[APP/FRAMEWORK] NOGAPPS Project (NetworkLocation, MapsAPI, Blank Store)

Search This thread

vikingmedic

Mar 9, 2013
Open a Terminal/Command Prompt on your pc in the folder where you downloaded the jar and enter "java -jar android-checkin-1.0.jar <email> <password>"

okay. so apparently 7zip opens jar files. So inside the jar file are three directories. what exactly am i supposed to do with those directories. sorry. kinda tired. just came off a 36 hour shift and have to be back at it at 7am for another 24....

okay. read a little on pages 20-24. So now my question is this; actually i think it's going to be two....
1) do i run the .jar on my PC or on my nook?
2) on the nook how do i navigate (via terminal) to get to my downloads folder?

Last edited:

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012
okay. so apparently 7zip opens jar files. So inside the jar file are three directories. what exactly am i supposed to do with those directories. sorry. kinda tired. just came off a 36 hour shift and have to be back at it at 7am for another 24....

okay. read a little on pages 20-24. So now my question is this; actually i think it's going to be two....
1) do i run the .jar on my PC or on my nook?
2) on the nook how do i navigate (via terminal) to get to my downloads folder?

You run the jar on your PC.

Code:
cd /sdcard/Download

MaR-V-iN

Apr 23, 2011
To generate an android id:
  1. On your PC:
  2. Install Java (if not already done)
  3. Download android-checkin-1.0.jar from here
    • On Windows: Download bla.bat into the same folder as android-checkin-1.0.jar and double click it
    • On Linux/OSX: Open a Terminal in the folder where android-checkin-1.0.jar is located and run
      Code:
      java -jar android-checkin-1.0.jar <email> <password>

Last edited:

vikingmedic

Mar 9, 2013
Copy

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added 27th June 2013 at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was 26th June 2013 at 11:53 PM ----------

Worked like a charm! Blank store now working!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

zroice

Nov 9, 2010
Guys I'm trying to get this to work with XPrivacy - I've changed my phone's ID with it, so naturally the blank shop should also get that spoofed id.

How can I check in with that id? That step with the jar is needed before the store works right? And another stupid question: How can I make a google account to use with the blank store without a phone number?

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012
I have a bug to report with blank store. To reproduce: search for "carddav". Notice at the top of the list there are a free and a paid version. If you tap on the free version, it redirects to the paid one. This is because the packages have the same name except that one is capitalized.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

kingstah

Apr 3, 2012
BlankStore Installation

Hi,
your project is awesome! I use CM9 on an Xperia Mini Pro, and I wouldn't consider installing gapps...
I have your NetworkLocation working like a charme, and the Maps API has enabled installation of apps I couldn't install before.

However, I am having trouble installing the BlankStore.

Copy new com.android.vending.apk to /system/app with permission 644 or rw-r--r--

I don't get that. I have so far just installed your BlankStore apk, created the account with an AndroidID retrieved with android-checkin.jar. I can list my installed apps and search the store, but when I try to install an app, Market crashes (sometimes before the download starts, sometimes after).

Any thoughts?
Thanks so much, you da man!

kingstah

MaR-V-iN

Apr 23, 2011
Guys I'm trying to get this to work with XPrivacy - I've changed my phone's ID with it, so naturally the blank shop should also get that spoofed id.
BlankStore does not read any system ids, so none privacy app has an effect.

How can I check in with that id? That step with the jar is needed before the store works right? And another stupid question: How can I make a google account to use with the blank store without a phone number?
The checkin jar is needed if you don't already have a valid android id

I have a bug to report with blank store. To reproduce: search for "carddav". Notice at the top of the list there are a free and a paid version. If you tap on the free version, it redirects to the paid one. This is because the packages have the same name except that one is capitalized.
Thanks for reporting :)

I don't get that. I have so far just installed your BlankStore apk, created the account with an AndroidID retrieved with android-checkin.jar. I can list my installed apps and search the store, but when I try to install an app, Market crashes (sometimes before the download starts, sometimes after).
You need to install BlankStore as system app, copy it to /system/app and reboot

Reactions: Mevordel

kingstah

Apr 3, 2012

thelieisajoke

Jun 2, 2013
Lockscreen Widgets and GAPPS

Since I am on rootbox rom, with nogapps I'm unable to place lockscreen widgets.
I am able to delete the default clock but can not add new widgets.
Also there is no camera on the lockscreen.

