223 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By qs504792, Senior Member on 26th January 2013, 06:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2013, 10:34 AM |#671  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeetcopcar69

Once again i find myself back here lol

Anyone recommend a good media player that will run smoothly on the asteroid smart? Particularly LARGE music collections (200GB)

The ones i am finding so far just keep getting errors and shutting down and freezing etc

Poweramp, n7Player or Mortplayer run smoothly on the Smart, but as I only have a few gigs of music on my external drive, I don't know how fast they work with such a large library. If you configure the apps to not scan the drive every time it starts, all of them should work reasonably smooth, I guess.
28th June 2013, 11:50 AM |#672  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Hismoom

Poweramp, n7Player or Mortplayer run smoothly on the Smart, but as I only have a few gigs of music on my external drive, I don't know how fast they work with such a large library. If you configure the apps to not scan the drive every time it starts, all of them should work reasonably smooth, I guess.

Mortplayer i have not heard of. Will give that a go Tried the others though and they either freeze or end the program randomly. Too many files to deal with i guess :/ Interesting that the stock player will handle them without an issue. Could be because it support the USB as stock, the other ones however need a fake redirection to get it to work. Might be what's doing it. Any ideas?

Could it be also because i am using Next Launcher? Anyone recommend other launchers which are not so resource hungry?
28th June 2013, 01:19 PM |#673  
Quote:

Mortplayer i have not heard of. Will give that a go Tried the others though and they either freeze or end the program randomly. Too many files to deal with i guess :/ Interesting that the stock player will handle them without an issue. Could be because it support the USB as stock, the other ones however need a fake redirection to get it to work. Might be what's doing it. Any ideas?

Could it be also because i am using Next Launcher? Anyone recommend other launchers which are not so resource hungry?

The stock launcher is probably the least demanding, Zeam Launcher is also quite lightweight.

As to the redirection: Mortplayer does not need this, it can read hidden directories just fine. You can directly point it to /tmp/udev/dev/.mnt/sda1.
28th June 2013, 02:05 PM |#674  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

The stock launcher is probably the least demanding, Zeam Launcher is also quite lightweight.

As to the redirection: Mortplayer does not need this, it can read hidden directories just fine. You can directly point it to /tmp/udev/dev/.mnt/sda1.

Tried the Mortplayer. Was good until the library filled up. The most stable APP i have found so far is Maple. It's basic and does the job. Also outputs to external visualizers. Main thing is it is reasonably quick with my collection. Only annoying thing is after device reboots it rescans the library quickly.

If Parrot fix this deep sleep issue then that won't be a problem
28th June 2013, 02:21 PM |#675  
Quote:

Tried the Mortplayer. Was good until the library filled up. The most stable APP i have found so far is Maple. It's basic and does the job. Also outputs to external visualizers. Main thing is it is reasonably quick with my collection. Only annoying thing is after device reboots it rescans the library quickly.

If Parrot fix this deep sleep issue then that won't be a problem

Hm, no way to tell Maple to not scan the library?
If you prefer another player app, you could always email the author of this app and tell him about the problem with very large libraries. Maybe it'll get fixed.
28th June 2013, 11:13 PM |#676  
Flag So. Cal.
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Hm, no way to tell Maple to not scan the library?
If you prefer another player app, you could always email the author of this app and tell him about the problem with very large libraries. Maybe it'll get fixed.

You guys don't like Winamp? I like the fact it resumes at the same place in the song when the unit shuts down.

I am trying to cut down on bootup time though. I'm at around 2min right now and I have Tasker starting Winamp at boot, so maybe that's why bootup takes so long. Would a lighter music app be quicker to launch?

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

More questions:

1. Is there a way to create a shortcut or widget to the Subwoofer Cutoff settings?
2. Is there a widget for a sytem reboot? Asteroid Tweaker has one, but I don't know how to add it when running ADW Launcher EX
3. Is there a more consistent way of lowering the media volume to 0 before shutdown? Tasker does not do it consistently and is very sporadic and only works 50% of the time. (Why do I want this? Because I don't want to hear the fracking radio when it boots back up later!)

