[CWM][TWRP] For the Samsung X Cover 2 aka GT-S7710 aka skomer

Search This thread

flxo

Jul 3, 2013
Munich
Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached.:silly: Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

The source is on my github account. (no link - see above - just google: github flxo). Feel free to comment and improve....

Code:
sudo heimdall flash --pit skomer.pit --Kernel2 recovery.img

DISCLAIMER: Use this recovery image at your own risk! You are responsible to any harm that is caused to your device during the use of this software.

Download
Mirror

CWM Changelog:

2013/07/08: Added kernel build with source from Samsung Open Source. Fixed external_sd stuff that enabled restore and backup to the sd.
2013/07/09: Fixed CWM boot loop (reboot recovery menu item or reboot syscall). Updated j4fs and param kernel modules.
2013/07/11: Added ext4 capabilities to installer (needed for otapackage). Updated fstab with reserved area at the partition end.
2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.3. edit: weird reboot issue.
2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.6 (cm-10.1). Sideload still not functional.
2013/11/03: Updated to version 6.0.4.4 (cm-10.2).
2013/11/09: Fixed USB and sideload. Do not use.
2013/11/14: Updated to version 6.0.4.5. Added param and j4fs modules to recovery.
2014/01/12: Updated to version 6.0.4.6. <-- USE THIS VERSION

TWRP Changelog:

2013/12/07: Initial TWRP version from Omnirom 4.3 branch
2013/12/21: Source update. Minor kernel fixes.

Attachments

• DSCN2062.jpg
    DSCN2062.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 15,352
Last edited:

TheBoegl

Jun 30, 2009
Thanks for your work!

For those who want to try this beta-build:
  • download the newest odin-flashable build from here - thanks to @flxo
  • start Odin >= 3.07
  • select the downloaded CMW in the PDA section
  • unselect autoreboot if you would like to test it after flashing immediately
  • plug your XCover2 in
  • flash it
  • let it reboot/if you want to test cwm now:
    • power off by holding the power button
    • hold Volume +, Home and Power button simultaneous
    • you should see cwm
  • done :)

BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore - build 12.07.2013 for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.

Last edited:

Lum_Os

Jan 22, 2012
Oxelosund
Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...

Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached.:silly:

Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

The source is on my github account. (no link - see above - just google: github flxo). Feel free to comment and improve....

I did not try yet to flash a zip with the CWM port but so far the graphics look good and the SD is mounted. I attached the recovery image to this post:

Hang on.

cheers,

flxo

sorry for the short description, but it's Friday 9pm and I really shouldn't sit in front of my computer...

I'll try this out. Oh and if this works, I'll see if I can start porting any roms to this device now :)

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yo, I made a flashable odin.tar! Enjoy testing guys, cheers ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/2716144166/recovery.tar.md5

Reactions: kolmanb

Hagis

May 19, 2009
I keep my fingers crossed for it.
It will open new world for our phone.

Wysyłane z mojego Nexus 7 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

flxo

Jul 3, 2013
Munich
BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.

Thanks. That fix is exactly what I need right now...

Everyone be carefull - this image is absolutely untested and may brick your device....

Reactions: iNDEX3

TheBoegl

Jun 30, 2009
I have reupped the previous recoveries because they were unflashable with odin.
I really apologize for that mistake my Finnish, Slovenian and Bulgarian members ;) if Odin is stuck, just unplug your phone and select the new image, plug it in again and flash.

This double post is to inform the few of you who have downloaded the file already.

HeavyMoertel

Jul 6, 2013
I created an Odin flashable .tar.md5 of the 20130606_1_ version. I tried it myself, works fine.
One nitpicky question: flxo, shouldn't it be 20130706? It's July after all ;)

Attachments

• recovery.tar.md5.7z
    6.4 MB · Views: 986

HeavyMoertel

Jul 6, 2013
[*]reboot recovery: reboots device normally. failed.

20130606_1_ fixed that for me, the device froze for half a minute and then rebooted into recovery.

EDIT:
Bad news: Somehow, the phone exclusively reboots into recovery now. I don't know if it's due to choosing "reboot recovery" or something else...

Last edited:

HeavyMoertel

Jul 6, 2013
I guess you found my fix for that in the second post :good:

Yeah, well, I really shouldn't have followed you on that, I guess.
But many thanks for reminding me of your fix. :highfive:

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Issue: factory reset formats the whole SD card.

Last edited:

p.Lipov

Jun 7, 2013
I'm so sorry, can you tell me how to install CWM, I tried to Odin MOD but nothing Nest, thank you very much.

TheBoegl

Jun 30, 2009
you were faster than i thought.
I've added the description and link in the second post.
Let me know if you need more information.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

a few weeks ago I got a Samsung X Cover 2 after my loved Defy boke down...Thanks to the rooted image that theboegl created I examined the device and started to port CWM to the device. Some photos of CWM on the S7710 are here. Sorry - cant post outside links before I did 10 posts....attached.:silly: Thanks to OliverG96 who worked on CM for the S3 mini that is quite similiar to the skomer it wasn't a hard job to get it running.

Code:
    sudo heimdall flash --pit skomer.pit --Kernel2 recovery.img

DISCLAIMER: Use this recovery image at your own risk! You are responsible to any harm that is caused to your device during the use of this software.

Download
    Mirror

CWM Changelog:

2013/07/08: Added kernel build with source from Samsung Open Source. Fixed external_sd stuff that enabled restore and backup to the sd.
    2013/07/09: Fixed CWM boot loop (reboot recovery menu item or reboot syscall). Updated j4fs and param kernel modules.
    2013/07/11: Added ext4 capabilities to installer (needed for otapackage). Updated fstab with reserved area at the partition end.
    2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.3. edit: weird reboot issue.
    2013/07/19: Updated to version 6.0.3.6 (cm-10.1). Sideload still not functional.
    2013/11/03: Updated to version 6.0.4.4 (cm-10.2).
    2013/11/09: Fixed USB and sideload. Do not use.
    2013/11/14: Updated to version 6.0.4.5. Added param and j4fs modules to recovery.
    2014/01/12: Updated to version 6.0.4.6. <-- USE THIS VERSION

TWRP Changelog:

2013/12/07: Initial TWRP version from Omnirom 4.3 branch
    2013/12/21: Source update. Minor kernel fixes.
    Thanks for your work!

For those who want to try this beta-build:
    • download the newest odin-flashable build from here - thanks to @flxo
    • start Odin >= 3.07
    • select the downloaded CMW in the PDA section
    • unselect autoreboot if you would like to test it after flashing immediately
    • plug your XCover2 in
    • flash it
    • let it reboot/if you want to test cwm now:
      • power off by holding the power button
      • hold Volume +, Home and Power button simultaneous
      • you should see cwm
    • done :)

BTW: no one should just follow me by doing a reboot recovery, though I have created an odin-flashable restore - build 12.07.2013 for getting out of the "boot to recovery" loop without loosing data.
    I have problem with CWM. CWM is shown as invalid.

I've fixed that file. Please redownload it.
    Does not work my test.zip.
    Your update-binary was not as it is supposed to be.
    And the error you posted was created earlier.

Tried flashing, works like a charm. Just hold volume up, home and power, let go of power when you feel vibration and keep hold volume up and home button and you're in cwm! Gonna try port first custom rom, cm10 from s2 and see if it truly works :)