Due to this post and the fact it's working for the rest of rootbox users I think it's related to my lack of gapps.
(the app "Lockscreen Policy" did nothing)
Android 4.2.2.
Rootbox Nightly
t0lte / N7105

MaR-V-iN

Apr 23, 2011
Since I am on rootbox rom, with nogapps I'm unable to place lockscreen widgets.
I am able to delete the default clock but can not add new widgets.
Also there is no camera on the lockscreen.

Due to this post and the fact it's working for the rest of rootbox users I think it's related to my lack of gapps.
(the app "Lockscreen Policy" did nothing)
Android 4.2.2.
Rootbox Nightly
t0lte / N7105

I don't think this is caused by missing gapps. the mentioned post describes problems created by gapps, not solved with. to be precise: android allows applications to set a device policy. in stock google android this is used by activesync and google apps for business. if you have no gapps installed, the google apps part is not possible, but as device policy is opt-in, this will not affect your system (assuming you have a clean rom and never installed gapps since last full wipe)
in general your issue sounds like a typical dirty flash issue. if possible try the following: backup, full-wipe, install rom, install desired nogapps, boot, check if lockscreen works before restoring or configuring anything.

thelieisajoke

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think this is caused by missing gapps. the mentioned post describes problems created by gapps, not solved with. to be precise: android allows applications to set a device policy. in stock google android this is used by activesync and google apps for business. if you have no gapps installed, the google apps part is not possible, but as device policy is opt-in, this will not affect your system (assuming you have a clean rom and never installed gapps since last full wipe)
in general your issue sounds like a typical dirty flash issue. if possible try the following: backup, full-wipe, install rom, install desired nogapps, boot, check if lockscreen works before restoring or configuring anything.

I clean flashed the rom today; without gapps im unable to place lockscreen widgets - with gapps I am.

It's an interesting problem - i uninstalled all of the google apps manually (titanium) and lockscreen is still working.
So when using this rom somehow I am forced to flash the gapps-package in order to get the full functionality, somehow a script in it tries
Maybe you should take a look at the gapps-package and find out what triggers the activation of lockscreen functions.

Btw. I would like to see a flashable nogapps-zip. (Playstore/NetworkLocation/Maps-API) ;)

Also I encounter problems with your Playstore:
1. I only find a limited range of apps
2. the Playstore finds only a fraction of installed apps
3. when I try to install an app, Playstore crashes

Last edited:

sushil888

Jul 10, 2012
Mumbai
fine.

every thing went fine. but while deleting folder com.android. vending message came up, One file can't be deleted, now there r some files in it.

One more thing , new play store show s only installed apps. it doesn't shows new games, apps, by default, or this great mod wants us to manually find them . thanks anyway.

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012
I clean flashed the rom today; without gapps im unable to place lockscreen widgets - with gapps I am.

It's an interesting problem - i uninstalled all of the google apps manually (titanium) and lockscreen is still working.
So when using this rom somehow I am forced to flash the gapps-package in order to get the full functionality, somehow a script in it tries
Maybe you should take a look at the gapps-package and find out what triggers the activation of lockscreen functions.

Btw. I would like to see a flashable nogapps-zip. (Playstore/NetworkLocation/Maps-API) ;)

Google's SetupWizard.apk - See discussion at https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/android-platform/niUz5us2Xcs
The temporary solution is to copy Provision.apk from some CM ROM (they enable it) to /system/app and when you reboot it will set that bit for you. For a permanent fix you just need to convince your local ROM dev to include Provision in PRODUCT_PACKAGES. There isn't much anything to reverse-engineer because it already exists in AOSP (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Provision/+/master), so maybe a universal one could be stuck in a flashable zip in the OP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

MaR-V-iN

Apr 23, 2011

Did you try to create a completely fresh android id or do you use an existing one?
The tool+instructions to create an android id is anywhere in this thread.

every thing went fine. but while deleting folder com.android. vending message came up, One file can't be deleted, now there r some files in it.
Shouldn't be a problem,

One more thing , new play store show s only installed apps. it doesn't shows new games, apps, by default, or this great mod wants us to manually find them . thanks anyway.
There is only search and installed apps function. browsing top apps, related apps and so on will come in a future version though :)

thelieisajoke

Jun 2, 2013
Did you try to create a completely fresh android id or do you use an existing one?
The tool+instructions to create an android id is anywhere in this thread.

