Amaze 4G wont turn on....Bricked?

Search This thread

ars88

Mar 4, 2011
So I got my Amaze on Friday, rooted and installed Energy Rom on Saturday, and phone just died on me on Sunday.

I was in the middle of playing Scramble with Friends and phone froze up on me. I had to take the batter out to reset it since the power button was not responsive. After I pulled the battery and put it back in, the phone would turn on.

So i read and read and found out people usually bought new batteries since the most likely culprit was a dead battery. I have a friend with the same phone and tried his battery. I saw the HTC Logo come on for a brief second and then that was it, nothing else. Phone died again and did not turn on (under his batter). I recharged my battery in his phone and tried that as well, but no luck.

Any ideas what went wrong and what I can do to fix this?
The phone is completely dead and not turning on. So that means I can't get into bootloader and recovery.

About Phone:
Unlocked Bootloader
TWRP recovery
Faux Kernel
ENERGY Rom

Any incite on this would be great. Thanks in advance!

G

glacierguy

Plug it in to the wall charger for 30-45min. Unplug and pull battery again. Put battery back in and you should be good...

Don't be alarmed if the orange led light flashes... It's normal when the phone dies. Be happy you're using twrp and not an old recovery that doesn't have charging while off :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1561104
Amaze Bricked

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575191
[Q] Bricked Amaze Won't turn on

I hope that's XBoarder's TWRP 2.0.0...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ars88

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks, i actually read those threads before i posted. I think there are more threads about that but i tried all options and none seemed to work. I will try plugging it in the wall and pulling battery out but the battery is at a 100% charge right now (i can confirm from a friends phone). However, if its just a glitch, then i will try the wall charger trick.

Thanks.

G

glacierguy

Thanks, i actually read those threads before i posted. I think there are more threads about that but i tried all options and none seemed to work. I will try plugging it in the wall and pulling battery out but the battery is at a 100% charge right now (i can confirm from a friends phone). However, if its just a glitch, then i will try the wall charger trick.

Thanks.

Once you get it booted, I recommend 4EXT recovery... But that's just my opinion ;)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

ars88

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks - tried the battery solution but unfortunately it didn't work out for me. Phone just refuses to power up.

Assuming its an official brick.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
i have a similar problem, well my battery had charged and running fine for several months, so i unplugged the battery to put my sim on it, and plug it back in when it was booting up it froze on the boot logo, so i took off the battery again so i can reboot it
and ever since it wont come back on, wont either go to the bootloader, so i let it charged all night and nothing happen no led blinking or on, so got my friends amaze's battery to test and it would not do anything at either, right now i am waiting for my replacement, but i hate the fact that this had happen to me

ars88

Mar 4, 2011
oh wow - well i ordered a replacement as well. I really hope it doesn't come down to a software issue and they don't end up covering the device since it has been rooted.

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
If the phone is completely dead and non-booting, there's no way for T-Mobile to determine if it's rooted or not. Only until it gets back to HTC to be refurbished could they (HTC) find out but at that point it won't matter to anyone anyhow.

And it couldn't possibly be a software issue. There's something physically defective inside the device that caused it to die.

phrecomedom

Apr 12, 2013
Owerri
htc amaze 4g refuse to turn on.

hi all, i'm a newbie here, though i have always loved the XDA. I unlocked my bootloader last night, downloaded and reinstalled my fav apps since i didnt do a backup. while i was downloading the XDA app, my fone freezed and eventually went off. When i tried to get it back on, it got stuck on the white htc screen and later went off after some seconds. It has refused to come on till the time of this post. i really need urgent advice.
I was yet to install a recovery software before the tragedy occurred.