[ROM] Bonsai v0.0.1 09/19/2013

Search This thread

MasterZen88

Bonsai Geeks

Latest ROM: ouya_bonsai_v0.0.1
Last Update: 09/13/2013
Type: JB

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect[/COLOR]

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous Apple TV owners!

..::INCLUDED MAIN FEATURES::..
  • Based on OUYA release US 1.0.459-r1
  • Deodexed
  • Rooted
  • BusyBox Installed
  • OTA Redirected to ZenGeeks.net Servers
  • Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
  • Ext 4 tweaks
  • Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
  • System tweak for optimal performance
  • Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
  • CIFS Support
  • Wireless ADB Support
  • Xposed Pre-Installed

..:: Donations::..
THANK YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING DONATION:
  • Your Name HERE

..::A Special Thanks::..

..::Installation::..
DO NOT FACTORY RESET

**Full Wipe Needed for optimal performance**
  1. Boot Into CWM Recovery
  2. Perform Backup
  3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  4. Wipe Cache
  5. Wipe Dalvik-Cache
  6. Reboot
..::Pre Install::..
Once log into OUYA go to Google Play Store, input Google account. ( You might have to input twice) after doing so close Google setup and access Google play store.

..::ROM::..

DOWNLOAD LINK: FIXING
md5: c7489a7b22109136867721d4bd2c7dca
DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

..::ChangeLog::..
Code:
Bonsai v0.0.1
[LIST]
[*]Based on OUYA release US 1.0.459-r1
[*]Deodexed
[*]Rooted
[*]BusyBox Installed
[*]OTA Redirected to ZenGeeks.net Servers
[*]Custom initramfs (init.d supported)
[*]Ext 4 tweaks
[*]Optimaize apk files (PNG Opt, Resources and APK Comperssion, Zipalign)
[*]System tweak for optimal performance
[*]Network speeds(ipv4) tweaked
[*]CIFS Support
[*]Wireless ADB Support
[*]Xposed Pre-Installed
[/LIST]

Last edited:

afrome

Jun 23, 2009
ZG BETA
ZenGeeks

Latest ROM: ZG_Beta_v0.0.1
Last Update: N/A

Wabi-Sabi: Finding the beauty in, and embracing the imperfect!

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous Apple TV owners!

• Based on OUYA release US 1.0.328
  • Deodexed
  • Rooted
  • BusyBox Installed
  • Ext 4 tweaks

• Your Name HERE

DOWNLOAD LINK:
DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

Code:
ZGBeta v0.0.1
[LIST]
[*]Based on OUYA release US 1.0.328
[*]Deodexed
[*]Rooted
[*]BusyBox Installed
[*]Ext 4 tweaks
[/LIST]

Looking forward to it I was a little angry when I got my console and Google play was not in it. Ouya made this big thing about being completely open and what do they give us a great android gaming platform that you are not allowed to use unless you hack it or buy games from them. that should be an optional market not the only choice. I bought the Ouya so I can play my android games that I have already purchase from the play store. Ouya great product horrible execution. on the lunch you looked a little like f-ING Apple Please correct this. sorry for leaving this on your post if you want you can forward to Ouya too angry to think straight.

Ozz465

Jul 30, 2011
Looking forward to it I was a little angry when I got my console and Google play was not in it. Ouya made this big thing about being completely open and what do they give us a great android gaming platform that you are not allowed to use unless you hack it or buy games from them. that should be an optional market not the only choice. I bought the Ouya so I can play my android games that I have already purchase from the play store. Ouya great product horrible execution. on the lunch you looked a little like f-ING Apple Please correct this. sorry for leaving this on your post if you want you can forward to Ouya too angry to think straight.

While I get your point , it was kinda obvious the play store would not be on the ouya, never mentioned by the ouya team and makes sense there store would be there only way to make $

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

Reactions: afrome

MasterZen88

**Google Play Store** - I'll add that to my list-of-things-to-do :D

ThomasTJ

Jun 17, 2012

That would be really great, I also miss it.Would it be possible to install a Video Player who also plays mkv, avi? Is it possible, that the ouya can also play NTFS hard drives? Would like to connect my hard drive and then also watch 1080p movies.

