FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT][JB] HOW TO THEME SystemUI.apk for TOTALLY newbie!

720 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,527

By joehanh88, Recognized Themer on 23rd March 2013, 11:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2013, 10:17 AM |#341  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Images can be dragged and dropped into an apk without having to decompile or sign it.

yes..but not for .9.png.
that steps is for safe step. and more practical

23rd June 2013, 10:31 AM |#342  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehanh88

yes..but not for .9.png.

Yes for .9pngs, so long as they've not been edited. If I see a theme that has a .9 that I like for example, I'll download the theme, extract the re res folders, then drag and drop the image I want into my apk, zipalign and push it to my Phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 11:10 AM |#343  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes for .9pngs, so long as they've not been edited. If I see a theme that has a .9 that I like for example, I'll download the theme, extract the re res folders, then drag and drop the image I want into my apk, zipalign and push it to my Phone.

aaa...i see...because i've tried that method before, but i got some weird display..maybe i have done something wrong..
thanks btw
23rd June 2013, 11:51 AM |#344  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehanh88

aaa...i see...because i've tried that method before, but i got some weird display..maybe i have done something wrong..
thanks btw

No problem. Little tips like that can save a lot of time, for example when a new firmware is released I'll extract the res folders from my old apks and do the same for the new ones I want to edit, then I'll stack the folder windows side by side and just replace the new images with the old, then I'll drag and drop them into the new apk then decompile it to make any xml edits if I need to, if I don't need to make xml edits I just zipalign then push them back to the Phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 12:01 PM |#345  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No problem. Little tips like that can save a lot of time, for example when a new firmware is released I'll extract the res folders from my old apks and do the same for the new ones I want to edit, then I'll stack the folder windows side by side and just replace the new images with the old, then I'll drag and drop them into the new apk then decompile it to make any xml edits if I need to, if I don't need to make xml edits I just zipalign then push them back to the Phone.

nice info
thanks for the trick mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
SuperDroid-BOND
23rd June 2013, 03:11 PM |#346  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry Some Extra Theming and Moving the Power Widget Down

[COLOR=Red @joehanh88,

Thanks A Lot for giving me chance to write the "how to" in your thread sir.
You and Your Guide, both are awesome.
And Please Pardon me as I found this thread more than just good to write this thing as suggested by you.
[/COLOR]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::----------:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Let's Start with Some Extra Themeing.

First of All let us understand the layout structure of the notification bar(where wi-fi,bluetooth, and other power widget are their). Its in SystemUI/res/layout/here - "Status Bar Expanded.xml"

The Second line decides the background,and layout of the status bar.

Code:
<FrameLayout android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="#3f000000" android:paddingTop="@dimen/notification_panel_padding_top" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/notification_panel_margin_left"
Just from 5th line, its start deciding the layout of ongoing notification and other alerts.

Code:
    <FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_underlap">
        <include android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/notification_panel_header_height" layout="@layout/status_bar_expanded_header" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_hr" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="21.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="40.0dip">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="0.0dip" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true">
                <TextView android:textSize="45.0dip" android:textColor="#ff99ff00" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/notification_title" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/status_bar_latest_events_title" />
            </LinearLayout>
After that comes our widget for bluetooth wifi & others- (May be different in other devices so look for icons.

Code:
        <FrameLayout android:id="@id/toolBarSwitchPanel" android:background="#3f000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="85.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="40.0dip">
            <include layout="@layout/toolbar_view" />
            <include layout="@layout/toolbar_indicator" />
        </FrameLayout>

Now after that the Scroll view,

Code:
<ScrollView android:id="@id/scroll" android:fadingEdge="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginTop="140.0dip" android:overScrollMode="never">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout android:id="@id/latestItems" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" systemui:rowHeight="@dimen/notification_row_min_height" />
        </ScrollView>

After that close dragging handle,

Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/close_handle_height">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/closeImg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/close_handle_height" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_close" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
    </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle>
</FrameLayout>
Now Let's start changing this.
Let's change the widget to the bottom.

Cut that codes from your status_bar_expanded.xml and paste it just above the close drag handle. and add this in that first line after "android_background" of the widget line..
Code:
android:layout_gravity="bottom"
So it will look like this
Code:
        <FrameLayout android:id="@id/toolBarSwitchPanel" android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:background="#3f000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="85.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip">
        </FrameLayout>
        </FrameLayout>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CloseDragHandle android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/close" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/close_handle_height">
        <ImageView android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:id="@id/closeImg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/close_handle_height" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_close" android:scaleType="fitXY" />
</FrameLayout>
Now let's change the gap of these widget in the above are so that, it will look good. So find scroll view line and go to end of line and see there it will be like
Code:
android:layout_marginTop="70.0dip"
Now change the value to fit your screen. I have a 5 inch screen and value is given for reference or just substract 40 value from yours and the answer you have to write there.

