FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CWM][TWRP] For the Samsung X Cover 2 aka GT-S7710 aka skomer

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 163

By flxo, Senior Member on 5th July 2013, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached. Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

The source is on my github account. (no link - see above - just google: github flxo). Feel free to comment and improve....

Code:
sudo heimdall flash --pit skomer.pit --Kernel2 recovery.img
DISCLAIMER: Use this recovery image at your own risk! You are responsible to any harm that is caused to your device during the use of this software.

Download
Mirror

CWM Changelog:

2013/07/08: Added kernel build with source from Samsung Open Source. Fixed external_sd stuff that enabled restore and backup to the sd.
2013/07/09: Fixed CWM boot loop (reboot recovery menu item or reboot syscall). Updated j4fs and param kernel modules.
2013/07/11: Added ext4 capabilities to installer (needed for otapackage). Updated fstab with reserved area at the partition end.
2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.3. edit: weird reboot issue.
2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.6 (cm-10.1). Sideload still not functional.
2013/11/03: Updated to version 6.0.4.4 (cm-10.2).
2013/11/09: Fixed USB and sideload. Do not use.
2013/11/14: Updated to version 6.0.4.5. Added param and j4fs modules to recovery.
2014/01/12: Updated to version 6.0.4.6. <-- USE THIS VERSION
TWRP Changelog:

2013/12/07: Initial TWRP version from Omnirom 4.3 branch
2013/12/21: Source update. Minor kernel fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2062.jpg
Views:	14894
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	2095101  
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to flxo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flxo Ad-Free

5th July 2013, 09:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 172

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your work!

For those who want to try this beta-build:
  • download the newest odin-flashable build from here - thanks to @flxo
  • start Odin >= 3.07
  • select the downloaded CMW in the PDA section
  • unselect autoreboot if you would like to test it after flashing immediately
  • plug your XCover2 in
  • flash it
  • let it reboot/if you want to test cwm now:
    • power off by holding the power button
    • hold Volume +, Home and Power button simultaneous
    • you should see cwm
  • done

BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore - build 12.07.2013 for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TheBoegl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheBoegl Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 10:28 AM |#3  
Flag Oxelosund
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Originally Posted by flxo

Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...

Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached.

Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

The source is on my github account. (no link - see above - just google: github flxo). Feel free to comment and improve....

I did not try yet to flash a zip with the CWM port but so far the graphics look good and the SD is mounted. I attached the recovery image to this post:

Hang on.

cheers,

flxo

sorry for the short description, but it's Friday 9pm and I really shouldn't sit in front of my computer...

I'll try this out. Oh and if this works, I'll see if I can start porting any roms to this device now

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yo, I made a flashable odin.tar! Enjoy testing guys, cheers

http://rapidshare.com/files/2716144166/recovery.tar.md5
The Following User Says Thank You to Lum_Os For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lum_Os Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 10:33 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I keep my fingers crossed for it.
It will open new world for our phone.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
6th July 2013, 10:34 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoegl

BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.

Thanks. That fix is exactly what I need right now...

Everyone be carefull - this image is absolutely untested and may brick your device....
The Following User Says Thank You to flxo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flxo Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 10:42 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum_Os

I'll try this out. Oh and if this works, I'll see if I can start porting any roms to this device now

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yo, I made a flashable odin.tar! Enjoy testing guys, cheers

http://rapidshare.com/files/2716144166/recovery.tar.md5

Has anyone tried
The Following User Says Thank You to kolmanb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kolmanb Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 10:47 AM |#7  
Flag Oxelosund
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolmanb

Has anyone tried

Tried flashing, works like a charm. Just hold volume up, home and power, let go of power when you feel vibration and keep hold volume up and home button and you're in cwm! Gonna try port first custom rom, cm10 from s2 and see if it truly works
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lum_Os For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lum_Os Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 11:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello,

I have just tested : very good ! very good !
Thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2535 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2535 Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 11:12 AM |#9  

More
Works perfectly super !
6th July 2013, 03:13 PM |#10  

More
backup: ok
restore: ok
6th July 2013, 04:30 PM |#11  

More