Thanks a lot.

afrome

Jun 23, 2009
Android means freedom Of choice

that sound great and I understand it's their way of making money but I payed for the console because I thought it would be the one console that allows the owners meaning me not Ouya to decide what I have on it. When I think android I think freedom of choice, no limitations placed on the end user by the manufacturer. They can still make a lot of money without getting greedy if they have great products and a great user friendly interface of course i will buy from their market. but I want to do it by choice and not because I do not have one. They need to be reminded that this is not apple once you sell the product it is no longer yours it becomes the property of the consumer. and the consumer shows his or her appreciation by continuing to do business with them. Microsoft just proved what greed can do to a franchise, Ouya should not force People away. I feel I they gave the End User what He/She wants and add what they want to it they will be surprised by the result. have your market as an option not the only option and you will win a loyal fan base.

Last edited:

super jay

Jan 10, 2010
Buffalo, NY
While I understand the desire for the play store I believe it should not come pre-installed. The Ouya is not a phone or tablet and thus the play store content can hardly be considered compatible. As long as Ouya reframes from deliberately blocking third partys from adding it, we can't reasonably be mad at them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: datagutt

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
@superjay The problem is that they are deliberately keeping us from accessing it. If this was based purely on AOSP without gapps installed then there would be no problem, but there have been many of us working different angles trying to get the Play Store working on the Ouya for over a month now. The only "Custom ROMs" that are flashable are based on the Ouya framework, no one has been able to get an AOSP based rom to work, and it looks like professorpoptart has bricked his while trying. Since Ouya doesn't have any hardware button combination to access recovery, and have locked access to NVRAM, the console is still very brickable.

They claim to be open, but when you really get down to it, they're "open" for app developers, but not hackers. Which means we just have to find ways around their protections and that takes time. I'm hoping now that there's a retail launch some more experienced android hackers will take an interest and some progress will be made again. It's been mostly stagnant since we ported CWM recovery over. I'm really glad to see MasterZen88 got these optimizations done, and I'm looking forward to trying out this ROM when he posts it, but I'm far more excited about the prospect of installing CM10 and really opening this box up.
@MasterZen88 I hope I haven't offended with anything I said above, I'm not familiar with your work, but it's always great to have more developers on board. Feel free to email or PM me if I can help you with testing, or if you want to know some of what I have tried in my own pursuit of getting the play store and/or CM10 working on the Ouya.

MasterZen88

@superjay The problem is that they are deliberately keeping us from accessing it. If this was based purely on AOSP without gapps installed then there would be no problem, but there have been many of us working different angles trying to get the Play Store working on the Ouya for over a month now. The only "Custom ROMs" that are flashable are based on the Ouya framework, no one has been able to get an AOSP based rom to work, and it looks like professorpoptart has bricked his while trying. Since Ouya doesn't have any hardware button combination to access recovery, and have locked access to NVRAM, the console is still very brickable.

They claim to be open, but when you really get down to it, they're "open" for app developers, but not hackers. Which means we just have to find ways around their protections and that takes time. I'm hoping now that there's a retail launch some more experienced android hackers will take an interest and some progress will be made again. It's been mostly stagnant since we ported CWM recovery over. I'm really glad to see MasterZen88 got these optimizations done, and I'm looking forward to trying out this ROM when he posts it, but I'm far more excited about the prospect of installing CM10 and really opening this box up.
@MasterZen88 I hope I haven't offended with anything I said above, I'm not familiar with your work, but it's always great to have more developers on board. Feel free to email or PM me if I can help you with testing, or if you want to know some of what I have tried in my own pursuit of getting the play store and/or CM10 working on the Ouya.

Not offended at all. Glad to be apart of this OUYA movement.

