[ATTENTION] XT926 update

Search This thread

Almighty2

Oct 11, 2012
Windows doesn't work for a lot of linux related stuffs :p
Might I suggest Daemon Tools Lite? You can mount .img's in that.

Or just fire up a live CD of Ubuntu and check the files there.
Or dual boot Ubuntu. Or delete Windows and run Linux full time. (best choice :p)

What can one use to mount or view/extract the system.img file since I tried Daemon Tools lite but it didn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I'm uploading FXZ update for XT926 "VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-4_VQW_CFC.xml.zip" which seems to me to be just a hotfix to the BL unlock exploit. I don't know what it does but I certainly recommend you to unlock your bootloaders BEFORE you flash it.
    Word from on high is that it is a maintenance/bug fix of unspecified nature, possibly to Swype and that we should expect to see another more significant maintenance update that is still 4.1.2 before we see any newer versions.
    Ok, to answer a few of my own questions...the file sizes are identical for all images except the system.img, which is actually LARGER by almost 2MB for the MR-4 build.

851,467KB for MR-4 vs. 849,755KB for MR-2

I am not booted into Linux to do a proper diff right now, but they did add something to the system and some careful analysis should be able to tell us what it is, even if we don't know what it means yet.
    Don't worry about it. :) I developed the House of Bionic Linux version in an Ubunutu VMWare VM. I'm no stranger to the Linux world. :) But Winimage was very handy for Bionic system.img files. They've obviously changed the format for the Snapdragon phones. No big deal.