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

4. What's your favorite visualizers? Mine is Music Visualizer

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronikings

If you guys want to download and install apps on your Parrot directly without having to transfer them from your android phone I suggest doing a google search for Blackmarket apk (Blackmart Alpha). It definitely comes in handy..

So does Aptoide and Androiddrawer.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjett

In a few apps, including google maps, Swype's keyboard is displayed incorrectly, and i get an error message that the dimensions are wrong. Is there a fix for this?

Also, Winamp, Mixzing, and Xplay can't find my USB thumbdrive. Is there a fix for this? Or am I stuck with storing media on the SD card?

Nevermind, Swype Beta 1.4 works very well and is much better than SwiftKey because of it's learning algorithm.
29th June 2013, 12:04 AM |#677  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Verizon phone and mobile data
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and just ordered a Pioneer Appradio3, but recently discovered this Parrot Asteroid Smart and thinking it might be better for me since I am an android user. Anyway, I was wondering how the data sharing between the device and my cell phone would work (Droid Razr Maxx). I have an unlimited data plan and would love it if I could just bring me phone into the car, have it automatically connect via bluetooth and the have it stream data so I can do things like listen to pandora or use google maps/navigation. I do not want to root my phone. If I have this device connected to my phone via bluetooth or USB will I be able to get an internet connection, or do I have to pay Verizon a tethering fee for this?

Thanks
29th June 2013, 12:53 AM |#678  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsocam

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and just ordered a Pioneer Appradio3, but recently discovered this Parrot Asteroid Smart and thinking it might be better for me since I am an android user. Anyway, I was wondering how the data sharing between the device and my cell phone would work (Droid Razr Maxx). I have an unlimited data plan and would love it if I could just bring me phone into the car, have it automatically connect via bluetooth and the have it stream data so I can do things like listen to pandora or use google maps/navigation. I do not want to root my phone. If I have this device connected to my phone via bluetooth or USB will I be able to get an internet connection, or do I have to pay Verizon a tethering fee for this?

I have Verizon and unlimited data as well. I just activate WiFi Hotspot on my phone and have the Smart connect through that for data, and Bluetooth for calls.
29th June 2013, 01:39 AM |#679  

More
ondigion all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWarrenKruger

I have Verizon and unlimited data as well. I just activate WiFi Hotspot on my phone and have the Smart connect through that for data, and Bluetooth for calls.

Hmm, whenever I try this it just says "Your order could not be processed" - please contact customer service at one of the following...
29th June 2013, 01:55 AM |#680  

More
RC/relay unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokidsandaphone

I'll try tonight with just line-outs, but my guess is that the amp turn-on is sending out 12v before the audio signal is stable (assuming you are using the ant remote lead for amp turn on). You could put in an RC/relay delay circuit in if this does turn out to be the case - or see if Parrot updates control of that line...

how did you install your RC/relay unit?
29th June 2013, 02:08 AM |#681  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsocam

Hmm, whenever I try this it just says "Your order could not be processed" - please contact customer service at one of the following...

Get SwitchPro Widget from the Play Store ($0.99) and use the WiFi Hotspot widget to turn on hotspotting. No interfacing with customer service required.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbui88

how did you install your RC/relay unit?

I added one of these to my install. Built a little circuit using an Arduino, a potentiometer, a voltage regulator, a transistor, and a relay. 12 volts from the ignition wire goes into the voltage regulator and 5 volts comes out, which goes into the Arduino, which is coded to wait for a variable amount of time depending on the resistance of the potentiometer (which is attached to one of its analog inputs), after which it turns on one of its digital outputs which powers the relay's coil, passing 12 volts to the amp turn on wire. Works perfectly, no more clicks or pops (mine were LOUD), and totally programmable in terms of delay (and can even do plenty of other things, should I find other needs). Total cost was around $20 for the parts, not including the Arduino programmer, which I already had.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)