[ROM][DEODEX/ODEX]][ROOTED] Google Edition 4.2.2 - v1.3

Search This thread

crbauhs

Mar 19, 2013
i know this! thats what im asking for ;p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Ah ok haha. Misunderstood you. Thought you were asking if they were working. If there was a facepalm emoji i'd be using it right now. My bad. :facepalm:

Last edited:

PMDColeslaw

Dec 3, 2008
Memphis
My suggestion would be to compile a Samsung add-on .zip with the Aroma installer so people could pick which sammy features they like. That way there's not 20 Add-on zips to mess with. For that matter you could have the Rom and add-ons in one .zip and Aroma would allow for straight Google exp or bloat city based on what the user chooses to add.

Reactions: Aodhan

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Can you clarify? You mean LED notifications are not working in this ROM? V 1.2?

Sorry! I mean in 1.1. Lightflow and gosms can't control the LED. Also mega upload is such a pain to download for mobile phones. Firefox and chrome can't download from mega.
Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aodhan

Jun 28, 2011
Moncton
OP Info

For those wondering whether I will update the ROM for Android 4.3, I will most likely create one with the leaked 4.3 and keep the one with 4.2.2 so the user can choose. Also all Samsung flashable zips will be available tomorrow, S Health, Samsung Camera/Gallery, WatchON, etc. I have most of them working now..:laugh:

Furthermore, a mirror for v1.2 will be up in 2 hours.

simho

May 28, 2013
My suggestion would be to compile a Samsung add-on .zip with the Aroma installer so people could pick which sammy features they like. That way there's not 20 Add-on zips to mess with. For that matter you could have the Rom and add-ons in one .zip and Aroma would allow for straight Google exp or bloat city based on what the user chooses to add.

This.

I don't know what Aroma is, but this.

toptekjon

Jun 16, 2012
OP Info

For those wondering whether I will update the ROM for Android 4.3, I will most likely create one with the leaked 4.3 and keep the one with 4.2.2 so the user can choose. Also all Samsung flashable zips will be available tomorrow, S Health, Samsung Camera/Gallery, WatchON, etc. I have most of them working now..:laugh:

Any idea if 64gb exFat cards work on this rom?

Jragyn

Aug 25, 2012
So far?

So far, as many users report, I've found that the recent apps thing is missing (or not normally present?), but can easily be corrected with pretty much any launcher.

I've tried installing the Samsung TW Camera, but it failed. I tried dumping the Samsungcamera2.apk straight into System/App, and a reboot later it shows up in the list of apps, but it glitches and forcecloses with no apparent error.

I've had no issues with kernals, or root for that matter, and I just came from AOKP's latest ROM. I installed things like titanium backup, greenify, etc without issue.

LTE does infact work just fine for me on AT&T, though there is no direct way to manipulate via Mobile Networks like there was before, nor can you access the *#*#4636#*#* menu through the dialer, but alternatively this app does the trick and allows access (despite the fact that it wants your money, you can do it for free).

I like this ROM overall, its noticeably smoother than previous AOSP-based ROMs, but you never notice what you are missing until you, well, are missing them. I look forward to the development of this ROM, and all its hybrid TW/AOSP features. Namely, like everyone else, that fancy-pants TW camera.

gochiefs

Jan 6, 2008
Samsung Camera

OP Info

Were you able to get HDR and some of the other effects working on the samsung camera? I got the camera to open and take pics with auto and beauty face, but HRD locked up the cam and best photo locked the phone with the camera running. Havent tried the other effects yet.

PMDColeslaw

Dec 3, 2008
Memphis
OP Info

Have you considered creating one zip with aroma vs multiple samsung zips?

This.

I don't know what Aroma is, but this.

This is AROMA :cool:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1461712

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
OP Info

Cant wait for you to update rom to 4.3 and have lte working fine for at&t, and then to flash the samsung apps. Happy times :)
Btw, you can have both the samsung camera and stock camera work on the same rom with no issues?

sonymsam

Sep 12, 2008
Houston
So far, as many users report, I've found that the recent apps thing is missing (or not normally present?), but can easily be corrected with pretty much any launcher.

I've tried installing the Samsung TW Camera, but it failed. I tried dumping the Samsungcamera2.apk straight into System/App, and a reboot later it shows up in the list of apps, but it glitches and forcecloses with no apparent error.

I've had no issues with kernals, or root for that matter, and I just came from AOKP's latest ROM. I installed things like titanium backup, greenify, etc without issue.

LTE does infact work just fine for me on AT&T, though there is no direct way to manipulate via Mobile Networks like there was before, nor can you access the *#*#4636#*#* menu through the dialer, but alternatively this app does the trick and allows access (despite the fact that it wants your money, you can do it for free).

I like this ROM overall, its noticeably smoother than previous AOSP-based ROMs, but you never notice what you are missing until you, well, are missing them. I look forward to the development of this ROM, and all its hybrid TW/AOSP features. Namely, like everyone else, that fancy-pants TW camera.
Did fix permissions after you moved the camera apk to system/apps?:confused:

crbauhs

Mar 19, 2013
OP Info

AWESOME! I am not sure which I will go with yet, though me being me it might just be 4.3 assuming all is well on it.

