By jeff_kz, Member on 10th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2013, 05:41 PM |#221  
Flag Strafford, NH
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygecko

jeff_kz accepted my pull request and the fix is in his NookTouchPatches repository. But it doesn't look like he has rebuilt NookManager to include it yet.

Not sure why its working for you. It must not think its connecting to B&N wifi for some reason. Did you get the in-store banner on the quicknav or use the ability to peruse a book for free in store?

It's not working anymore. About 2 weeks after I did the experiment, I went back to B&N, and for
whatever reason, my test Nook was now crashing(as originally expected). No idea what I did to
get it back to "normality".

16th June 2013, 11:15 PM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Hi there, fairly new to rooting of any android devices and have followed the guide and performed a backup prior to actually rooting. Can anyone help me with what I now do to take the backup off the sd card as it is taking up most of the card.

thanks
17th June 2013, 04:14 PM |#223  
Flag Strafford, NH
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecoddlyiv

Hi there, fairly new to rooting of any android devices and have followed the guide and performed a backup prior to actually rooting. Can anyone help me with what I now do to take the backup off the sd card as it is taking up most of the card.

thanks

The SD card has a normal FAT filesystem that windows can read, so if you
have an SD to USB card reader, plug the card into it, and windows will let
you browse through the card like any USB memory stick. Copy/delete the
backup from the SD card, and you're good to go.
17th June 2013, 04:31 PM |#224  

More
Thanks for reply but I am only seeing around 700mb off the 8gb card when I attach to pc
17th June 2013, 04:34 PM |#225  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkenney12

The SD card has a normal FAT filesystem that windows can read, so if you
have an SD to USB card reader, plug the card into it, and windows will let
you browse through the card like any USB memory stick. Copy/delete the
backup from the SD card, and you're good to go.

Not if you're on Windows. Windows doesn't recognize multiple partitions on removable media for some reason known only to Microsoft. Instead:

Boot your NST from your NookManager SD card
Connect your NST to your PC with a USB cable
NookManager will present the two partitions as two disks - NookManager and Backup(?).
Copy the backup files from the Backup disk to your PC.
Check the backup file size. Mine runs around 325 MB.
Use something like 7Zip or WinZip to verify you can open the backup file and that the uncompressed size is about 2 GB.

Now if you want to use the whole card for storage and you are on windows:

Put the SD card into your PC card reader (or a usb card reader plugged into your PC)
Use a partition tool like the built-in Windows Disk Management or downlaod a free tool like Paragon Partition Manager or MiniTool Partition Wizard to repartition and reformat your SD card to a single partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to straygecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straygecko Ad-Free
17th June 2013, 07:32 PM |#226  

More
thankyou straygecko will give that a go in the morning.
21st June 2013, 08:52 AM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Worked a treat.......as a UK person type I cannot use Amazon Market app. Has anyone worked around that?
21st June 2013, 02:29 PM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
straygecko, would it be possible for you to post a fix we could install over ADB? I apologize if you already have, I looked through the posts and I've not seen it.
22nd June 2013, 05:45 PM |#229  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch

straygecko, would it be possible for you to post a fix we could install over ADB? I apologize if you already have, I looked through the posts and I've not seen it.

Sorry, I got busy with other things and forgot. Attached is the services.jar file with the fix for connecting to the wifi in a Barnes and Noble store. Use ADB or a root explorer like ES File Explorer to put this file in /system/framework. As always, its best to make a backup of your NST first or at least rename the current services.jar on your NST before installing so you can put it back with ADB if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: jar services.jar - [Click for QR Code] (525.1 KB, 57 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to straygecko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift straygecko Ad-Free
24th June 2013, 12:53 AM |#230  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygecko

Now if you want to use the whole card for storage and you are on windows:

Put the SD card into your PC card reader (or a usb card reader plugged into your PC)
Use a partition tool like the built-in Windows Disk Management or downlaod a free tool like Paragon Partition Manager or MiniTool Partition Wizard to repartition and reformat your SD card to a single partition.

Another way to format your SD card back to full capacity is to use the Nook's format feature. With the SDcard inserted in the Nook, go to Settings from the bottom menu (press N button) and select "Device Info", Unmount SD Card, and then once unmounted, you should be able to select the previously Greyed out FORMAT option on the Nook.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xadious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xadious Ad-Free
24th June 2013, 11:53 AM |#231  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How can I change the default launcher? I want to try the adw launcher but I cannot find a way to change the default. It worked fine once but I decided to use ReLaunch. Now I am not asked anymore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)