[SEP 17] FEWidgets Ultimate 1.0b12 - (100% native code No Flash required)

Search This thread

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
FEWidgets Ultimate is a Today Plugin for Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5 Professional devices (WM 5 and 6.0 are not supported).

IMPORTANT:

- If you've modified the scripting side of any widget on a version lower than 1.0b10, either disable the Fast Orientation Change option, or modify the new scripts, because now widget initialization must be performed on the onWidgetLoad event for the cache to work properly.

- From 1.0b10 sweeping horizontally is cached instead of vertically. Meaning if you had setup a window you'll now have to sweep horizontally to get it, instead of vertically.

- If your device doesn't have too much RAM or the app behaves strange try disabling the "Fast Orientation Change option and soft resetting the device.

This version of the application is 100% native code (C++) using the Qt Framework for Windows CE and does not require Flash at all (none of them).. It also should run faster than it's flash counterpart (the Lite or vanilla old versions).

CAB For VGA/WVGA Devices: FEWidgetsUltimateVGA-v1.0b12.CAB

CAB For QVGA/WQVGA Devices (or VGA/WVGA with small widgets and icons): FEWidgetsUltimate-v1.0b12.CAB

User Manual: FEWidgets Ultimate - User Manual.doc (Updated on v1.0b10)

Developer Manual (Updated on v1.0b12): FEWidgets Ultimate - Developer Manual.doc

You can try the new skin by mchapman007 here!: MobileMatt FEWidgets Ultimate Theme v1.0.0.

Source Code (1.0b12): FEWU-Phantom - Sources.rar

(Most of the Sources are released under the Creative Commons license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/. License is as specified by the EULA.rtf)

Do you find my application useful? I've spent lot's of time programming it, please buy me a beer! :D Donate!

Features:

- Haptic feedback. When clicking on widget buttons you'll feel a small vibration.
- Multiple Layouts/Pages support (up to 4).
- Multiple Windows for each page with 0 loading time.
- Fullscreen Mode.
- Support for Landscape/Portrait modes.
- VGA/QVGA/WQVGA/WVGA support.
- Skinnable though XML files (or just modifying the images).
- Scriptable through javascript.
- Extensible though C++ plugins.
- Support for Acceleration/Light sensor on the engine. (not used right now by any Widget)

Implemented Widgets:

- [New!] Task Manager Widget (shows up to 8 tasks).
- Operator Name
- RSS Feed Reader
- Comming Appointments
- Tasks
- Contact widget
- Date widget
- Battery/Phone signal Strength indicator.
- S2P Player control.
- Analog Clock
- Diamond like Clock
- Background Image Changer
- Bluetooth State (Can turn on/off)
- Wi-Fi State (Can turn on/off)
- Quick Dial.
- Layout swapper.
- Locker (locks widget dragging)
- Calendar (when tapped will link to \Windows\Calendar.lnk)
- Shortcuts Widget. This widget allows creating shortcuts to exe/lnk files. You can drop the widget as many times as you want.
- Missed Calls. Shows the number of missed calls. When double tapped will take you to the missed calls log.
- Unread SMS. Shows the number of unread SMSs.
- Unread Mail. Shows the number of unread Mail on all accounts.
- Sound Profile changer. Lets you switch between On/Vibrate/Off modes.
- Weather. Shows you the weather for today. Current temperature and forecasted Min/Max for today.
- SMS information. Once you drop this widget once, if you remove it, it'll spawn automatically the next time you have an SMS message on the same possition you had placed it.
- Programs. Shows the contents of the Programs folder of the Start Menu on a kinetic scrolling list.

Some screenshots taken on the WM 6.1 QVGA Device Emulator:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Changes on 1.0b12

- [Fixed] On some devices docking the Widgets Bar at the bottom will make the bar overlap the menu. (because today window size is not calculated correctly)
- [Fixed] If the WidgetsBar docking is set to bottom and then to left again it won't update the Show/Hide button properly.
- [Fixed] Some applications are not launched correctly.
- [Fixed] On the VGA version some programs are displayed without icons.
- [Fixed] Error messages would display the error on the title.
- [Fixed] When switching fullscreen on and then off application window size won't be calculated properly.
- [Changed] Kinetic speed on VGA/WVGA devices is now increased.
- [Changed] Drag distance to differenciate a tap from a drag operatino is now doubled on VGA/WVGA devices.
- [Changed] On the Task Manager Widget, now the first icon is always arranged at the bottom instead of on the left.
- [New] Added a new parameter for widgets (can be set on widgets.xml) which allows specifying a distance to be left between the snap point on the widget with the parameter set and the snapped snap point on the perpendicular axis to the one the snapping took place.

Changes on 1.0b11

- [Fixed] When fullscreen is enabled an another applicaiton was opened, the other application will gain focus.
- [New] New Task Manager Widget (shows up to 8 tasks). Tap once to show the application and tap and hold to close it.

Changes on 1.0b10.1

- [Fixed] When using the new Fast Orientation Change option, the application will crash (i.e. it will stop responding properly). This was a really tough one :)
- [Fixed] Lists used the system wide window color instead of a custom color. If the color whas black, text would not be visible.
- [Fixed] Error messages on CommandProvider or PhoneProvider would generate an exception when multithreaded commands are on.

