[Q] Titanium Backup Pro can't uninstall stock apps

Search This thread

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
Hi,
I recently updated my Hercules T989 to Jellybean 4.1.2 via Kies. When I was on ICS, I could easily uninstall the t-mobile stock apps(or any other stock apps) using Titanium Backup Pro. But after upgrading to JB 4.1.2, I cant uninstall a single stock app. I tried updating Titanium backup pro from 4.1 to 4.5.6 but its still the same. It can freeze the apps but one app: 't-mobile accounts' unfreezes itself. I dont know how it happens. By the way, the device is rooted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

rymanh

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto
Go into preferences and scroll down till you find Chuck Norris mode and make sure the box is ticked.. then they to uninstall the app.. other than that I don't know how to help. I have never had that problem with TB

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
I checked. The chuck Norris mode is on. I froze all the stock Bloatware using titanium backup. But this one app: 'T-mobile My Accounts' unfreezes itself. Still can't find any help, anywhere.

D

Darth

I checked. The chuck Norris mode is on. I froze all the stock Bloatware using titanium backup. But this one app: 'T-mobile My Accounts' unfreezes itself. Still can't find any help, anywhere.

I couldn't freeze it either....but I did uninstall it no problem in tibu.

Sent from my cell phone telephone....

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
I couldn't freeze it either....but I did uninstall it no problem in tibu.

Sent from my cell phone telephone....

Did u do it in jellybean 4.1.2? As I said earlier, I could successfully uninstall/freeze all those stock apps using TB earlier when my phone was on ICS. This problem arose after I upgraded my firmware.

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
Did u do it in jellybean 4.1.2? As I said earlier, I could successfully uninstall/freeze all those stock apps using TB earlier when my phone was on ICS. This problem arose after I upgraded my firmware.

Did u re root the phone after u updated through kies?, if u didn't kids automatically puts the stock OEM non rooted firmware on ur device and u will have to root the phone again same process

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

D

Darth

Yes, on 4.1.2. :)

Sent from my cell phone telephone.

GaidinBDJ

Sep 18, 2012
Las Vegas
Hi,
I recently updated my Hercules T989 to Jellybean 4.1.2 via Kies. When I was on ICS, I could easily uninstall the t-mobile stock apps(or any other stock apps) using Titanium Backup Pro. But after upgrading to JB 4.1.2, I cant uninstall a single stock app. I tried updating Titanium backup pro from 4.1 to 4.5.6 but its still the same. It can freeze the apps but one app: 't-mobile accounts' unfreezes itself. I dont know how it happens. By the way, the device is rooted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Are you sure Titanium Backup has root permissions? Check your Superuser app log and make sure they're being granted. You need root access for Titanium Backup to be able to remove/freeze system apps (like the built-in stuff).

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
Did u re root the phone after u updated through kies?, if u didn't kids automatically puts the stock OEM non rooted firmware on ur device and u will have to root the phone again same process

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Yes, I have rooted my phone after I upgraded the firmware through kies. I checked my root status using the app 'Root Checker Basic'. It says my phone as proper root access.

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
Are you sure Titanium Backup has root permissions? Check your Superuser app log and make sure they're being granted. You need root access for Titanium Backup to be able to remove/freeze system apps (like the built-in stuff).

Yes, I have checked it. TB has been granted root permissions. TB successfully freezes all my system apps. But only one app - "T-Mobile My Accounts" unfreezes itself automatically after a while. I dont know how or why that happens. All my other system apps stay frozen except that one single app. And about uninstalling, none of the system apps can be uninstalled. When I run the batch operation to uninstall, it shows the progress bar but gets stuck at 0%. No progress at all.

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
Go into preferences and scroll down till you find Chuck Norris mode and make sure the box is ticked.. then they to uninstall the app.. other than that I don't know how to help. I have never had that problem with TB

jshresth

Jun 9, 2013
my problem along with a screenshot

TB freezes all my stock apps. but as I mentioned earlier, one app - "T-Mobile My accounts" unfreezes itself after a while. And when I try uninstalling any stock apps, it just gets stuck. The progress bar doesnt move (show any progress). I am attaching a link to a screenshot about what happens.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B05paCZgRaxIbjZYZWlKbEx3eVk/edit?usp=sharing

Please if anyone has found the solution to this problem, I would be very very grateful.

PS. : As other members suggested, I have checked everything. The Chuck Norris mode is on. TB has root permissions. Everything seems to be in order.

HibikiRush

Jan 29, 2011
TB freezes all my stock apps. but as I mentioned earlier, one app - "T-Mobile My accounts" unfreezes itself after a while. And when I try uninstalling any stock apps, it just gets stuck. The progress bar doesnt move (show any progress). I am attaching a link to a screenshot about what happens.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B05paCZgRaxIbjZYZWlKbEx3eVk/edit?usp=sharing

Please if anyone has found the solution to this problem, I would be very very grateful.

PS. : As other members suggested, I have checked everything. The Chuck Norris mode is on. TB has root permissions. Everything seems to be in order.

I have just run into the same problem. T-Mobile My Account will unfreeze itself upon reboot. Any ideas? Would prefer not to uninstall.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
I have just run into the same problem. T-Mobile My Account will unfreeze itself upon reboot. Any ideas? Would prefer not to uninstall.
Sounds like you are using a stock based ROM then. So you will have to live with that app. Otherwise you may cause problems by trying to delete or freeze it. Anybody that is determined to remove it, you can use a root based file explorer and delete the apk from the system/app folder. Backup the app somewhere by copying & pasting it in another folder, so you can replace it later if you start experiencing issues.

sam_e_square

Oct 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
hello guys,

by mistakenly I moved my titanium backup pro as system app,
now when I try to move it back to sd card, its not moving..
it says unable to download
pls help...