This is a great idea. Much simpler for hosting and OP and for the users.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Google Edition.

FEATURES

Code:
    * Pure Nexus Experience
    * All TW Frameworks were part of System Dump[B][I] - Most Samsung System .APKs should function properly[/I][/B]
    * Added SuperUser Access
    * Added .su commands to terninal emulator
    * Fixed WI-FI Issues
    * Fixed LTE for SGH-I337/M
    * Modified MMS.apk with [B][I]QUICK REPLY[/I][/B]
    * Fixed build.prop info with SGH-I337/M
    * De-bloated - All Play Store Apps have been removed
    * All Non-English Play Store Keyboards have been removed

-- Google Edition - Stock as Possible

Bugs

Please report any as soon as possible

Changelog

v1.31 - 20130704
    Further De-bloat
    Wi-Fi Fixes
    Deodex Added as Option
    BUG FREE

v1.2 - 20130628
    Injected Root into /app with SuperUser
    Added .su commands into /system/bin and /system/xbin for terminal access
    Modified MMS.apk was added with quick reply (Credits to all CM10.1 developers)

v1.1 - 20130627
    Data Issues Fixed
    Fixed build.prop model name and number
    Wi-FI Issues Fixed

v1.0
    Initial Release based on system dump

DOWNLOADS
    v1.31 ODEX - http://d-h.st/Lm8
    v1.31 DEODEX - v1.31 ODEX - http://d-h.st/Lm8 - Credit to @dustintinsley

OLDER BUILDS
    v1.2 - http://d-h.st/8mC
    v1.1 - http://d-h.st/gX9

Code:
    HOW TO INSTALL:
    * Download the ROM (NO NEED FOR GAPPS)
    * Reboot to Recovery
    * Wipe data/factory reset
    * Flash the ROM
    * U.S. MODELS - Flash Loki Patch - http://tau.shadowchild.nl/files/loki-doki.zip (CANADIAN USERS DO NOT INSTALL)
    * Reboot your Galaxy S4
    * Enjoy

HOW TO UPDATE:
    * Flash Over Top Previous Version

To Be Implemented
    Root - SuperUser
    A variety of Samsung flashable zip addons *including WatchON (AND POSSIBLY MULTIWINDOW)
    Replace MMS.apk with modified Quick Reply
    Add .su commands
    Swap Double Tap and Hold Home Button

Stock Kernel
    Let me know the rest..

Please keep in mind I will be keeping this experience as stock as possible - Excluding SuperUser Access and Quick Reply, all other additions will be available in the form of a flashable zip

Samsung Apps
    Below I have included a link to a zip with all Samsung Apps that I have decompressed from the stock Touch Wiz Rom from the /System/App Directory. THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP simply a zip containing all apps that will allow other developers or members to tinker with:)

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ep9kET6J!Ool2niosdTycZVZuozfV-T0XdHd-3I12m77rpo-zr6s

Please support my ROM by adding this banner to your XDA signature

2upg687.jpg
    Thread cleaned ...

Folks, XDA is a development site, not a support site. Nowhere in the OP does it state anything about this thread being a request for more stuff. Help the OP with the development of the rom as it is or move on.

No more self righteous stuff in here. If you don't like the rom as is, again, move on then.
    v1.3 IS NOW LIVE

http://d-h.st/Lm8

Check the OP for the Changelog:)

I cannot stress enough how quick this latest build is. I killed all of the bugs from v1.2 including MTP as I bundled the stock Google Edition Kernel and to kill two birds with one stone, this should also fix any Telus LTE issues.

Thank you so much for the support XDA!

I will continue to update with bug fixes!
    Message from OP

Next update is planned for Android 4.3 :)

Stay tuned.
    Message from OP

I really hope everyone is enjoying the ROM. I've had a few requests for v1.3 if I were to make one, which was my original plan. I'd like not to bloat the ROM, so I've decided since bugs are almost non-existant to make one final version fixing a few bugs.

v1.3 will include a system wide de-bloat, data and Wi-Fi fixes, and should be up later today:). I will continue to regularly update this ROM with small bug fixes (v.1.31 etc) if needed. Also when Android 4.3 is officially released, or leaked with a version with TW framework, I will make sure to update it. I had thought that perhaps I would make Samsung features available my flashable zip and I still might, however for the time being it is incredibly easy, because TW frameworks were part of the System Dump, all Samsung apps should theoretically function properly as long as you put them in your /System/App directory. If you need help finding the TW apps, I am always here to help and can PM you anything you would like:)

For all of you experiencing any 'unauthorized software' error on the US AT&T Model, all you should need to do to fix that is to flash the ROM with a recovery that loki patches it for you as this ROM is not patched for simplicity.

Please let me know if you are enjoying this ROM and thank you so much for the support!:D

v1.3 Changelog is in the OP