So... you root and research a good custom rom for you. You flash it, all goes well, it looks cool, feels nice you are on top of the world... (like I was) then you find your mms does not work...
here you go
1. make sure you have es file explorer downloaded
2. open your es file explorer
3. go to settings and select Root settings
4. check all the boxes and grant for superuser
now you are looking at the files on your sd card
5. click the "slash" icon on the top left
now you are looking at the whole phone
6. scroll down and select "system"
7. scroll down and select " build.prop"
it will ask you which program to use. I used the es note editor
NOTE you will be changing the build properties of you rom from sprint values to Cricket values
BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE!!!
9. scroll down slowly you will see ro.build.fingerprint=Sprint
delete Sprint and change it to cricket
10. scroll down about 1/2 of the way down and you will see additional build properties
you will be looking for 4 lines
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=(change to Cricket)
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=(change to 310016)
gsm.operator.alpha=(change to Cricket)
gsm.operator.numeric(change to 310016)
and about 3/4 fof the way down
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=(change to Cricket)
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=(change to 310016)
back out and SAVE
11. now go into you es file explorer again this time to system
12. select etc
13. scroll down to a file called apns-conf.xml
download this one and edit it with your phone number with notepad+ on your computer
edit the second one, not the value 45
put the file on your sd card and copy it to your system/etc folder
16. using the voice dialer say "open apn"
17. delete the one you see
18. select reset to default
now you should see 2 apns and a little circle beside both
click the circle beside "cricket"
REBOOT TWICE AND WAIT FOR THE SYSTEM TO CATCH UP
download this mms.apk (this is not mine.. i found it for the evo 4g somewhere)
using es file explorer, delete your old mms.apk under system/apps
remember, you have to mount es as root rw every time you reboot
roboot and move the new mms.apk to the system/apps and install
go back into es file and (set root rw again)move to the new mms.apk.
long press it and chose permissions.
set your permissions like the screenshot in at the bottom
this has been proven on my evo3d
NOTE. if you are a flashaholic, you will store the mms.apk and the apns-config.xml on your sd card so you can do this with every flash
if this helped you, press the thanks button please!!!