[App][August 10/09] PowerOptions - Shutdown/Softreset/Standby/Dim Light/Screen Off

Search This thread

TinTin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
[SIZE=+2]PowerOptions v1.22 / MySoftReset v1.0 / MyShutdown v1.0 / MySuspend v1.1[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]

SoftReset / Shutdown / Standby / Dim Light / Screen Off[/SIZE]

PowerOptions Download Page

[SIZE=+1]Seeing psShutXP did not work on my Topaz ( HTC Touch Diamond2 ) I created a new software for HTC devices to easily soft reset, shut down, turn off backlight and put the device into standby mode all from one little application written in native C++

A high priority was to use only "safe" functions, which will not harm the device. The shutdown method for one is the same HTC uses. On all newer HTC devices the shut down will be executed without the "Yes/No" prompting.[/SIZE]

po12.jpg

[SIZE=+2]The functions:[/SIZE]

softreset.jpg
[SIZE=+1]SoftReset will soft reset (warm boot) the device using a safe method advised by msdn (microsoft developer network). There are quite a few ways to soft reset a device actually and some of them are said to be unsafe (like KernelIO method). This function will work on all Windows devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6 [/SIZE]

shutdown.jpg
[SIZE=+1]Shutdown will shut down the device using the same (HTC) method as if you'd press and hold the power on/off button for longer. On all HTC devices since the "Kaiser" the "Yes/No" dialog will be skipped and the device is shut down instantly. It will not work on non-HTC devices (will do no harm either however).[/SIZE]

suspend.jpg
[SIZE=+1]Standby will suspend the device using the same method as if you'd press and hold the power on/off button shortly. PowerOptions will exit afterwards. This function will work on all Windows devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6[/SIZE]

lightbulb.jpg
[SIZE=+1]Dim Light will turn off the backlight. PowerOptions will minimize but stay on the task list for you to switch back to full light more easily. This function will work on all HTC devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6- Other devices are unsure. It may or may not work (will do no harm either however).[/SIZE]

screenoff.jpg
[SIZE=+1]Screen off will completely turn off the screen while WIFI, bluetooth, music etc. will still run.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Standalone versions[/SIZE] (These are not required for PowerOptions to work, but intended for people that want 1-click access to soft reset or shut down their devices)

softreset.jpg
[SIZE=+1]MySoftReset - Download and install MySoftReset.CAB or MySoftReset_No_Warning.CAB. The "No Warning" version will not ask a safety Yes/No question if you want to reboot or not. [/SIZE]

shutdown.jpg
[SIZE=+1]MyShutdown - Download and install MyShutdown.CAB or MyShutdown_No_Warning_v1.1.CAB. The "No Warning" version will not ask a safety Yes/No question if you want to shut down the device or not. The "No Warning" version will work on all HTC devices since the "Kaiser", including all newer models like Topaz & Rhodium.[/SIZE]

suspend.jpg
[SIZE=+1]MySuspend - Download and install MySuspend_v1.1.CAB.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]I would advise everyone to rather install the regular versions (MySoftReset.CAB and MyShutdown.CAB) instead of the "No Warning" ones, in case of accidental misclicks.

Please mention which device and ROM version you are using, when giving feedback. Thank you.

Visit my Blog if you like, it's in german however.[/SIZE]

http://mytd2.blogspot.com

Attachments

• MySoftReset.CAB
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,692
  • MyShutdown.CAB
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,163
  • MySuspend_v1.1.CAB
    23.1 KB · Views: 990
  • MySoftReset_No_Warning.CAB
    22.2 KB · Views: 780
  • MyShutdown_No_Warning_v1.1.CAB
    22.7 KB · Views: 899
  • PowerOptions_v1.22_QVGA.CAB
    206.8 KB · Views: 1,483
  • PowerOptions_v1.22.CAB
    206.8 KB · Views: 2,572
Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Changelog
---------------

August 10 / 2009

PowerOptions v1.22
- fixed a problem where standby, dim light, screen off wouldn't work under certain circumstances

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 8 / 2009

MyShutDown_No_Warning v.1.1
- calling internal HTC function now instead of PowerOffWarning to support a wider variety of HTC devices

PowerOptions v1.2
- added QVGA version
- calling internal HTC function now instead of PowerOffWarning on Shutdown to support a wider variety of HTC devices
- changed UI (black background)
- changed application icon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 7 / 2009

-added MySuspend v1.1 to the downloads
-new Screen Off button in PowerOptions v1.1
-minor change to PowerOptions to improve performance with PocketShield and S2U2

Last edited:

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
FAQ

1. How can I set the long or short press power button trigger to start PowerOptions ?
See this post

2. I don't have a HTC device and Shutdown doesn't work, anything I can do?
Contact me via private mail - maybe we can work something out

3. Can I add any/all of the programs in this post to my own ROM ?
Yes, feel free to do so. Just give me credit by mentioning my website

4. I want to install the new version, do I have to uninstall the old first?
You can just install it over the old one, the new installation will uninstall the old one. You may uninstall it manually yourself too however, it doesn't matter which way.

5. Are you going to make this a skinnable app?
Will look into it, no ETA yet.

6. Are you going to add a timer to reboot the device at certain times?
Looking for best practice ways right now.

Last edited:

aDEO

Jul 28, 2007
Bruxelles
www.adeo.hit.bg
Second then, but I am the first with feedback :)

Very nice and little application! Really good job you've done here!
Just something I have in mind, which will be the shining star of your PowerOptions: try to catch the long press power button trigger to run this app! :)

Best regards,
aDEO

buzz83

Dec 21, 2008
Newcastle
Third...
about to install now.

