[GT-I9505G][Leaked Firmware] I9505GUEUBMFP (4.3) - U.S.A (XAR) [28-06-13

Search This thread

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Pretty much. I figure since that modem works on all the same frequencies as my I337, there's no technical reason why the modem shouldn't work. If I lose radio capability, I should be able to flash back to an I337 modem unless the I9505G modem somehow overruns the bounds of the radio partition. If that happens, the phone is most likely screwed and it's time to play dumb.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ponder that happens and you have to return it. Don't be shocked if they ask you one of the following questions. (or, hell, maybe even all?)

1. Have you tried turning it off and back on again? (well, no, it doesn't respond to anything..)
2. Have you tried making a factory reset? (Again, it doesn't respond to any kind of inputs..)
3. Have you tried taking the battery out for 10 minutes and then inserted it again? (Yes, but nothing happens..)

Reactions: oldblue910

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Ponder that happens and you have to return it. Don't be shocked if they ask you one of the following questions. (or, hell, maybe even all?)

1. Have you tried turning it off and back on again? (well, no, it doesn't respond to anything..)
2. Have you tried making a factory reset? (Again, it doesn't respond to any kind of inputs..)
3. Have you tried taking the battery out for 10 minutes and then inserted it again? (Yes, but nothing happens..)

Yeah that's a given. I can play stupid with the best of them, though. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aerys

Jun 18, 2012
Our download mode says, Write protection enabled. If we disable this maybe we can flash anything witout errors

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Well I can't flash the modem via Odin. Does anyone know how to flash it via dd? Do you know if you can flash a modem.bin file via dd?

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
OK, so you CAN flash radios via recovery. The modem.bin file flashes to 0p2 and NON-HLOS.bin flashes to 0p19. But, the I9505G modem simply does not work on an I337 that easily. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to get it working, but the good news is, I was able to flash the I337UCUAMDL radio back to my device and it's all working. No harm, no foul. Can't blame a brother for trying! ;)

Last edited:

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
OK, so you CAN flash radios via recovery. The modem.bin file flashes to 0p2 and NON-HLOS.bin flashes to 0p19. But, the I9505G modem simply does not work on an I337 that easily. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done to get it working, but the good news is, I was able to flash the I337UCUAMDL radio back to my device and it's all working. No harm, no foul. Can't blame a brother for trying! ;)

What? NON-HLOS is 0p1 isn't it? and modem is 0p2?

For the i9505 at least.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2342841

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Earlier this week, Google announced the Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505G). Yesterday, we received a HUGE tip in our mailbox. So first of all, Special thanks to this secret tipper. The Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition is exactly the same device as the standard Galaxy S4 at the hardware level. The big difference is of course Google's own Android Interface! Today we proudly present you the first firmware for the Galaxy S4 Google Edition. With this firmware developers could create easy custom roms for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505). Our firmware is completely STOCK which means we didn't change anything! This firmware is based on Android 4.3! Google still needs to announce Android 4.3 but we expect this Android version to be unveiled by Google, soon. Android 4.3 is a minor update from Android 4.2.2.

Do NOT flash this firmware on your Galaxy S4!
    Our advice is not to flash this firmware on your standard Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/GT-I9500) as you might brick your device. Please check forums like xda-developers.com first. We tried to flash the firmware on our own Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), but you simply can't flash your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) through odin as the bootloader won't let you. This is the reason why we made a CUSTOM ROM for all GT-I9505 users. For now, this firmware is only a gift for developers!

We hope all Galaxy S4 developers are happy with our gift. Enjoy!

REMEMBER DO NOT FLASH YOUR GALAXY S4 (GT-I9505/GT-I9500) WITH THIS FIRMWARE!

Firmware details:
    Version: Android 4.3
    Build ID: JWR66N
    Changelist: 968842
    Build date: Wed, 26 June 2013 21:21:05 +0000
    Product Code: XAR
    PDA: I9505GUEUBMFP
    CSC: I9505GXARBMFP
    MODEM: I9505GUEUBMFP
    Download: I9505GUEUBMFP_I9505GXARBMFP_XAR.rar

Package content:
    - Odin3 v3.07
    - CSB_signed_Fusion3_GED_0610_V2.pit
    - BOOTLOADER_I9505GUEUBMFP_968842_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    - CSC_XAR_I9505GXARBMFP_968842_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    - MODEM_I9505GUEUBMFP_968842_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    - PLATFORM_I9505GUEUBMFP_968842_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
    And how can we do this? :laugh:

Well, for starters, the Loki sources are publicly available, as to where to patch, I guess some reverse engineering of the I9505 hboot is in order, your best bet is to spend a few minutes with IDA and look for a function that always gets called and set your addresses in LOKI to match it. The best would be to aim for a non critical function so you do not have to rewrite it with your payload. My best guess would be to replace whatever checks for the bootloader signature, since that's what we want to nop and it always gets called upon writing hboot.

I would look into it, but work has taken its toll on my free time :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
    This is a different firmware lol.
    It boots to Download mode but automatically restart the phone when i see the android logo

ANyone flashed the pit already?

i need to first back up my phone with jtag....