FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[MOD][FEB 10] MultiROM v33

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,156
 
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2013, 11:31 PM |#1711  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

Reboot and when you get to the boot menu, tap the misc tab in the upper right. Tap save error log to sd card. Then boot into android. Open a file explorer capable of browsing root filesystem (es file manager, astro, ...). Open /data/media/0/multirom/error.txt

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Ok... so. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: txt error.txt - [Click for QR Code] (128.0 KB, 15 views)
 
 
27th June 2013, 11:53 PM |#1712  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagol44

Ok... so. Here it is.

I am sure once tassadar sees this, he will be able to help. I will look at it as well, and see if anything jumps out at me. Tasssadar will be the best bet, though.

Edit: Your error log shows ubuntu as type 2, where mine is type 4. Before installing ubuntu, are you installing it as the img.gz, or are you unzipping it first to just the .img file alone? Also, when installing, are you choosing the android/ubuntu touch option, or just the ubuntu option?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
28th June 2013, 12:01 AM |#1713  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

I am sure once tassadar sees this, he will be able to help. I will look at it as well, and see if anything jumps out at me. Tasssadar will be the best bet, though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Forget it. Already solved the problem. I can't believe I was so dumb:
I had the wrong version of the modified TWRP, (v2.3.something). Installed the v2.5.0.0 and everything worked like a charm.

Sorry for all this.

BTW: Ubuntu runs awesome!! Thanks everyone for the help!
28th June 2013, 12:03 AM |#1714  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagol44

Forget it. Already solved the problem. I can't believe I was so dumb:
I had the wrong version of the modified TWRP, (v2.3.something). Installed the v2.5.0.0 and everything worked like a charm.

Sorry for all this.

BTW: Ubuntu runs awesome!! Thanks everyone for the help!

Lol, awesome! Glad to hear you got it going!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Username invalid
29th June 2013, 01:31 PM |#1715  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Which screen recording software works with MultiRom? All I'm getting when trying to record is this



29th June 2013, 06:13 PM |#1716  
EvanA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,310
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username invalid

Which screen recording software works with MultiRom? All I'm getting when trying to record is this



I don't believe there is any screen recording software that works with tegra 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
3rd July 2013, 01:00 AM |#1717  
eng.stk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42,312
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhall119

ubuntu-touch-preview is Android base system with an Ubuntu chroot, which is what we've been running since the images were first released.

ubuntu-touch is an Ubuntu base system with Android in an LXC container (what we're calling a "flipped" image) which is where we are transitioning to.

The new type of builds available on ubuntu touch ae not compatible with MultiROM, hope a fix can be found, I just love MultiROM
3rd July 2013, 08:56 AM |#1718  
rebel1699's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,466
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.stk

The new type of builds available on ubuntu touch ae not compatible with MultiROM, hope a fix can be found, I just love MultiROM

It should be fine to repackage the root.tar.gz into an .mrom flashable file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
3rd July 2013, 10:47 AM |#1719  
eng.stk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42,312
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

It should be fine to repackage the root.tar.gz into an .mrom flashable file.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

How to do that? You mean do this operation every time a new build is up? Seems kinda messy
3rd July 2013, 03:13 PM |#1720  
Tasssadar's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,156
 
Donate to Me
More
Nah, new Ubuntu touch images gonna need some work. TWRP 2.6 should come out sometime soon (one or two weeks), so I'm gonna do it all at once when it is out - merge 2.6 into my modified TWRP and add support for new Ubuntu touch.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
3rd July 2013, 07:40 PM |#1721  
blmvxer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 617
 
Donate to Me
More
Sweet!!!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes