, 01:21 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 353

More
@osm0sis With the vm tweaks you are working on, it reminded me of the EVO 4G days when I used to run V6 Supercharger from zepplinrox. That thread is still booming ever since 2011.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutomaticFailure27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AutomaticFailure27 Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 01:51 AM |#43  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Yeah we're just trying to do some basic stuff with the vm that's available through the sysfs, not replace a more comprehensive solution like Supercharger.
13th June 2013, 06:34 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Hi,
I'm having trouble to get correct screenshots from TWRP 2.5.0.0 with your adb tool on Galaxy Nexus (Maguro).

They look like this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twrp_screenshot.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	2038953  
The Following User Says Thank You to qu4nd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qu4nd Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 06:21 PM |#45  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Salé
Thanks Meter: 3,200

More
@osm0sis
I have a question : What do you prefer Row or Deadline with last tunables?and now that franco added you're tweaks in 382 update init.d scripts still needed?

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Midomad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midomad Ad-Free
13th June 2013, 11:31 PM |#46  
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,968

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midomad

@osm0sis
I have a question : What do you prefer Row or Deadline with last tunables?and now that franco added you're tweaks in 382 update init.d scripts still needed?

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

Last I read he was using ROW and most of the tweaks are included in the new Franco build, how ever you will want to use 950iosettings or use set on boot option for deadline tunables as Franco has his as default for now. To remind you what those values are 250,2500,1,1,8

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
15th June 2013, 12:02 AM |#47  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quand443

Hi,
I'm having trouble to get correct screenshots from TWRP 2.5.0.0 with your adb tool on Galaxy Nexus (Maguro).

They look like this

The color thing could just mean that for some reason TWRP is using a different pixel format than CWM, but the 4 quadrants of pics thing is definitely odd. Especially since someone tested and told me that it worked on TWRP before.
I retested this the other night on my latest CWM build and it's still working fine here. It outputs 4 separate full-size pictures from the screen framebuffer generally..

Anyway, I'll get TWRP 2.5.0.0 and try it on my device to see if I can reproduce your issue. Stay tuned.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2013, 12:05 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
With the new Franco GNex nightly, I know the io script can be used to set the deadline values. Is the vm script still needed to test those settings, or are those now part of the kernel? Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to Empty Hand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Empty Hand Ad-Free
15th June 2013, 12:15 AM |#49  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Yeah I wouldn't even use the io script for deadline on f.K. Now that Francisco has added the ability to set io scheduler tunables on boot to f.Ku, it'd kinda be overkill to use the whole script. I think that's what The Gingerbread Man was implying above as well with his suggestion.

The vm and lmk sections are currently in the testing phase, so are not added. Only our finalized stuff makes it into official nightlies (at Francisco's discretion of course). TCP CAA is the only thing in there that might not ever get added even though we've chosen it as the best from our testing, since Francisco doesn't want to make it westwood instead of the Linux default cubic for whatever reasons.

r382 is pretty sweet though, he took all the latest osmod files I sent him for reference and directly added them. Proud moment.

All we're missing is deadline hardcoded and pkgnex's bfq quick-tune to optimize it further for flash media and we're at milestone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2013, 01:30 AM |#50  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quand443

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

The color thing could just mean that for some reason TWRP is using a different pixel format than CWM, but the 4 quadrants of pics thing is definitely odd. [snip]

Anyway, I'll get TWRP 2.5.0.0 and try it on my device to see if I can reproduce your issue. Stay tuned.

Turns out I was right, and even more, pixel format will fix both of those issues.

I guess TWRP (now?) uses rgb565le where CWM uses bgr0. Trying to work out if there's a way I can get the recovery brand from the commandline so the script can automatically decide which format to use.

Edit: TWRP doesn't appear to put anything on the device to identify it by.. /cache/recovery/.version is only the actual number, /data/media/0/TWRP/ doesn't have anything in it unless you have backups, and uname -a doesn't give the brand either. CWM on the other hand has the recovery brand in the file /data/media/clockworkmod/.recovery_version in the latest versions, but I'd like to be able to support older CWM versions too.. So unless there's some other hidden random file/folder/command they both use that I don't know about I might just have to make it convert with both pixel formats and you can just look at the ones for your recovery brand.

Edit 2: Nailed it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post42719303
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2013, 10:37 AM |#51  
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 3,968

More
Osmosis you should try your screen colours with the r g b gammas set to 0, it gives the white a slightly more natural look and not slightly blue in some bright light situations.

Edit

Also iv noticed since trying to set these via init.d I haven't been able to see the particular time when the script gets loaded, I had my colours set via init.d with different values some time ago and it was clearly visible the white level changed at Google boot screen, its not so obvious now if its even happening there. Have you managed to time it perfectly at the switch from Google screen to nexus boot animation? I'm certain permissions are correct for the script and folder

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automation, batch, flashable zip, script, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)