Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2013, 06:27 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 5,236

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyvishal

This is a good guide, very good one. But, I've found that the latest APK Multi Tool doesn't work for Android 4.2.2 apks.
Does this one work? Any solution?

Thanks for notifying

You can try downloading this - http://devhost.xda-developers.com/cze and replacing the previous files with the new files in others folder

It's by Rizal Lovin from his guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2195680

Or you can notify the bug (if it's a bug ) here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1310151
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamareebjamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamareebjamal Ad-Free
17th June 2013, 08:24 AM |#12  
Flag Patiala
Thanks Meter: 1,793

More
Best theming guide i ever seen
i love ur ,9 pngs method and how u explained us more deeply about them
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Hpsgill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hpsgill Ad-Free
17th June 2013, 08:24 AM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzyvishal

This is a good guide, very good one. But, I've found that the latest APK Multi Tool doesn't work for Android 4.2.2 apks.
Does this one work? Any solution?

Try some of the suggestions in my guide. Link below.

From me to you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 01:49 PM |#15  
res/drawable
Thanks Meter: 3,413

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamareebjamal

So, after decompiling apk, open 9 png in Photoshop and select the part inside that 1 px border and edit anything you want (Hue, Saturation, Bevel, Emboss, ANYTHING)

Here's what i do if i want to keep the .9.png border intact:
  1. Open my .9.png.
  2. Select>All.
  3. Select>Modify>Border. Set width at 1 pixel.
  4. Select>Inverse.
  5. Edit>Cut.
  6. Edit>Paste special>Paste in place.
  7. Layer>Arrange>Send to back.
This splits the the border from the image allowing you to edit the image freely without affecting the 9patch.

I'll attach my action i created to automate the process.
  1. Extract the action from the zip.
  2. Window>Actions.
  3. Select dropdown menu.
  4. Load actions> select split.9.atn

One final thing. Photoshop has no problems with the .9.png extension. When you save your image (save for web) it will show as .png, just insert .9 into the name. I've never had a problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Split .9.zip - [Click for QR Code] (435 Bytes, 74 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dully79 Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 04:40 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 5,236

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dully79

Here's what i do if i want to keep the .9.png border intact:

1. Open my .9.png.
  2. Select>All.
  3. Select>Modify>Border. Set width at 1 pixel.
  4. Select>Inverse.
  5. Edit>Cut.
  6. Edit>Paste special>Paste in place.
  7. Layer>Arrange>Send to back.
This splits the the border from the image allowing you to edit the image freely without affecting the 9patch.

I'll attach my action i created to automate the process.
  1. Extract the action from the zip.
  2. Window>Actions.
  3. Select dropdown menu.
  4. Load actions> select split.9.atn

One final thing. Photoshop has no problems with the .9.png extension. When you save your image (save for web) it will show as .png, just insert .9 into the name. I've never had a problem.

Thanks for suggestions

About last thing, I never said anything about Photoshop having problems with .9.png files

Maybe words appeared different from what they meant
The Following User Says Thank You to iamareebjamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamareebjamal Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 05:55 PM |#18  
res/drawable

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamareebjamal

Thanks for suggestions

About last thing, I never said anything about Photoshop having problems with .9.png files

Maybe words appeared different from what they meant

Sorry, my bad. I didn't mean it had problems. What I was trying to say is you can just add the .9 without any problems.
Normally I just copy the nines into a separate folder, work on them, then when saving double click and replace. Doesn't save much time with a handful, but when you have quite a lot it all adds up. Plus you still have the originals incase of an error.
The Following User Says Thank You to dully79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dully79 Ad-Free
26th June 2013, 06:34 PM |#19  
Quote:

I think you're using a step or two more than you need to layer the border, and to save I just merge the layers, save and close.
26th June 2013, 07:22 PM |#20  
res/drawable

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

I think you're using a step or two more than you need to layer the border, and to save I just merge the layers, save and close.

What steps are they? When it's automated using the action it takes less than a second.
Everyone has their own technique, personally I think merging layers and saving is redundant as they are merged when saved.
26th June 2013, 07:57 PM |#21  
Quote:

What steps are they? When it's automated using the action it takes less than a second.

True, but you still need to setup a folder, copy and paste images into it etc. How I do it...
  1. Open .9
  2. Left click and select the whole image inside the border.
  3. Layer via cut
  4. Edit
  5. Merge
  6. Save and Close.
Quote:

Everyone has their own technique, personally I think merging layers and saving is redundant as they are merged when saved.

But that way you still need a couple more steps than necessary, but like you say, we all have our own way, so just sharing mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)