otherwise flashtool cannot properly readback needed files wich will cause a bricked device. for rooting mt6573 or mt6575 without emmc partition layout,
refere to this method by rua1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...01&postcount=5
You need to upload the needed files to your Computer using the Read Page Only feature.
ALSO, MAKE SURE YOUR DON'T TRY THAT ON AN ALCATEL (OR SIMILAR) DEVICE, INDICATOR HERE IS A CUSTPACK PARTITION IN SCATTERFILE.
those devices have mt65xx, but have a totally different partition strukture. You can try this tutorial, BUT IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE; I CANNOT HELP YOU OUT!!!
since a lot of devices have different hardware - e.g. Display or Camera - making a Backup of your device should have highest priority. Flashing a wrong ROM can brick your phone!!
What is needed:
ADB, thx to n2k1
MTK Droid Tools V2.46
If you wan't to use the newest Versionof MTK Droid Tools, refere to here:
also, you can buy Master Shifu rua1 a coffee for his great tool!
Support for the newest Version of Droid Tools is NOT given in this thread! I personally don't use his tool so if something unexpected happens, its not my fault. :P
SP Flashtool V3.1224 for mt6589, newer flashtool is needed!!! if there are some problems with reading back or flashing the device, newer flashtool is needed.
Install the needed drivers. installing VCOM drivers might take a while, because it will show up just a few seconds while connecting the phone(off).
and now the Step-by-Step tutorial to backup your boot.img, recovery.img and system.img for rooting.
2. phone should now get recognized as "Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface" -> if this is a Unknown Device, you should install the ADB drivers.
3.Open MTK Droid Tools
4. Connect device to USB (USB Debugging has to be enabled)
5. Device informations has been loaded, Press on "Blocks Map"
We'll need to find the lines bootimg, recovery and Android. We'll need to write down Start-adress(Scatter) and the Size for every line.
(i made a screenshot, writing down isn't necessary.)
In MY Case, this is:
bootimg: 00F88000 size: 00600000
recovery: 01588000 size: 00600000
Android: 026E8000 size: 31900000
6. Now we'll need to click on "Create Scatter File" and you can save it as "MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt"
7. You can Close MTK Droid Tools now.
8. Now we need to open SP Flash Tool and we need to load the scatter file.
9. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back" in the top of SP Flash Tool.
Click on "ADD" 3 Times, we will create "ROM_0", "ROM_1" and "ROM_2".
10. Doubleclick on "ROM_0", and select a place to save it, e.g. C:/N9770_backup/ and rename it to"boot.img"
11. now it will ask you for the Start Adress and lengh for bootimg, we wrote down earlier.
this is in my case: Start Address: 0x00F88000; Lenght: 0x00600000. the first "0x" MUST remain at its place!
12. the same thing you'll need to do for "recovery" and "android".
13. disconnect, shut down and remove the battery of your Device.
13. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back", insert your battery and connect your device to USB. (VCOM driver is needed now, you'll need to install it before getting to the next steps)
14. if this were correct, a red bar should appear on the bottom of SP Flash Tool. you'll need to wait until the green ring appears.
15.Flash Tool now read back the 3 files. system.img isn't that important, but boot.img and recovery.img should be around 6 MB. if the file is smaller or bigger, the length is different to my device or there was a failure while reading back your firmware. So make sure, that at least recovery or boot.img has the right size!!
16. Back to droid tools. reconnect your device to USB , debugging should be enabled, too. switch to "root, backup, recovery" tab in MTK Droid Tools.
select "to choose the boot.img" and press on "Recovery and boot". select your backup boot.img and recovery,img. MTK droid tools will patch boot.img, so you obtain permanent shellroot.
(optional) a window will pop-up and ask you, if you want to install CWM-r. i cannot tell you if that will work, but you can try it, since you backed up your recovery before. )
(optional) a window will pop-up and ask you for the name of your device(you connected it before starting droidtools, so this should not ask you for the name). you can just press enter or you can enter a name for your device.
17. Droid Tools should have modified the boot.img. "--a task is complete--" text should show up in the right of droidtools.
18. Back to Flashtool
You'll need to load the Scatter (like in Step 8)
select boot.img and recovery.img. make sure you select the modified files. (.../Droidtools/recovery/boot.img and recovery.img)
only boot and recovery should be selected!!
19.disconnect, shout down and remove the battery of your device. press on "Download", a window will show up that you have not selected all images. you can press on "OK".
20. insert the battery and connect your device to USB. Flash process should start and if it worked, green ring will appear.
21. Back to DroidTools. device needs to be connected and debugging enabled. switch to "root, backup, recovery" again and press on "SuperUser". this will push superuser, SU binary and busybox to your device.
22. Your Device is rooted now. you can make a Full backup with Droid Tools now.
thx to n2k1 and tommy0815 for the needed files and the original tutorial!!
if i helped you, don't forget to press on "thanks"