FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,480

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.1 Now Available!
4th July 2013, 08:44 PM |#1361  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodmeister View Post

wonder if anyone can help?

I'm trying to change the battery, signal and wifi icons. I manage to decompile the framework-res.apk and the systemui.apk files, add the relevant changes, recompile, resign etc and create a flashable zip.

When i flash the zip via CWM, nothing happens upon reboot - ie no changes to the above icons. I have even tried the mini menu to see if that worked and it didnt.

Any ideas? I'm using the stock gingerbread rom on a rooted xperia play

>>>Did you get any error message when you flashed the zip?

No errors when flashing zip - starts flashing, then just stops - no errors, no completed flashing message or anything - is confusing me a little tbh... at a bit of a loss at the moment. Could this be anything to do with my OS? I originally done this on Windows 8, but have recently reinstalled to Windows 7 - will try this tomorrow when I'm done moving!
4th July 2013, 10:03 PM |#1362  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodmeister

No errors when flashing zip - starts flashing, then just stops - no errors, no completed flashing message or anything - is confusing me a little tbh... at a bit of a loss at the moment. Could this be anything to do with my OS? I originally done this on Windows 8, but have recently reinstalled to Windows 7 - will try this tomorrow when I'm done moving!

You're moving? Oh, I remember that chaos. Eight years later, I still have stuff in boxes waiting to be sorted out..

This shouldn't be Windows-related. I suspect it may be more to do with your recovery. Is it possible you can share exactly what is displayed when you try to flash the zip please?

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA Premium
..Have you tried Tickle My Android yet?
5th July 2013, 09:45 PM |#1363  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

You're moving? Oh, I remember that chaos. Eight years later, I still have stuff in boxes waiting to be sorted out..

This shouldn't be Windows-related. I suspect it may be more to do with your recovery. Is it possible you can share exactly what is displayed when you try to flash the zip please?

From what i remember, i get installing update then it cuts back to the zip options (ie select zip from sdcard etc etc) will post an exact copy of what displays when i can get another zip created as I deleted the zip as it didnt seem to work.

I will try and do this tonight, if not tonight then tomorrow.

Thankfully (re moving) didnt have a lot to move, just the important stuffs - clothes and my computer haha!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bodmeister For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bodmeister Ad-Free
6th July 2013, 12:31 AM |#1364  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Hello Ticklefish

I did what the instructions said but when i tried to flash the zip its not working. Xtracted the systemui and decompile it, then recompile it then edit the status.bar then push it to get ready for zip, then zip the file. Can u tell me where i missedthe steps?
6th July 2013, 03:43 PM |#1365  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangkoy08

Hello Ticklefish

I did what the instructions said but when i tried to flash the zip its not working. Xtracted the systemui and decompile it, then recompile it then edit the status.bar then push it to get ready for zip, then zip the file. Can u tell me where i missedthe steps?

So you edited the statusbar after recompiling?
7th July 2013, 02:19 AM |#1366  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:

Yup i edited it before i recompiled the systemui. What should i do?
7th July 2013, 11:23 AM |#1367  
Quote:

So..you didn't edit it after recompiling. Hmm.

I need to know the exact process you did. Is it possible you can share your log files please? You'll find those in the 'user_files\LOGS' directory.

And what precisely do you mean by the zip not working?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 11:42 AM |#1368  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 1,100

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Possibly you got the process of making a flashable zip wrong

1.After Recompiling and preparing and/or zipaligning the app
2.Press Go the flashable zip menu.
3. a.Then! if its a system app(like Systemui.apk) hit 2! i.e Add system/app to project
b.if framework-res.apk hit 3 i.e add system/framework to project

4.Then hit 7 i.e create Flashable zip!

possibly users may hit 7 directly (after recompiling) and find their Flashable zip not working coz it basically has no apps and only commands to wipe your dalvik cache

HIt if i help
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madaditya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Madaditya Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 06:36 PM |#1369  
Flag LUBIERZYN
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:

I hawe problem im using tma all was ok befor but now ewry time i mod my system ui interface fc befor all was ok im on lg l5 rom cm 10.1
7th July 2013, 07:39 PM |#1370  
Quote:
Originally Posted by luki2411

I hawe problem im using tma all was ok befor but now ewry time i mod my system ui interface fc befor all was ok im on lg l5 rom cm 10.1

Oh, dear. That's not good.

Can you fill in the form from the op and attach your logs please?

That'll help me work out what's going wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
7th July 2013, 08:24 PM |#1371  
Flag LUBIERZYN
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:

Oh, dear. That's not good.

Can you fill in the form from the op and attach your logs please?

That'll help me work out what's going wrong.

In log is that recompile succes no errors befor i do many mod on my system ui and all works ok now i cant i dont now why thanks for reply maybe tma 6.0 whil solve my problems
The Following User Says Thank You to luki2411 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luki2411 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)