XDA is all about working together has team, to get the job done as one Unity. I would be honored to work with any dev on this ouya forum. I'm not the most skilled but I have had my fair share of bricked devices. Check out my "About Me" on the OP if you would like to know who I am.
I originally started out on this forum has Mammon88 but decided to change my screen name... Just a TIP dont use Mammon has your screen names, its not really nice...lol

That would be really great, I also miss it.Would it be possible to install a Video Player who also plays mkv, avi? Is it possible, that the ouya can also play NTFS hard drives? Would like to connect my hard drive and then also watch 1080p movies.

Thanks a lot.

Can sideload XBMC by going to their website and using the Android version off there. I've been happily using that to watch videos... someday I'll finish the original Doctor Who series. Partially through season 12 so far. -_- Only 14 more full seasons after this one to go. Whee. :)

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
Can sideload XBMC by going to their website and using the Android version off there. I've been happily using that to watch videos... someday I'll finish the original Doctor Who series. Partially through season 12 so far. -_- Only 14 more full seasons after this one to go. Whee. :)

Ok, totally off topic, but you brought it up. The reason I haven't watched Dr. Who is because of the missing episodes in the early seasons. How much did that impact your enjoyment of the series?

Ok, totally off topic, but you brought it up. The reason I haven't watched Dr. Who is because of the missing episodes in the early seasons. How much did that impact your enjoyment of the series?

The episode-set we watched had reconstructed versions of everything. Most had at least the original audio, but... those weren't my fav episodes. They didn't make me want to not continue watching the entire series or want to skip them. Sometimes frustrating though...

If it works for your style, I highly suggest watching those episodes while multitasking playing a game or doing some light coding. Something to distract you from the fact that you're only hearing the audio with subtitles to let you know what was supposed to be happening on the screen.

DivinityCycle

Jul 29, 2010
Portland, OR
One other thing this ROM will "need" is the ability to prevent automatic updates. The default Ouya launcher (at least I THINK its the Launcher) actually automatically downloads & installs OTA-style updates with zero user prompts, which is presently a great way to just spontaneously have your ROM blown away.

Also, any word on CWM getting to where we can actually boot into that consistently? I'm a bit LESS gunshy about bricking my Ouya now that they're available to the general public (I got mine via KickStarter like a month ago), but I'd still really prefer to have a graceful way to re-stock / bring my system back from the dead if needbe :p

Asadullah

Aug 24, 2010
casselberry
One other thing this ROM will "need" is the ability to prevent automatic updates.

I'm wondering if you delete the ota url address in the build.prop if that will do it.
Also has anyone added ro.usb_host = 1 supposed to help with usb storage but not confirmed.
I'm slightly fixated on the build.prop today looking at all the diffferences. Between the ouya and a phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bonsai Geeks

Latest ROM: ouya_bonsai_v0.0.1
    Last Update: 09/13/2013

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect[/COLOR]

• Based on OUYA release US 1.0.459-r1
    • Deodexed
    • Rooted
    • BusyBox Installed
    • OTA Redirected to ZenGeeks.net Servers
    • Ext 4 tweaks
    • CIFS Support
    • Wireless ADB Support
    • Xposed Pre-Installed

• Your Name HERE

DO NOT FACTORY RESET

**Full Wipe Needed for optimal performance**
    1. Boot Into CWM Recovery
    2. Perform Backup
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Dalvik-Cache
    6. Reboot
    ..::Pre Install::..
    Once log into OUYA go to Google Play Store, input Google account. ( You might have to input twice) after doing so close Google setup and access Google play store.

DOWNLOAD LINK: FIXING
    md5: c7489a7b22109136867721d4bd2c7dca
    DOWNLOAD MIRROR:

Code:
    Bonsai v0.0.1
    [LIST]
    [*]Based on OUYA release US 1.0.459-r1
    [*]Deodexed
    [*]Rooted
    [*]BusyBox Installed
    [*]OTA Redirected to ZenGeeks.net Servers
    [*]Ext 4 tweaks
    [*]CIFS Support
    [*]Wireless ADB Support
    [*]Xposed Pre-Installed
    [/LIST]

ROM released... Have Fun!!!

Sorry for the Delay>>> New ROM is ready!