I used an ID from my stock rom. Also Titanium Backup is able to create an new ID.
Could you link the tools in the OP? (Also the Playstore installation instructions?)

EDIT: got a new prob:

HOW: First I installed the nogapps + nomapps-api. ThenI flashed my Rom with the gapps to get my lockscreen working and uninstalled them app by app. Now I had to restore an systems-partition where I had the gapps flashed over the nomapps-api and I'm unable to install apps (like Tasker) which need the maps-api.

TRIED: installing the nogapps-zip and extracting the files manually. After rebooting I'm stuck in the bootanimation.

SOLUTION: Finding a way to uninstall the current maps-api and then installing the nomapps-api.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    Most users propably run proprietary apps from Google by one of the three reasons "Stock ROM", "integrated within custom rom" (which may be not entirely legal) or "installed from gapps zip".
    Some of the users know that those gapps do track them more than most other apps as they are system-apps and therefor got full rights on android.
    Only few users use cyanogenmod or another rom without gapps and leave without it. This solution however is not great as you wont get updates for your apps that regularly and all over googles apps are not bad in functionality (but in privacy)

I am one of those who do they everyday work without google stuff and without gapps. I found out several problems:
    • Some apps do not install because of missing Google Maps API
    • Some apps fc at startup bacause of missing Maps API or market license check issues
    • Some apps hardcoded links to several Google Apps and therefor fc or react unexpectedly on certain cases.
    • No access to Play Store (i tried nearly every alternative market, but nothing is as good for free apps as play store) Meanwhile, F-Droid provides nearly everything you need
    So i started developing what i named the NOGAPPS package - a set of applications and frameworks with the goal to fill the gap of missing gapps package.
    This project will be continued under the name microG Project.​

Parts of this project:

Maps API v1
    A replacement of the often used google maps api with an open source one using OpenStreetMap.
    State: Version 0.5 - LEGACY BETA (15.02.2014)
    License: GNU LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
    Used Third-Party-Librarys:
    - osmdroid - LGPL​

Network Location
    Geolocation using wlan and data from Apple or a database of gsm phone cells at /sdcard/.nogapps/cells.db
    State: Version 0.1.3.2 - NO LONGER SUPPORTED (11.12.2013) - use µg UnifiedNlp
    License: Apache License 2.0 - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    Upcoming features:
    - Select data sources
    - allow disabling wifi based location
    - Add support for Mozilla Location Services
    - Collect cell/wifi location information on device and allow to submit collected information to several services
    - Wire Mobile Protocol Buffers - Apache License 2.0​

BlankStore
    An open source Google Play Store client
    Google may not like this - you're responsible for what you do, i suggest using an extra account for this app :angel:
    State: Version 0.7.5 - LEGACY (9.2.2016) - only critical updates, no new features
    License: Apache License 2.0 - http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    - android-market-api - Apache License 2.0
    - protobuf - New BSD License​

Not useable yet:
    • LoginService (used by some Tasks/Feed -Apps) [Development]
    • Services Framework [Development]
    • Maps API v2: This time with onboard map rendering, so we can use it offline even for navigation purposes and search

Downloads:
    PROVIDED "AS IS", ... (YOU are responsible for what YOU do!)
    NetworkLocation:
    Latest Release: Check out microG UnifiedNlp

NetworkLocation Database [Old file format] (copy to /sdcard/.nogapps/cells.db):
    -- Based on dumps of opencellid.org and opencellids.org - all credits to those guys there!
    Latest release: Version 2013-01-01: World - Africa - Asia - Australia - Europe (Mirror) - North-America - South-America
    Version 2012-08-27: World - Africa - Asia - Australia - Europe - North-America - South-America
    Version 2012-07-06: World - Africa - Asia - Australia - Europe - North-America - South-America - Germany