Now we have fixed the overlapping of notification and gap of widget have been filled.

Now let's welcome the digital clock in the expanded status bar or anywhere in systemUI, if you want to. for some devices this clock is in "status_bar_expanded_header.xml"

Find this
Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
and change it to this
Code:
    <DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
Now change few layout in status_bar.xml also. so that it will look good. Like battery on left side clock on center and signal bars on right.

Again the same layout we understood above. Starting lines are for Left Side, Middle line that we will add and below our lines will be the right side alignment.

So please mod your files like I have in my status_bar.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <ImageView android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/simicon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
            <TextView android:textSize="16.0sp" android:textColor="@*android:color/holo_blue_light" android:id="@id/percentage" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:textColor="#ff99ff00" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:clickable="false" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/gemini_signal_cluster_view" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <include android:id="@id/sim_indicator" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="25.0dip" layout="@layout/gemini_sim_indicator" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
Now for we have done with our changes so let's recompile and move it system/app/here and fix permission and reboot.
If it's not compiling then let us know the error of apktool or apkmultitool log. We will find the solution for it.

If it compile the results will be like we have in screen-shot of this post.

Both of My Status_bar.xml and status_bar_expanded.xml is attached for reference.

"CREDITS SECTION"

Our Brother - @dzolCP @joehanh88 Sir @Xda Forum
@My Wife @all others who will try for this.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-54-05.jpg
Views:	4069
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	2063473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-53-51.jpg
Views:	4031
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	2063474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-53-46.jpg
Views:	3458
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2063475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-53-39.jpg
Views:	2990
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	2063476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-02-19-23.jpg
Views:	2864
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	2063477  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Status_Bar & Status_Bar_Expanded_MOD.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.7 KB, 1063 views)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 03:13 PM |#347  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOND1987

[COLOR=Red @joehanh88,

Thanks A Lot for giving me chance to write the "how to" in your thread sir.
You and Your Guide, both are awesome.
And Please Pardon me as I found this thread more than just good to write this thing as suggested by you.
[/COLOR]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::----------:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Let's Start with Some Extra Themeing.

First of All let us understand the layout structure of the notification bar(where wi-fi,bluetooth, and other power widget are their). Its in SystemUI/res/layout/here - "Status Bar Expanded.xml"

The Second line decides the background,and layout of the status bar.

Code:
<FrameLayout android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="#3f000000" android:paddingTop="@dimen/notification_panel_padding_top" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginLeft="@dimen/notification_panel_margin_left"
Just from 5th line, its start deciding the layout of ongoing notification and other alerts.

Code:
    <FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginBottom="@dimen/close_handle_underlap">
        <include android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="@dimen/notification_panel_header_height" layout="@layout/status_bar_expanded_header" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_hr" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="21.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="40.0dip">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="0.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="0.0dip" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true">
                <TextView android:textSize="45.0dip" android:textColor="#ff99ff00" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/notification_title" android:paddingLeft="0.0dip" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:text="@string/status_bar_latest_events_title" />
            </LinearLayout>
After that comes our widget for bluetooth wifi & others- (May be different in other devices so look for icons.

Code:
        <FrameLayout android:id="@id/toolBarSwitchPanel" android:background="#3f000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="85.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="40.0dip">
        </FrameLayout>

Now after that the Scroll view,

Code:
<ScrollView android:id="@id/scroll" android:fadingEdge="none" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginTop="140.0dip" android:overScrollMode="never">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.NotificationRowLayout android:id="@id/latestItems" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" systemui:rowHeight="@dimen/notification_row_min_height" />
        </ScrollView>

After that close dragging handle,

Code:
</FrameLayout>
Now Let's start changing this.
Let's change the widget to the bottom.

Cut that codes from your status_bar_expanded.xml and paste it just above the close drag handle. and add this in that first line after "android_background" of the widget line..
Code:
android:layout_gravity="bottom"
So it will look like this
Code:
        <FrameLayout android:id="@id/toolBarSwitchPanel" android:layout_gravity="bottom" android:background="#3f000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="85.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip">
        </FrameLayout>
        </FrameLayout>
</FrameLayout>
Now let's change the gap of these widget in the above are so that, it will look good. So find scroll view line and go to end of line and see there it will be like
Code:
android:layout_marginTop="70.0dip"
Now change the value to fit your screen. I have a 5 inch screen and value is given for reference or just substract 40 value from yours and the answer you have to write there.

