[Q] Do your i9505 always "wake up" when you receive a call?

Search This thread

hotlips69

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton, Sussex. UK
I've been having issues with my i9505 not always "waking up" when someone tries to ring me, and instead they get sent directly to my voicemail.

It's inconsistent from speaking to people who have tried to ring me and got my voicemail, even though my phone is ALWAYS ON 24/7 with a near maximum H+ signal, and always near full charge. :(

Is it normal when you press the home key and the lock screen appears that the clock initially shows the last time the phone was "woken" or "unlocked" and then in an instant corrects itself to the correct time??

It feels like the phone is going into a deeper sleep state than I'd like which MAY be causing my issues?

HS™

Apr 28, 2012
Bangalore
I've been having issues with my i9505 not always "waking up" when someone tries to ring me, and instead they get sent directly to my voicemail.

It's inconsistent from speaking to people who have tried to ring me and got my voicemail, even though my phone is ALWAYS ON 24/7 with a near maximum H+ signal, and always near full charge. :(

Is it normal when you press the home key and the lock screen appears that the clock initially shows the last time the phone was "woken" or "unlocked" and then in an instant corrects itself to the correct time??

It feels like the phone is going into a deeper sleep state than I'd like which MAY be causing my issues?

have u updated to new version without a complete reset ?

If so do a Reset and try

hotlips69

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton, Sussex. UK
factory reset and you should be all set

I've not done any updates whatsoever and have only had the phone for 2 weeks, and simply installed several apps.

It took ages to configure the phone settings to my liking, so I really don't want to factory reset it.

Does the "clock not updating on lock screen" that I mentioned happen to you or anyone else?

sten_amund

Aug 26, 2012
Waking up this question thread. I'm experiencing the exact same issues - with my i9506 (the LTE+ model). Quite annoying actually even though the problem may seem minute.

Interesting to see that you havd/hade the same problems under JB. I'm seeing the same under KK 4.4.2. Just checked the clock-update on lock screen and for a split of a second, the clock showed the "old time" before it updated. I do not know if i had the same problem before updating to KK (I had the phone only for about a month before it was updated to 4.4.2). Maybe it has to do with some deep sleep policy issue for the Snapdragon chipset as both the i9505 and i9506 have Snapragon. I have reported my observations to my local Samsung customer care centre (which is in Sweden).

Rgds