Looks great!

-----

Edit: Looks great. Love not being prompted when I want to soft reset.
Now I just have to replace ANX1 action screen.

Last edited:

buzz83

Dec 21, 2008
Newcastle
Now I just have to replace ANX1 action screen.

App works great. Probably going to install the standalone ones and use with the Anx1 Action Screen.

Thanks!:D

-----

Standalone still has prompts. I like the idea of this app... probably just need to wait to the weekend so I can have a good play with it.

Last edited:

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Standalone still has prompts. I like the idea of this app... probably just need to wait to the weekend so I can have a good play with it.

I assume you mean MyShutdown_No_Warning.CAB still has prompts for you? Which device are you running this on and which ROM?

No prompting should work for all HTC devices with MySoftReset_No_Warning.CAB, but with shut down it will most likely only work on WVGA devices.

I can probably make it work on other devices, but would need some help from people with other devices.

Thanks

sito_zire

Nov 28, 2006
Hi:
Can be possible make standalone versions for standby and screen off buttons?.
Thanks.

Last edited:

TinTin

Mar 12, 2003
Hamburg
mytd2.blogspot.com
Second then, but I am the first with feedback :)

Very nice and little application! Really good job you've done here!
Just something I have in mind, which will be the shining star of your PowerOptions: try to catch the long press power button trigger to run this app! :)

[size=+1]TYVM!

To map the application to the long press power button trigger just copy PowerOptions.lnk from \Windows\Start Menu to \Windows folder and rename it to Long_Power.lnk.

And you guessed it, to map the application to the short press power button trigger just copy PowerOptions.lnk from \Windows\Start Menu to \Windows folder and rename it to Short_Power.lnk

To map any of the standalone versions to the short/long press power button trigger use their .lnk files and copy/rename them accordingly.

hth[/size]

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
Hi, what is the purpose of the squared x in the top right in your screenshot?

Is that the "Start button" for your app? No conflicts with task manager Showcase?

animelover

Dec 21, 2004
Berlin
Works great on my TP2! Thanks for this little great piece of software! If you add the possibility for skinning, it would be perfect! :D

Tatsch

May 11, 2009
Usually the screen is locked by PocketShield, when I turn on the screen after standby.

If I use your application for standby-mode, then - after waking up the device - the screen is not locked. Seems that your app prevents the lock of pocketshield?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]PowerOptions v1.22 / MySoftReset v1.0 / MyShutdown v1.0 / MySuspend v1.1[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]

SoftReset / Shutdown / Standby / Dim Light / Screen Off[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Seeing psShutXP did not work on my Topaz ( HTC Touch Diamond2 ) I created a new software for HTC devices to easily soft reset, shut down, turn off backlight and put the device into standby mode all from one little application written in native C++

A high priority was to use only "safe" functions, which will not harm the device. The shutdown method for one is the same HTC uses. On all newer HTC devices the shut down will be executed without the "Yes/No" prompting.[/SIZE]

po12.jpg

[SIZE=+2]The functions:[/SIZE]

softreset.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]SoftReset will soft reset (warm boot) the device using a safe method advised by msdn (microsoft developer network). There are quite a few ways to soft reset a device actually and some of them are said to be unsafe (like KernelIO method). This function will work on all Windows devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6 [/SIZE]

shutdown.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]Shutdown will shut down the device using the same (HTC) method as if you'd press and hold the power on/off button for longer. On all HTC devices since the "Kaiser" the "Yes/No" dialog will be skipped and the device is shut down instantly. It will not work on non-HTC devices (will do no harm either however).[/SIZE]

suspend.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]Standby will suspend the device using the same method as if you'd press and hold the power on/off button shortly. PowerOptions will exit afterwards. This function will work on all Windows devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6[/SIZE]

lightbulb.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]Dim Light will turn off the backlight. PowerOptions will minimize but stay on the task list for you to switch back to full light more easily. This function will work on all HTC devices since PPC 2003 incl. WM5 and WM6- Other devices are unsure. It may or may not work (will do no harm either however).[/SIZE]

screenoff.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]Screen off will completely turn off the screen while WIFI, bluetooth, music etc. will still run.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]Standalone versions[/SIZE] (These are not required for PowerOptions to work, but intended for people that want 1-click access to soft reset or shut down their devices)

softreset.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]MySoftReset - Download and install MySoftReset.CAB or MySoftReset_No_Warning.CAB. The "No Warning" version will not ask a safety Yes/No question if you want to reboot or not. [/SIZE]

shutdown.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]MyShutdown - Download and install MyShutdown.CAB or MyShutdown_No_Warning_v1.1.CAB. The "No Warning" version will not ask a safety Yes/No question if you want to shut down the device or not. The "No Warning" version will work on all HTC devices since the "Kaiser", including all newer models like Topaz & Rhodium.[/SIZE]

suspend.jpg
    [SIZE=+1]MySuspend - Download and install MySuspend_v1.1.CAB.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]I would advise everyone to rather install the regular versions (MySoftReset.CAB and MyShutdown.CAB) instead of the "No Warning" ones, in case of accidental misclicks.

Please mention which device and ROM version you are using, when giving feedback. Thank you.

Visit my Blog if you like, it's in german however.[/SIZE]

http://mytd2.blogspot.com