FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

[OS][WM6.5.5] Latest Releases (23563), Porting, Tutorials, Tools, VM, etc.

3,316 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,560

By Da_G, Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus on 5th August 2009, 02:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2009, 11:32 AM |#11  
OP Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Riverside, CA

Donate to Me
More
Oh noes! I forgot the pizza party posts o.O

@Z7Z:

This should work fine for 23016, but not for 21935. I hope to have a new version to post soon, I will try and post all langs for it

5th August 2009, 01:37 PM |#12  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Da_G, my phone came with Wm 6.0. Now i am using 6.1/6.5. I have managed to insert initvmmap.exe and mencflt.dll into my xip, as these files have been added/replaced in the 6.1 and 6.5 xip. Now, i have also inserted required registry entries into boot.rgu in xip.bin, but i dont know how to add the entries in boot.hv. Is it necessary to do so? and if yes, then how?
5th August 2009, 01:48 PM |#13  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag prague
Thanks Meter: 1,674

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology

Da_G, my phone came with Wm 6.0. Now i am using 6.1/6.5. I have managed to insert initvmmap.exe and mencflt.dll into my xip, as these files have been added/replaced in the 6.1 and 6.5 xip. Now, i have also inserted required registry entries into boot.rgu in xip.bin, but i dont know how to add the entries in boot.hv. Is it necessary to do so? and if yes, then how?

it depends on kitchen
PRB kitchen creates new boot.hv
older kitchen that are using xip.bin u have to compile boot.rgu to boot.hv with HV TOOLS
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hv Tools.zip - [Click for QR Code] (443.0 KB, 795 views)
5th August 2009, 01:50 PM |#14  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot for the tools buddy I am using platform rebuilder based kitchen, do i need it?
5th August 2009, 01:53 PM |#15  
Flag prague
Thanks Meter: 1,674

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy_about_technology

Thanks a lot for the tools buddy I am using platform rebuilder based kitchen, do i need it?

no PRB will create new
5th August 2009, 02:58 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
MMM

I cook with the old kitchenn, based on bepe's kitchen 'buildos.exe".

If i do some tweaks on my XIP and on my boot.rgu, if i understand, i need to compile my new boot.hv with my modded boot.rgu ?

It's right ?

Thanks a lot
5th August 2009, 05:49 PM |#17  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
Wink Hey!
Hey Da_G now i need to unsuscribe the other and add this

How is the new tools IMGFSfrom and to... development? Hope GREAT!!!
Keep it up man... God bless friends.
5th August 2009, 07:06 PM |#18  
OP Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Riverside, CA

Donate to Me
More
Haven't started on the IMGFS part of it yet, still learning some bits of C++ i'll need to create that... but nd4spd has posted a modded set of IMGFS tools here which should work good until i'm done (although the free space in each partition is hardcoded for the moment): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=237

I'm probably a week or so off from posting the first test version (i'll do that in another thread) of the replacement for NBSplit/NBMerge/IMGFSFromNB/IMGFSToNB.

@Nixeus: Yes, when using the older kitchen you need to use program "rgucomp -b" with boot.rgu in same folder, it will compile boot.rgu to boot.hv Then just replace boot.rgu and boot.hv in your OEMXIPKernel. In the old kitchen to do this you'll need to dump xip.bin, replace the .hv, then rebuild xip.bin. XIPPort.exe can do this fairly easily.
5th August 2009, 08:12 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

Registry tips for WM 6.5

To change start menu positions

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Tools]

I don't have the "tools" key in my registry. I could obviously create it, but what would the string or dword values be?

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start, I see all my shortcurs with different ranks, so is that what you mean -- just change the rank?
5th August 2009, 08:15 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Only one Question. Is the voicemailbox-tab working with 23017 ?
Or with the 23xxx tree generally ? .... I never saw a notification there ... number was configured.
Is there a reg-key to get it working ?
6th August 2009, 01:24 AM |#21  
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks Meter: 227

More
VM: More To It Than Meets The Eye
In my last few 6.1 5.12 21051/20779 ROM builds - VK 1.8.1;

I've noticed that if I do not powercycle my RAPH every 20hrs or so, it would no longer ring on incoming calls.

When I look at the BUILD_LOG file, I noticed that modules where overflowing into SLOT0. After several back-and-forth chats with Da_G, I went ahead and RECMOD'ed modules until SLOT1 modules no longer overflowed into SLOT0.

I've left my device on over the 20hr mark and it's been stable - i.e. incoming calls ring as expected. I've also noticed that battery usage seems to have improved; coincidence?

Ref Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=538099

Cheers,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
media

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)