Changes on 1.0b10

- [Fixed] Script error en Analog Clock when changing hours.
- [Fixed] Items where not removed from snapper when changing orientation.
- [Fixed] When switching to landscape for the first time, Portrait mode layout is copied as the landscape one.
- [Fixed] When switching between landscape and portrait on fullscreen when another application is focused the Task bar dissapears.
- [Fixed] Shortcut widgets setup on portrait mode might collide with the ones created on landscape. (you'll have to recreate the shortcuts if you have this problem)
- [Fixed] When Yahoo! Weather reports a "not available" weather condition image (code 3200) a script error will be displayed.
- [Fixed] When wind speed is a decimal number, 0 will be displayed instead on the Weather Widget.
- [Fixed] Wind direction is wrong on the Weather Widget.
- [Fixed] When a Widget is on a layout but not on the new layout and the icon is at the end of the bar, when switching the bar won't adjust properly.
- [New] You can now set the units for degrees on the Weather widget.
- [Changed] Now windows are switched by sweeping horizontally and pages vertically.
- [Changed] Now switching windows is circular (as with pages).
- [Internal] Changed the behavior of hidden widgets (like SMS).
- [New] Now There is an option (Fast Orientation Change, enabled by default) to cache widgets on portrait and landscape to make rotation smoother. This will consume more memory since all the landscape widgets (on all windows of the current page) will be cached when in portrait mode.

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 51,764
  • sc2.jpg
    sc2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 50,881
  • sc3.jpg
    sc3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 58,260
Last edited:

fire_z

Jul 2, 2007
Manila
Works Great with HTC X7500

Thanks
works great with HTC X7500/Athena

How can I change the background image?

Request: Hope in the future version you can make this app DPI-aware so that it can support 128dpi and 96dpi resolutions (In the Athena it works at 192dpi only,wanted to use it @ 128dpi 'cause the athena's screen is so big, icons in 192dpi are big too...@_@...)

Last edited:

fire_z

Jul 2, 2007
Manila
My bad...it works @ 128 and 96 dpi...but

Well it works at those resolutions...but they stayed big (original size) :p

Bug: It doesn't show/start when themes are changed

@ 128DPI
DSC03950.jpg

Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Well it works at those resolutions...but they stayed big (original size) :p

Bug: It doesn't show/start when themes are changed

It's meant to be used on PDA phones.. don't really know if yours has a phone but it looks more like a vanilla Pocket PC.. phones tend to have a smaller screen and the images look smaller. I really don't take into account the DPI because I use the same images no matter what.

When you change the themes it probably tries to restart the plugin.. I've had some problems with that, so perhaps you should try to disable the plugin, change the theme and then enable the plugin again.

wow thank you. it only eats up 3.7mb.

Actually it eats some more MB but on dlls (Qt dlls). Since WM 6.1 and 6.5 use a different address space (64MB for large dlls) I guess they are not showing on the Process Manager... or it could be the dlls are not fully loaded and it really eats only that size hehe. You could probably check the real size watching how much memory you've got left with and without FEWidgets.

Cheers,
Nico.

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
Do you guyz see any battery issues with these widgets?
I hope they take less resources than manila & SPB shell. :)

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
found a small bug. if the widget bar is set on TOP of the screen, you cannot add a contact widget or shortcut widget on the screen.

EDIT:
also, after adding a contact widget, if i tap on it to add the contact i want, my phone hangs. (ETEN DX900)

Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
found a small bug. if the widget bar is set on TOP of the screen, you cannot add a contact widget or shortcut widget on the scrren

Thanks, I'll fix it tomorrow in the afternoon. :)

EDIT: I've uploaded the full CABs hopefully fixing that bug. Also on this post is attached a zip with the Main Provider, you can replace the one on FEWidgetsUltimate\providers with this one. Keep in mind you have to unload the plugin to do so.

Last edited:

corepda

Aug 4, 2007
California
guyz I need some update about battery before really trying this nice work, last time I tried fewidgets its was a nightmare for my battery :(

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
replaced the dll, but still no go when bar is on top

Hmm weird, on the emulator it's working... try this dll attached instead and let me know.

EDIT: Now it should work.. I had zipped the wrong dll, sorry about that. I'll better go to sleep.

guyz I need some update about battery before really trying this nice work, last time I tried fewidgets its was a nightmare for my battery :(

Battery life now is not an issue since Flash is no longer used. (0% CPU when idle)

Attachments

• FWMainProvider.zip
    166 KB · Views: 160

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Hmm weird, on the emulator it's working... try this dll attached instead and let me know.

EDIT: Now it should work.. I had zipped the wrong dll, sorry about that. I'll better go to sleep.

now adding widgets work.
if i tap on the contacts widget, it takes a long time for it to read my contact list. and when it does show the list, it's not in alphabetical order, so it's difficult to find the particular person i want to add.

Thanks for all the hard work. it's only a minor glitch so no sweat :)

Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Its good if we can add on more widgets like facebook icon or something
but wondering how to do it or such.

Look on the first post for the Developers Manual. It explains how to create new widgets.

now adding widgets work.
if i tap on the contacts widget, it takes a long time for it to read my contact list. and when it does show the list, it's not in alphabetical order, so it's difficult to find the particular person i want to add.

Thanks for all the hard work. it's only a minor glitch so no sweat :)

I'll see onto that later today :)

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
adding program shortcut widgets are fine. but somehow (although im not that sure) adding contacts widget increases the memory consumption.
also, everytime i reboot with a contact widget added, it asks me if i want to add a custom image or not :confused:

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
Ya, this rocks, Its good, I need to make some widgets tho, Thanks for another great version, I have been using 31 for the past 3 months on my TP