[ROOT] Universal ICS Root from Official Stock Recovery 3e - Easy With Tutorial

444 posts
Thanks Meter: 173

By Astrix Ashburn, Senior Member on 23rd August 2012, 03:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2013, 02:26 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Nope, i try, rooting failed using those file.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

10th May 2013, 03:32 PM |#102  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan1979

it will work fine

rooting failed for me as well after updating to jb, i tried to reflash several time, but it keeps telling me that signature failed !
I was hoping to insert arabic language files for the keyboard, and pushing APKs from Galaxy Note 8.0 especially the gallrey and music player.
The Following User Says Thank You to bassem.mohsen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bassem.mohsen Ad-Free
10th May 2013, 03:42 PM |#103  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,403

Donate to Me
More
you need custom cwm to root using those files... it no longer work with stock recovery

use the files from this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2272386
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
10th May 2013, 03:55 PM |#104  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:

you need custom cwm to root using those files... it no longer work with stock recovery

use the files from this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2272386

can i flash the CWM via the Odin as usual ?
10th May 2013, 04:05 PM |#105  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,403

Donate to Me
More
yup... can flash it with odin..
23rd June 2013, 09:19 AM |#106  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Wink Could you list the steps for rooting stock JB 4.1.2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeguym

Just curious, is this rooting method working for jb?

Quote:

it will work fine

Edan: I am encouraged by your reply and your later message instructing us to download cwm-6.0.3.0-p6800.tar and SuperSU. I have downloaded both of those files. But I am not sure once I have ODIN loaded how I should proceed. (For example I am not sure whether to extract recovery.img. Or which of the checkboxes in ODIN to use. Or when/how to flash SuperSU.)

Would it be simple to list the steps to go from a recently updated Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800) running stock 4.1.2 to a rooted tablet running stock with CWM recovery? I would be very grateful. And I bet I am not the only one who needs this help.
23rd June 2013, 11:28 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goattee

Edan: I am encouraged by your reply and your later message instructing us to download cwm-6.0.3.0-p6800.tar and SuperSU. I have downloaded both of those files. But I am not sure once I have ODIN loaded how I should proceed. (For example I am not sure whether to extract recovery.img. Or which of the checkboxes in ODIN to use. Or when/how to flash SuperSU.)

Would it be simple to list the steps to go from a recently updated Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800) running stock 4.1.2 to a rooted tablet running stock with CWM recovery? I would be very grateful. And I bet I am not the only one who needs this help.

Not sure why you make multiple posts on the same question but I have answered your query on the other thread that you posted to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)