By garok89, Senior Member on 5th August 2009, 04:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2009, 08:52 AM |#561  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFart

According to the Translator it's Mexican Spanish

Don't know if it is possible, to have a spanish and a mexican spanish version.
Currently i only use the 2 letter language code.

I don't even think that's mexican spanish (even though that would explain some of the Flanderized text) since most of the text is broken. The translator probably ran it through a (bad) automatic translator and then "fixed" some of the non-mexican words (comprobar=>checkear, ahora=>ahorita, conseguir=>agarrar...).

The checkbox to get experimental builds (I think, it's the one on top of "Update Server") is labeled as "you build old people". I still don't know how anyone could translate "experimental" as "old".

My poor eyes bleed every time I open this app. It was already perfect when it was in English.

12th August 2009, 09:29 AM |#562  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenGM

I don't even think that's mexican spanish (even though that would explain some of the Flanderized text) since most of the text is broken. The translator probably ran it through a (bad) automatic translator and then "fixed" some of the non-mexican words (comprobar=>checkear, ahora=>ahorita, conseguir=>agarrar...).

The checkbox to get experimental builds (I think, it's the one on top of "Update Server") is labeled as "you build old people". I still don't know how anyone could translate "experimental" as "old".

My poor eyes bleed every time I open this app. It was already perfect when it was in English.

LOOOOOOL ok thats bad
12th August 2009, 10:48 AM |#563  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garok89

senab....we need you to sign the svn version...there were bugs in the translations meaning that using the localized versions will crash

please export and sign it as 2.05 / 205 and get cyan to stick it on the market

thanks

I'm going away tomorrow morning until Monday so I have been waiting until this afternoon/tonight to make sure we get as many bugs fixed as possible. I'll will forward a signed version on 2.0.1 (it's a third digit release as it's only a bugfix release, second digit = new function, first digit is a near complete rewrite).
12th August 2009, 11:00 AM |#564  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senab

I'm going away tomorrow morning until Monday so I have been waiting until this afternoon/tonight to make sure we get as many bugs fixed as possible. I'll will forward a signed version on 2.0.1 (it's a third digit release as it's only a bugfix release, second digit = new function, first digit is a near complete rewrite).

Then we have to release the 2.1 because he have a few Function Changes(See the commits in the trunk)
12th August 2009, 12:45 PM |#565  
Flag Göteborg
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Had the occation to try the updater today. Started it with "No updates found".
Pressed "Check Now" and CM Updater just vanished.
Started it again, "No updates found", "Check Now" and now 3.9.8 was found.

/Mats
12th August 2009, 03:23 PM |#566  
Flag Clearwater, FL

More
I had to check for updates 3 times before it found 3.9.8. And, yes, I do have "experimental builds" enabled. Just thought you should know...

Thanks for this great app.
The Following User Says Thank You to stellarman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stellarman Ad-Free
12th August 2009, 03:36 PM |#567  
Flag Clearwater, FL

More
Mirror: android.phaseburn.net says it is downloading...

but nothing is happening. Bar does not move. No speed or remaining time being reported.

Now, when I cancel download, the home screen says I have an new update to install. So, it must have completed in the background.

Weird.

Are we still moving in the direction of having an automatic nandroid backup when we install an new update?

EDIT: Rebooted to recovery in order to do a nandroid backup. When I came back to CMUpdater, I required me to download the new update again. Is it supposed to check and see if the new update is already on the SD card?

Not complaining -- just telling.
12th August 2009, 03:58 PM |#568  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 233

Donate to Me
More
If there are more native Russian speakers checking this thread, I'd love to hear your (constructive) criticism of my RU translation. Specifically - spelling and correctness of technical terms.
12th August 2009, 04:33 PM |#569  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
/sdcard wiped?
I just read back through the posts since CM 3.9.8 was released last night and I didn't see anything about this, but thought the dev should know that the updater wiped the FAT32 partition of my SD card. It's not the end of the world, but of course I didn't notice it until I was leaving for work this morning, so I didn't have time to try to do anything about it. Does anyone have any ideas or know of apps to use ON the phone to try to recover the deleted files/folders?

Other than that, this is a great idea and a great app...makes the entire process so much easier.

Thanks.
12th August 2009, 04:34 PM |#570  
Flag Tampa, Fl
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Mine is not working, it took me 4-5 "Check for Update" and 1-2 reboots.

Finally it DL'ed about 95% of it and it told me it had an error. When I went into the updater it allowed me to update the version....(I thought the error was and error)....When I selected update it told me there was an MD5 error. Had to reboot to get all the errors off the screen.

EDIT: Trying again.....

This time I noticed that when the phone tries to go into portrait mode the DL gets interupted and decides to stop then the whole app errors until you reboot the phone.
12th August 2009, 04:36 PM |#571  
Flag Tampa, Fl
Thanks Meter: 4

More
double post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cmu, cmupdater, cyanogen, cyanogen-updater

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)