Maps API v1
    Latest Release: Version 0.5 - Download [FLASHABLE ZIP] BETA 3
    Version 0.4 - Download [FLASHABLE ZIP] BETA 2 (fixes minor issues)
    Version 0.3 - Download [FLASHABLE ZIP] BETA 1

Blank Store
    Latest Release: Version 0.7.5 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.7.4 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.7.3 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.7.2 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.7.1 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.7.0 - Download [APK]
    Version 0.6.6 - Download [SYSTEM-APK] BETA 3
    Version 0.6.3 - Download [SYSTEM-APK] BETA 2
    Version 0.4.7 - Download [SYSTEM-APK] BETA 1
    Version 0.3.7 - Download [SYSTEM-APK]
    Version 0.3.1 - Download [SYSTEM-APK]

Installation Instructions:
    NetworkLocation
    Install on Android 2.3 - 4.3: Copy NetworkLocation.apk to /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk, reboot to recovery and clean dalvik-cache.
    Install on Android 4.4 and later: Copy NetworkLocation-gms.apk to /system/priv-app/NetworkLocation.apk, reboot to recovery and clean dalvik-cache.
    Use cell locations:: Either download database from above or create your own

Maps API
    Install on Android 2.3 and later: Install the flashable zip from recovery​

Blank Store
    Install on Android 4.0.4 and later: see here
    Generate Android ID: see here

Source Code:
    NetworkLocation - GitHub
    Maps API - GitHub
    BlankStore - GitHub (new dev version: GitHub)
    LoginService GitHub
    Google Client Library GitHub
    Play Store Client Library GitHub

Donations:
    Feel free to donate via PayPal.
    Donators: @haffenloher, "privacy lawyering"
    If your donation is not listed here, this is not because i don't received or honored it, but for privacy reasons. I'll publish only those that explicitly stated that they want to be published (opt-in).​

if anybody is interested in helping me to develop these things or in testing, feel free to leave a pm or comment.
    This project's goal is to make android a real open source project - where real means good for everyday use, without stalking google apps.

MaR-V-iN
    As promised: here is a public testing release for Play Store Client (alias BlankStore)
    Download in OP
    On Android 4.4 replace /system/app with /system/priv-app in the following instructions!
    Installation instructions Requires Android 4.0.4+:
    1. Remove old PlayStore/Market files if needed (using adb shell or as you like):
      • /system/app/Vending.apk
      • /system/app/Phonesky.apk
      • /system/app/com.android.vending.apk
      • /data/app/com.android.vending-*.apk
      • /data/data/com.android.vending (folder)
    2. Copy new com.android.vending.apk to /system/app with permission 644 or rw-r--r--
    3. Reboot
    4. Generate an Android ID
    5. Create an "Google Play Store for BlankStore"-Account via Settings/Accounts&Sync
    6. Launch BlankStore from your Launcher.
    If you get fc while searching, you propably used non-working login data. Delete the account and retry or post a logcat.
    To generate an android id:
    1. On your PC:
    2. Install Java (if not already done)
    3. Download android-checkin-1.0.jar from here
      • On Windows: Download bla.bat into the same folder as android-checkin-1.0.jar and double click it
      • On Linux/OSX: Open a Terminal in the folder where android-checkin-1.0.jar is located and run
        Code:
        java -jar android-checkin-1.0.jar <email> <password>
    One would assume these could be legally integrated into a custom ROM as well?

Yes. I want this to be as open as possible. I am going to publish the sourcecode under apache license when its ready, so everybody is free to change what he likes. (Some of the upstream librarys i use are licensed under gpl so at the moment it seems like not everything can be apache licensed, however gpl should be enough for most usecases and maybe i will recode some of the stuff if need)
    C'mon @MaR-V-iN give us a sign that new Playstore project isn't dead. Please?

It's not dead, but development is paused for the moment. Im focussing on GmsCore right now, which is getting more important every day. I'm pretty sure I won't continue work on Playstore this month, but maybe during July. I'll let you know once a first preview version is out :)