Now we have fixed the overlapping of notification and gap of widget have been filled.

Now let's welcome the digital clock in the expanded status bar or anywhere in systemUI, if you want to. for some devices this clock is in "status_bar_expanded_header.xml"

Find this
Code:
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
and change it to this
Code:
    <DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0dip" android:singleLine="true" />
Now change few layout in status_bar.xml also. so that it will look good. Like battery on left side clock on center and signal bars on right.

Again the same layout we understood above. Starting lines are for Left Side, Middle line that we will add and below our lines will be the right side alignment.

So please mod your files like I have in my status_bar.xml

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/status_bar" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:focusable="true" android:fitsSystemWindows="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
    <ImageView android:id="@id/notification_lights_out" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingBottom="2.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/ic_sysbar_lights_out_dot_small" android:scaleType="center" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <ImageView android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/simicon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" />
            <TextView android:textSize="16.0sp" android:textColor="@*android:color/holo_blue_light" android:id="@id/percentage" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
        </LinearLayout>
        <DigitalClock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:textColor="#ff99ff00" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:clickable="false" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
        <LinearLayout android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
            <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/gemini_signal_cluster_view" />
            </LinearLayout>
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <include android:id="@id/sim_indicator" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="25.0dip" layout="@layout/gemini_sim_indicator" />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>
Now for we have done with our changes so let's recompile and move it system/app/here and fix permission and reboot.
If it's not compiling then let us know the error of apktool or apkmultitool log. We will find the solution for it.

If it compile the results will be like we have in screen-shot of this post.

Both of My Status_bar.xml and status_bar_expanded.xml is attached for reference.

"CREDITS SECTION"

Our Brother - @dzolCP @joehanh88 Sir @Xda Forum
@My Wife @all others who will try for this.

a bunch of thanks mate!
i will update the op

PERFECT TUT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 04:19 PM |#348  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namoi

Are you trying to be able to see the statusbar even if the notification drawer is pulled down like it was in ICS?
This i can tell you how to do.

Yah I like to see my status bar everytime Im pulling down my notif drawer. Can you help me with this? Thanks
23rd June 2013, 04:30 PM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 982

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harizen

Yah I like to see my status bar evertime Im pulling down may notif drawer. Can you help me with this? Thanks

Yep, but tomorrow as all my files are at my work place. But it is pretty easy.
If i remember correctly, it is just to add a margin at the top of the expanded header and modify the 9.png for the drawer panel accordingly : meaning if you need to add 20 dip, you then need to add that 20 dip on top of the background in real pixels size and set the 9.png to not shrink that area.
There is a formula to convert, but i need to know your screen dpi. On sgs2 for example it is 240. I need also to know the height of your statusbar in dpi. This you will find in the dimen.xml or post the xml here.

Bump me here tomorrow (france time) if i forgot.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Namoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namoi Ad-Free
23rd June 2013, 04:52 PM |#350  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namoi

Yep, but tomorrow as all my files are at my work place. But it is pretty easy.
If i remember correctly, it is just to add a margin at the top of the expanded header and modify the 9.png for the drawer panel accordingly : meaning if you need to add 20 dip, you then need to add that 20 dip on top of the background in real pixels size and set the 9.png to not shrink that area.
There is a formula to convert, but i need to know your screen dpi. On sgs2 for example it is 240. I need also to know the height of your statusbar in dpi. This you will find in the dimen.xml or post the xml here.

Bump me here tomorrow (france time) if i forgot.

Cheers

Got it. Where can I find that .png (the one that will be modify). And how can I know my screen dpi and determining the height of my statbar in dpi? or to make things easy where can I find that xml so that I can post it here.

Whew I apologized for my noob answer. Thanks for the answer. I'll study it carefully.
23rd June 2013, 04:58 PM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 982

More
Dimen.xml is in res/values folder.
The height of you statusbar is inside. The string should be something like status bar height bla bla. I don't remember exactly.
The 9.png is in res/drawable hdpi on my sgs2, but again i don't have the name here + it is a 9.png so it must be properly edited.
Your dpi you will find on google.

This is an easy mod, but you must understand what you are doing or you will screw it
The Following User Says Thank You to Namoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Namoi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
joehanh88, theme, tut

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)