[s-off] Moonshine s-off for One SV

Search This thread

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC One SV . Developed by Fuses, beaups, and Hyuh. Enjoy.

1.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
2.) make sure adb and fastboot drivers are working
3.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
4.) if you are having problems with fastboot, try a usb 2.0 port.
5.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
6.) make sure other programs that interfere with adb and fastboot are uninstalled (PDANet, Kies, etc.)
7.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
8.) if you use a third party firewall, be sure to grant access to distiller.exe as it checks for updates
9.) MAKE SURE HTC SYNC IS UNINSTALLED
10.) YOU MUST UNZIP THE ARCHIVE BEFORE RUNNING DISTILLER. DO NOT JUST TRY TO RUN IT FROM THE ARCHIVE.

Downloads available at: http://moonshine.io

MasterDL

Jan 14, 2011
London
uploadfromtaptalk1372610731694.jpg
The moon has shine on me tonight.

Thank you, very much. Took me quite a few times to get the correct criteria :p

Like to thanks oldsplatterhead for his stock rom.

Thanks again.

P.s when HTC releases 4.2 obviously a new hboot will come with it, wonder if moonshine s-off can be carried over? Guess it's too early to ask.... but I have faith it will be cracked.

Sent from my HTC One SV using xda premium

Reactions: old.splatterhand

Smellie2

Apr 25, 2010
Install custom roms

Hi, is there a change that something can go wrong using this method? Because I have used it after htc dev-unlock an rooting, and have S-off, but my phone doesn't install a custom rom. I understand that you have to be S-off to be able to install custom roms, right?

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Hi, is there a change that something can go wrong using this method? Because I have used it after htc dev-unlock an rooting, and have S-off, but my phone doesn't install a custom rom. I understand that you have to be S-off to be able to install custom roms, right?

If you see, that you are S-Off, you should be S-Off, i think.
And you don't need to be S-Off to flash custom Roms, you also can flash with S-On, but you need to flash boot.img with fastboot then.
As i have seen your phone info, you have hboot 2, that means you had already jb installed. So why do you want to use the stock, odexed rom instead?

Smellie2

Apr 25, 2010
If you see, that you are S-Off, you should be S-Off, i think.
And you don't need to be S-Off to flash custom Roms, you also can flash with S-On, but you need to flash boot.img with fastboot then.
As i have seen your phone info, you have hboot 2, that means you had already jb installed. So why do you want to use the stock, odexed rom instead?

I want that because my phone acts weird. It doesn't remember whether I want to use my launcher or Sense, if I put a widget on my homescreen the next day there's a grey area where the widget was, etc. So I thought if I can install a stable rom that might be over.

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
I want that because my phone acts weird. It doesn't remember whether I want to use my launcher or Sense, if I put a widget on my homescreen the next day there's a grey area where the widget was, etc. So I thought if I can install a stable rom that might be over.

Have you tried to do a factory reset?
Sounds a little bit like a default (with data partition).

Smellie2

Apr 25, 2010
Have you tried to do a factory reset?
Sounds a little bit like a default (with data partition).

No, I haven't done that. I can with a guide root my phone and tablet, but I don't know what happens when I do something like that. Do I have to get rooted then again, or doesn't that change all that stuff like rooting and unlocking?

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
No, I haven't done that. I can with a guide root my phone and tablet, but I don't know what happens when I do something like that. Do I have to get rooted then again, or doesn't that change all that stuff like rooting and unlocking?

It doesn't change unlocking or S-Off. It deletes all user data, all you brought to your phone (not external sd, internal sd i'm not sure), but not things in system.
It sets the software itself to the point where the phone came to you.

Reactions: Smellie2

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Thx for the answer...

I followed your suggestion but moonshine gives me an adb failure during the proccess...

I want to S-off my device and then try your custom JB rom...

You are already on JB, so there is no real profit for you, cause mine is not modded.

Here a quote from another forum (thanks to wetbiker):
Make sure you have removed HTC sync from you computer. Also, make sure USB debugging is enabled in developer settings on your phone.

If you have HTC sync, make sure that you reboot the pc and the phone so that everything is reset and the files are completely removed from the pc.

Unzip the Moonshine zip that you downloaded and place it in a folder. With your phone fully booted, plug in USB and connect to pc. Click on the distiller and follow the prompts. Also, make sure you have a good charge on your phone because it'll take it between 5 and 10 minutes.

Also, if you are running a custom kernel, you will need to reinstall it after you have finished with Moonshine.

Edit: disable anti-virus and run the distiller as administrator.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: russellvone

sakax

Feb 1, 2013
ERROR: run distiller again and READ

what do i miss? i fastboot flashed splatterhand's stock boot.img for k2u...

edit: SOLVED... you shall not use customized roms :)

Checking for updates......
Please wait....
Test 1: Rebooting into bootloader
Waiting for fastboot (7/60)
Waiting
Test 2: Booting device
Waiting for ADB (27/60)
Device detected.....................
[************************************************************]
Test 3: Rebooting into bootloader (again)
Waiting for fastboot (7/60)
Waiting for ADB (38/60)
Waiting for device
Moonshining (1)......................................
Moonshining (2).............................
Moonshining (3)..................................
Moonshining (4).........
Waiting for ADB (34/60)
Waiting for device
Powering off device, UNPLUG your device, then press VOL-DOWN & Power to enter hboot
All Done, hope you enjoyed the Moonshine!

Last edited:

Matlevo12

Jul 27, 2012
Hi.
Quick question, I'm trying to help someone back in France with this.

If you're on JB (official OTA update) and do this procedure, will you :
- keep your data as they were just before ?
- keep your rom as it was before (ie : will you be able to install the next OTA updates without any trouble) ?
In one word : does this process just does S-OFF or does it change anything else ?

Thanks a lot !

M

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC One SV . Developed by Fuses, beaups, and Hyuh. Enjoy.

1.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    2.) make sure adb and fastboot drivers are working
    3.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    4.) if you are having problems with fastboot, try a usb 2.0 port.
    5.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    6.) make sure other programs that interfere with adb and fastboot are uninstalled (PDANet, Kies, etc.)
    7.) make sure htc sync is uninstalled
    8.) if you use a third party firewall, be sure to grant access to distiller.exe as it checks for updates
    9.) MAKE SURE HTC SYNC IS UNINSTALLED
    10.) YOU MUST UNZIP THE ARCHIVE BEFORE RUNNING DISTILLER. DO NOT JUST TRY TO RUN IT FROM THE ARCHIVE.

Downloads available at: http://moonshine.io
    All devices now supported
    Boost (k2_cl) cricket (k2_plc_cl) gsm lte(k2_ul) and gsm only (k2_u)

All one Sv users can install this, it only takes five minutes. Boost mobile is still in testing, but it fully works.
    Thanks beaups and fuses. Without them this wouldn't be possible at all.

Sent from my HTC One SV
    Welcome to moonshine s-off for the HTC One SV .
    Thanks for posting this here and your great work all around!
    :good:
    There is no moonshine for 422 available!

Use rumrunner

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    hi all, this is my first post in one SV forum. s-offed my new device (k2_ul) with moonshine.io few days ago, it all went well and quick.

thanks, moonshine! i'll make a donaton in few days.